Skin Consultation and Assessment with a Dermal Clinician – What to expect at a Skin Consult
Start with a Dermal Consultation and Skin Assessment with a Dermal Clinician
A Dermal Clinician Skin Consultation and Skin Assessment helps you target FUTURE problems as well as current skin care concerns. Imagine a skin care professional who’s primary interest in life is to help YOU get better looking skin – which also gives you better looking selfies! That’s what you’ll get with a top Dermal Clinician here at Coco Ruby
What happens at a your Skin Consultation at Coco Ruby
How does a Dermal Clinician help with acne, ageing, pigmentation or other skin problems?
Treating a skin concern is a process, not a ‘one off’ event, but you can start off with a facial treatment or Healite II treatment to get to know our Team of Dermal Clinicians. You can even register to attend one of our FREE EVENTS. But if you have a specific skin concern, such as acne, Rosacea, freckles, pigmentation or Melasma, and you want to get started with a skilled Coco Ruby Dermal Clinician, here’s how it works.
Step 1: Book an Appointment by sending in an enquiry form (below this blog) or PHONING us on (03) 8849 1444.
Step 2: Attend a dermal consultation and skin assessment (30 minutes to 45 minutes). If you are wanting a treatment on the day of your skin assessment, be sure you let the Receptionist or Patient Liaison know you are wanting a dual session. That noted, some treatments need pre-treatment preparation – such as stopping certain products or avoiding sun exposure and allowing for some downtime – before you can proceed.
Step 3: Have your skin professionally assessed. During the skin assessment, a Dermal Clinician deeply considers the condition of your skin including how your lifestyle impacts your skin care regimes and skin health. They also use some nifty tools, including a Wood’s lamp or a skin imaging system such as Canfield’s REVEAL skin imaging system, as well as having a thorough discussion with you about how you have been treating – or mistreating – your skin.
Step 4: Review the Plan and Choose Your Treatment Options. You’ll be given a suggestion of a home care plan, treatment plan and/or a series of combination treatments that your Dermal Clinician believes will get you the results you are wanting. They can tailor the plan to suit a variety of budgets They even offer fantastic cosmeceutical products, and you’ll be amazed at how AFFORDABLE the skin care products are, especially the take home skin care packages.
Canfield Reveal Skin Imaging and Analysis
- The Reveal Skin imaging is a great tool to assess your face and skin
- Warning: Canfield REVEAL skin images can be confronting.You may not REALLY want to know what’s going on beneath the surface of your skin.
- But we think it’s better to find out what’s going on and use pigmentation prevention treatments and chronic sun exposure – rather than wait until you suddenly have BIGGER problems with your skin pigmentation, Melasma, wrinkles or lines from sun damage or from ageing.
That’s not all they do, of course. They offer a wide range of services and help Cosmetic Surgery patients prepare their skin for surgery and to minimise their scars after surgery. And with access to amazing equipment, including Vaginal Laser Treatments known as MonaLisa Touch, you’d be amazed at the conditions they can treat, from too many freckles to very old scars you’d like to minimise to Melasma and more!
How a Dermal Clinician can help you and your skin
When you have a skin concern, you may not know who to approach for help. Some skin problems are best treated by a Dermatologist or a Plastic Surgeon, but many skin concerns are better off being treated by a hands-on Dermal Clinician who has the education and expertise to make a difference in your skin by using a multi-faceted and comprehensive treatment approach. Also, skin treatments can sometimes take up to 3 to 12 months to see the full effects of the treatment, because many treatments work at the lower levels of the dermal tissues.
So a Dermal Clinician is able to work directly with you, over time, and watch how your skin is responding and adapt the treatment accordingly. This is a HUGE plus because looking after your skin is like going to the gym – once is not enough, it’s an ongoing process that requires some dedication and monitoring of progress.
For example, if you have dry skin or uneven pigmentation and want a smoother looking, moist and plumper skin appearance, a skilled Dermal Clinician can work out a program for you – and a pricing package – to remedy your skin concerns. The package might include a high-grade medical based home care system, several facials or laser treatments, low level light therapy and/or Collagen Induction Therapy.
Coco Ruby’s Dermal Clinicians have access to some of the world’s best skin treatment technologies and medical-grade skin care and scar treatment products including Lutronics Healite II low level light therapy machines in Hawthorn.
A Dermal Clinician takes your skin seriously. They know that how your skin looks is a COMBINATION of factors, and they will treat your skin holistically.
- Your Dermal Clinician will also help you form a home-care plan that is often economical, simple and effective to implement.
- Your Clinician will also be able to help you understand the underlying factors that lead to pigmentation problems and other skin concerns such as acne, and how to combat them to protect your skin from further problems.
Your Dermal Clinician will get to know your skin very well, and you’ll get to know your Dermal Clinician very well, as you work together to help your skin look it’s absolute best.
