PCA Skin Care Range available from our Team at Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing
We are proud to offer the PCA Skin, DNA Renewal & Cosmedix skin care ranges
Cosmeceutical Skincare requires extensive knowledge of anatomy & physiology of the skin as well as the interaction between the skin and topical ingredients and preparations.
Here’s what’s important to know:
- Most store-bought, over-the-counter skin care products are designed for the mass market.
- Store-bought products tend to have fewer active ingredients and hence, more limited effectiveness, than more potent formulations.
Medical-grade or cosmeceutical skin care products, on the other hand, are often more powerful than standard products.
This is because special skin care products are prescribed, as they contain active ingredients, such as:
- Zinc/titanium (sunscreen)
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B) – helps to improve skin immunity and cell metabolism
- AHA/BHA (alpha-hydroxy acids/beta hydroxy acids) – help to exfoliate and renew the skin
- Anti oxidants – including vitamin C, help to mop up free radicals caused by environmental damage
- Growth factors – a relatively new addition, growth factors help to repair and regenerate skin
These cosmeceutical skin care products are best prescribed for your specific skin concerns. This is typically done by a Skin Care Physician such as an Aesthetic Physician, Plastic Surgeon, Dermatologist or Dermal Clinician.
Why a Professional Skin Assessment is Important for Better Looking Facial Skin
- The skin is what protects our internal systems from bacterial infections and other environmental harms including pollution
- The skin’s function is to protect other organs (internal organs) – Skin is the body’s number one BARRIER to prevent illnesses and disease
- The Skin is a key protector from the sun’s rays – yet it pays the price for being frequently exposed to the sun and other environmental factors including pollution, smoke and bacteria.
- Store-bought products in general often don’t penetrate the skin; in other words, they don’t always fully absorb – because your skin doesn’t allow just anything to pass its protective barrier and the ingredients and molecule sizes of products may prevent absorption
ACTIVE Ingredients in DNA Skin Care range helps with Skin Rejuvenation
High quality facial serums, active cleansers and dual-action moisturising creams such as in the DNA Skin Care Range often have advanced formulations.
They are called “cosmeceuticals” or medical-grade skin care products as they tend to contain higher levels of ACTIVE ingredients. Active ingredients work in the deeper levels of the dermis (skin) to help stimulate cellular renewal, strengthen collagen and improve the skin’s revitalisation processes.
In order to deliver essential vitamins and minerals into the skin – and penetrate through the barrier – you often need expert skincare advice on which particular medical-grade skincare products (and which particular active ingredients) will best suit your skin and help soothe any skin concerns.
Cosmeceutical Skincare products contain active ingredients to help rejuvenate, renew, replenish & protect the skin.
Although many over-the-counter skin care products on the market claim to rejuvenate the skin, often these products do not have enough active ingredients to be effective for most people. Instead of helping the skin at deeper levels (cellular renewal), many just coat (or cover up) the skin.
Low-active ingredient products may lead to some short-term improvement in the appearance or texture of the skin, however, they may offer NO long-term benefits to the skin.
Medical grade Cosmeceutical Skincare products, such as the DNA Renewal range, are different.
PCA Skin Care & Moisturising Range – Buy Online (Shop Now)
PCA SKIN offers smart skin solutions for your daily skin care routine.
- Acknowledged as the originator of advanced blended light to medium depth chemical peel formulations (PCA Skin Peel).
- PCA SKIN remains the trusted industry leader in the development of gentle, yet highly effective professional treatments and daily care products.
PCA Skin offers a range of clinically researched formulations to help reduce the appearance of surface lines and wrinkles, smooth rough skin texture, calm skin, improve uneven skin tone and assist in clearing complexions without the downtime often associated with traditional chemical peels.
At Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing, we offer many quality PCA Skin products in the range, including PCA Retinol Renewal Serum, PCA Hydrating Serum, PCA Collagen Hydrator, and PCA Restorative Eye Cream and many others.
Please send an Enquiry form for further information or to schedule a facial consult to learn more about PCA Skin Care products.