Medik8 Skin Care Products
The Medik8 skin care range: Cosmeceutical “Medical-grade” Skin Care
Your Dermal Clinician can help you choose from a wide range of skin care product options
Treating the skin effectively to resolve a skin concerns – such as ageing, redness or sun damage including hyper-pigmentation or melasma – requires extensive knowledge of anatomy & skin physiology. For best efficacy in relation to your skin problems, products and treatments require thorough knowledge of the interaction between the skin’s layers, topical ingredients and active preparations, and any more intensive treatments you might be wanting to try (such as CO2 Laser DOT Therapy or Laser Genesis to fight the signs of ageing).
Our Team can help you choose the RIGHT products – and cosmeceutical brand – for your skin.
Our Dermal Clinicians and Injecting Team are University-educated about anatomy, physiology and skin health. Our Clinicians also regularly attend intensive training programs to learn about the latest advances in active skin care products and how serums, cleansers and moisturisers interact with the skin.
They believe the right combination of chemical peels, enzyme peels, laser treatments, low-level-light-treatments (LLLT) and at-home skin care regimes can get clients the most noticeable skin care rejuvenation results.
When you schedule a skin care assessment, you’ll get a customised skin care plan to help YOU get your skin to look it’s best.Plus, you’ll be able to get special professional strength skin peels and other skin refining treatments that can help you get your skin looking its best.
The Medik8 Skin Care Line is available from the excellent team at Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing and Specialist Plastic Surgeons.
What’s important to know about cosmeceutical skin care or active skin care products:
- Store-bought, over-the-counter skin care products are designed for the mass market, meaning they have to be low-irritant/low active products to suit nearly any skin type.
- In other words, they won’t tend to help much but they won’t harm the skin either.
- Another reason store-bought products include less active ingredients is that they are offered at a lower price points than quality cosmeceutical products.
- Active products – such as available through the Medik8 skin care range – should be used ONLY with advice & usage instructions from a qualified skin care professional
Active ingredients that you want to look for in a good quality skin care product include:
- Anti oxidants – including vitamin C, help to mop up free radicals caused by environmental damage
- Growth factors – a relatively new addition, growth factors help to repair and regenerate skin
- AHA/BHA (alpha-hydroxy acids/beta hydroxy acids) – help to exfoliate and renew the skin
- Zinc/titanium (sunscreen)
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B) – helps to improve skin immunity and cell metabolism
A Professional Skin Assessment is Important for Better Looking Facial Skin
What is the Medik8 Product Line all about?
Medik8 is a high quality, very active product line suitable for the most sensitive skin without compromising efficacy.
It is a myth that a product designed for sensitive skin would be less efficacious just because it is not irritating. Medik8 advances in active selection, delivery systems and mild base formulation means you no longer need to compromise.
The challenge for Medik8 is to make effective ingredients less aggressive without reducing potency. This
is achieved by using:
- Chirally-correct actives
- Professional strength concentration
- Nanosome & liposome technologies (film encapsulation)
- Time release delivery system
- Enhanced penetration
- pH balanced formulae
- Enhanced stability
Medik8 ensures the “bio-availability” of their products, meaning their active ingredients reach the layer of the skin where they are meant to act.
The Medik8 Skin Care Range can help you address common skin concerns
The Medik8 skin care range covers most common skin complaints including:
- wrinkles and lines
- skin texture inconsistencies
- acne and oily skin
- dry skin
- dull looking skin
- frequent skin redness
For a list of available products (shown above), send an enquiry form or phone Tara on (03) 8849 1400.
Contact us to see which of the Medik8 skin care products will help your skin to look its best.
Please send an Enquiry form for further information or to schedule a facial consult to learn more about Medik8 Skin Care products or any of our other top professional ranges.
We also offer high-tech non-surgical rejuvenation treatments as well as cosmetic injectables.
Phone a Dermal Clinician or Cosmetic Injector during Clinic Hours on (03) 8849 1400.