Medical Skin Peels – Exfoliation and Vitamin Treatments
The Coco Ruby Skin team offers a wide variety of peels for different skin types, skin conditions and appearance concerns. From hydrating skin peels to exfoliating peels, we have custom treatments to suit each skin type and occasion. Our expert Skin Team has hand chosen the most active and results-driven peels available on the market today, and along with Laser and other Rejuvenation treatments, offer you many options to help revitalise your skin’s appearance.
At Coco Ruby Skin , we test and choose the most active and advanced skincare ranges to get you results and skin health. We have a variety of medical grade skincare to suit all skin types. A thorough skin assessment is necessary to enable our Dermal Clinicians to prescribe the right skincare system for you.
We have several different high-grade product lines to suit most skincare needs, including Obagi, Medik8, DNA Renewal, PCA Skincare and Cosmedix.
Chemical Skin Peels are helpful to treat the skin conditions including:
- Acne or acne scars
- Age and liver spots
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Irregular skin pigmentation
- Rough skin and scaly patches
- Sun-damaged skin
What are Chemical Skin Peels?
Sun exposure, acne or just getting older can leave your skin tone uneven, wrinkled, spotted or scarred. If you want your skin to look smoother and younger, consider a chemical peel. It involves the application of a specific solution to the surface of the skin. This peels away the outermost layers of the skin revealing fresh skin beneath after the healing process.
Chemical peels can be superficial, medium and deep in their penetration of the skin. A chemical peel, also called chemexfoliation or derma peeling, is one of the least invasive ways to improve the appearance of your skin.
Although chemical peels are used mostly on the face, they can also be used to improve the skin on the body including chest, neck, back, arms and hands.
What are the risks and complications of a skin peel?
Chemical peels rarely result in serious complications, but certain risks do exist. It is usually a very safe procedure when performed by a qualified and experienced Dermal Clinician. It happens infrequently, but you could develop an infection or scarring from chemical peels. For people with certain skin types, there is a risk of developing a temporary or permanent color change in the skin. Birth control pills, getting pregnant or family history of brownish discoloration on the face may increase the possibility of developing abnormal pigmentation. If you have suffered from cold sores (herpes) in the past, there is a small risk of reactivation. Be sure to tell your doctor because she may prescribe medication before and immediately after a chemical peel to avoid an outbreak. Inform your physician if you have a history of keloids (scar tissue overgrowth) or any unusual scarring tendencies.
You can reduce the risks associated with the facial peels by following all of your Clinician’s instructions and by giving a complete medical history.
See our Before and After Photos for Facial Skin Peels
Cost of Chemical Peels
Regenerating & resurfacing treatments that help to induce collagen remodeling.
PCA Peel HQ Free
Meso 30% – 50% Lactic | Meso 20% – 30% Salicylic | Meso 40% Mandelic
Obaji Blue Peel
Peel Second Layer
Make a BOOKING (03) 8849 1444
Watch our FACIAL PEEL video to see the steps involved in a first-time skin care visit at Coco Ruby!
Click the icon below to watch the VIDEO of a Skin Care Assessment with Canfield Reveal imaging, and a BENEFIT SKIN PEEL/FACIAL PEEL treatment at our clinic in Melbourne!
Steps involved in a Skin Care Consultation & Treatment (We have numerous options for skincare peels, facials, Healite II treatments and more).
Give your skin a boost today. What you’ll experience during a visit to Coco Ruby for your first VISIT:
- Health/Medical History and Skin Care Assessments including forms.
- Canfield REVEAL to see what’s happening beneath the visible area of your skin (pigmentation, hydration, vascularity, sun damage).
- Deep Cleanse and Skin Evaluation.
- Discussion of possible treatment options and their benefits.
- Treatment (Optional) – If you elect to have a facial treatment or the recommended treatment and you fill in the consent form and other paperwork, you will enjoy your facial and skincare treatment.
- Depending on the treatment, you may be given sun protection to cover the skin (or told to not wear anything on your skin for a designated period after your skincare treatment, and to avoid sun exposure for a certain number of days). You’ll also be told what to expect after the treatment – if it’s a peel (as in this video), the patient was informed her skin would peel over the next 3-7 days, and the skin would look radiant – it DOES! (Subscribe to our newsletter to see the BEFORE & AFTER photos in our next e-newsletter edition).
- After your treatment is completed, you’ll be given some recommendations for the appropriate after-care and HOME CARE systems.
And the best news is that our cosmeceutical skin care ranges are AFFORDABLE and EFFECTIVE.
So …. do you have pigmentation concerns, uneven skin texture, frequent breakouts or very dry skin, or other concerns you’d like to get a skin consultation to discuss? Our leading Dermal Clinicians are happy to help you find solutions to your main facial appearance related complaints. We also have some of Melbourne’s most talented Cosmetic Injectors at our Clinic in Hawthorn East.
Does YOUR skin need a boost?
We have a variety of treatments that can reduce pigmentation including Melasma, or reduce problematic conditions such as Acne & Pimples, dryness, fine lines, Rosacea, and more!
Next Step: Book your Initial Consultation for Chemical Skin Peel Treatments
Send us a confidential enquiry or call on (03) 8849 1400 to arrange your Confidential Consultation with one of our Coco Ruby Skin Team.
Want more information before scheduling your treatment consultation?