Find out more about your Skin – Read the Glossary
- Learn about the different terms and words used in skincare – read the Glossary
Reasons To See a Dermal Clinician – How they can help you
- Rosacea (Redness and easily flushed, super-sensitive skin) – A Dermal Clinician in a large clinic can offer you special products and gentle facial treatments that help reduce redness and hyper-reactivity in sensitive skin
- Sun Damage (Sun Spots or Keratosis) – pigmentation skin conditions leave people looking older than they actually are in terms of their biological ages. A great Dermal Clinician can investigate your future pigmentation problems using special lamps and/or facial imaging, such as Canfield’s REVEAL skin imaging system (example shown just below this list), then choose targeted treatment regimes to help you remedy the damage.
- Hyperpigmentation or Melasma can be treated effectively with the advice of an experienced Dermal Clinician
- Telangiectasia (visible capillaries) – those noticeable, pesky red spots and capillary lines that ruin an otherwise even complexion
- Wrinkles and lines (including Crow’s Feet) – and in Australia, we get more wrinkles and lines FASTER than most other countries because we live mostly on the coastal areas and we get a lot of direct SUNLIGHT
- Minor laxity of facial skin (early signs of ageing) – Our skin starts to sag, but a Dermal Clinician’s treatments can give it a boost in terms of collagen, skin texture, pore visibility and moisture – yes, there are treatments available to reverse or stall some aspects of skin ageing (temporarily, but many of these can be long-lasting if you maintain the treatments and follow the right home care regime including sun protection)
- Crepey-looking skin or a dull-looking complexion – the GLOW to your skin needs the light to reflect off of a moist, even looking surface – a Dermal Clinician knows JUST the right peels or light and laser treatments to get you your glow back!
- Surgical Scar Management after Cosmetic Plastic Surgery (Dermapen, Microneedling or Collagen Induction Therapy, or Fraxel treatments as well as Healite II Low Level Light Therapy).
- Acne or blackheads (congested skin) – a condition that impacts up to 80% of the population at some stage of their lives and which can strike at nearly any age
- Acne Scar Reduction after you’ve had several years of having acne or of picking at acne scabs
- Makeup (Camouflage Makeup including Lycogel, Mineral Makeup) – great for after a laser treatment, peel or cosmetic surgery procedure such as a Facelift or Neck lift
- Cosmeceutical (Medical-Grade) Skin Care Products including Sun Block and Serums (our product lines include a wide range of options, including Obagi, Medik8, PCA, DNA Renewal, Cosmedix and more).
Benefits of Seeing a Dermal Clinician at Coco Ruby for a Skin Consultation
Most people think that beauticians are the go-to option for facials or skin care, and they simply aren’t aware of the qualifications and training of a Dermal Clinician. But “in the know” individuals who want access to the BEST tools and techniques possible to keep their skin looking fantastic or to effectively treat a pesky skin concern, are SAVVY to the VALUE of the expert advice of a qualified Dermal Clinician. A great Dermal Clinician has years of top experience treating everything from acne to skin dryness to sun spots to sun damage to uneven pigmentation – even Melasma and surgery scars.
Our Dermal Clinicians at Coco Ruby Skin have decades of expertise at effectively treating a number of skin conditions for clients of all ages. A Dermal Clinician is someone who has made a formal study of skin health, skin care and skin treatments including laser facial treatments, scar management treatments, acne treatments, pre-surgery skin preparation for cosmetic procedures and post-surgery skin healing of the surgery incision lines. They are the GO TO person for most skin appearance concerns and can offer practical suggestions and advice to get your skin problems resolved as quickly as possible. Click here to find out more about about Dermal Clinicians.
You’ll get quality care and customised solutions – including packages and Monthly special offers – to keep YOUR skin looking it’s best. Read our Top 10 Beauty blogs or browse our skin treatment and facial treatment pages for more about beauty, makeup and cosmeceutical skin care as well as quality Dermal Filler Injections or Anti-Wrinkle Injectables as well as Coco Ruby’s Plastic Surgeons Top 10 ranked Cosmetic Surgery blogs.
We look forward to hearing from you and to helping you get YOUR skin looking it’s absolute best!
Why a Professional Skin Assessment is Important for Better Looking Facial Skin
The skin is what protects our internal systems from bacterial infections and other environmental harms including pollutants. The skin’s function is to protect other organs (internal organs) – Skin is the body’s number one BARRIER to prevent illnesses and disease The Skin is a key protector from the sun’s rays – yet it pays the price for being frequently exposed to the sun and other environmental factors including pollution, smoke and bacteria.
Store-bought products in general often don’t penetrate the skin; in other words, they don’t always fully absorb – because your skin doesn’t allow just anything to pass its protective barrier and the ingredients and molecule sizes of products may prevent absorption
In order to deliver essential vitamins and minerals into the skin – and penetrate through the barrier – you often need expert skincare advice on which particular medical-grade skincare products (and which particular active ingredients) will best suit your skin and help soothe any skin concerns.
Always Start with a Skin Care Consultation
Book your facial consultation with our qualified Dermal Skin Therapist today to find out more about our recommended treatments and products.
NEXT STEPS – When Can I see a Dermal Clinician at Coco Ruby Skin for a Skin Consultation?
Our Coco Ruby Skin team offers treatments at Hawthorn East in Melbourne. Hours are normally between 8:00 am until about 6:00 pm, but they also have some Thursday evening and Saturday morning appointments available – but these fill up fast, so call today to get started. Phone (03) 8849 1400 or send an email.