The Beauty of Lip Filler Injections.
Everyone wants TIPS for looking their best without resorting to Plastic Surgery. One way to improve your facial balance and correct for lip asymmetry, thin lips or above lip lines, is through lip filler injections.
- Lip injections create volume in the lips, known officially as lip augmentation, without surgery.
- This can sometimes greatly enhance a face that needs a boost in terms of lip shape, lip balance or slightly reducing the vertical lines above the lips (known as smoker’s lines).
- Lift Lip Surgery (the Bullhorn Lip Lift) can also have some benefit for clients whose upper teeth are hidden by an elongated philtrum, or who want to enhance their smile; but that procedure requires plastic surgery with a bit more down time than cosmetic injections on their own.
Lip Augmentation using Lip Fillers
Melbourne Clients are Finding a New Balance in Lip Proportions and Avoiding the Overfilled Lip Syndrome
Certainly cosmetic injections are growing rapidly in popularity, especially lip augmentation, because they can enhance not just the lips, but the appearance of the entire face. They do this by gently bringing a visual focus onto the lips, reducing fine lines above the lips (selected clients), and giving a more volumised appearance to the smile (known as luscious looking lips). And statistically, it seems that luscious, fuller lips are the proportions that people find most attractive in both women and men.
Lip Balance and Reducing Thin Lips with Lip Filler
While cosmetic surgery, such as lip lift surgery or chin augmentation using implants can be a good solution for individuals who have an out of balance facial feature or lower face concern, cosmetic injections and lip filler can also do a lot.
- Before we go into the non-surgical options for facial enhancement, it is true that for some facial appearance concerns, plastic surgery may be the best option for longer-lasting results for some patients.
- But having surgery means you’ve got to be willing to undergo the preparation and down time required to have a procedure, and understand and accept the risks – including the variability of results between patients and the fact that you’ll need a bit of down time.
- Plus, healing from surgery can be emotional.
That noted, if you want your face to look its best by having slightly fuller lips – and to cull a few years off of your appearance or enhance a feature to arrange more aesthetically balanced facial contours – without resorting to a jawline procedure, facelift, eyelid reduction or brow lift – you can’t go past the possibility of cosmetic injections such as wrinkle relaxers or dermal fillers.
Lip Fillers are one of the most frequently requested dermal filler injection procedures.
It is also popular to ease or soften the visibility of above-lip lines and mouth area wrinkles (the so-called smokers lines above the lips).
In this blog, we discuss HOW and WHY lip fillers can be effective for rejuvenating the look of the face – and the value of subtle lip changes versus going overboard with lip filler. First published 31 Jan 2017; updated 1 July 2018.
Our gentle Cosmetic Injectors, Sandra Wallace and Tina Purdon, can help you get YOUR lips looking luscious and voluptuous – yet still natural. We have a variety of top-quality filler solutions that you’ll love the look and feel of – so find out if injections are right for YOUR cosmetic concerns by booking a no-obligation injecting assessment consultation.
Our Melbourne Cosmetic Injections team uses long-lasting, natural-feeling lip filler solutions – and precision strategies – to get you the perfect looking pout for YOUR facial appearance concerns.
What reasons do women choose to invest in Lip Filler Injections as a facial enhancement procedure of the non-surgical variety?
Lips are a powerful part of our face.
- Next to the eyes, they are often the centre of a person’s attention when we’re speaking.
- Thin lips versus luscious lips can also give others an indication of our personality (wrong as it might be). As they say, first impressions count.
- Subconsciously, rightly or wrongly, we tend to judge others based on subtle facial differences and overall appearances. Expressions count a lot, as well!
Wrinkles between our brows can make us appear stern, serious or angry, even when we’re not. Crow’s feet or puffy eyelids can make us look tired and aged, even when we’re not!
What your lip size or shape indicates about your personality – like it or not?!
Thin lips may also subconsciously be associated with:
- lack of generosity (read the Cosmopolitan magazine article on What Lip Shapes Say About You)
But there’s another reason that people like more voluptuous lip profiles.
Full, luscious lips are not only associated with youth, vitality and generosity, they can reduce the appearance of your facial age (depending on your other features and your skin condition).
So find out more about why this non-surgical treatment is so popular at our Melbourne Skin & Anti-Ageing Clinic.
Why are lip filler injections good for enlarging or enhancing your lips?
What you must know about Lip Augmentation with Lip Filler Injections.
From temporary dermal fillers (based on substances that are naturally found in your cells), to anti-wrinkle injections that use muscle-relaxing medicines, you can help nature along these days – a LOT more than you ever could before.
In the non-surgical realm of facial rejuvenation, lip fillers and other dermal filler injections involve relatively little cost and minimal, if any, downtime.
And that’s exactly what makes lip filler injections and other facial augmentation injections – such as cheek augmentation injections – so popular for people across a wide range of ages.
With top-quality dermal filler injections including lip fillers, a talented cosmetic injector can:
- enhance your chin to reduce a receding chin appearance
- augment or enlarge your cheek volume or temples
- enlarge and plump up thin lips
- better define the lip edges or cupid’s bow
- even out a lopsided smile or a very unbalanced lower and upper lip
- reduce a smile that shows ‘too much gum’
- reduce frown lines around your forehead, eye areas and mouth
A skilled cosmetic injector can devise an affordable injection strategy that helps YOU look your best – without facial surgery. And one of the best places to start with injections is your LIPS.
That noted, despite what injections can accomplish when administered carefully and strategically, sometimes the greatest overall improvements to your facial appearance will involve a combination of surgery and non-surgical treatments, such as lip augmentation or cheek augmentation.
Don’t get fillers just before a big event – make sure you leave at least 2 weeks, yet ideally 3 weeks or longer, especially if you’re the bride or featured speaker.
But if you’re planning a big event, such as a wedding, graduation or public speaking engagement, be sure you get your injections strategy as far in advance as feasible to have a good result. Typically you’ll want to have at least 2 injecting sessions before a big event, with enough time between the treatment and the big event for the dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections to have their full effects.
From reducing forehead wrinkles to bringing your cheekbones a prominence they never had, modern cosmetic injecting treatments have come a long way over recent years.
Lip Filler Injection Results (Lip Augmentation)
What is a reasonable cosmetic injecting treatment result to expect when you get lip filler or other injections?
- It really depends on what you’re starting with, what you’re wanting, what products are used, and the skills of your Injector.
- There are many lip filling techniques that your injector can use, from emphasising the cupid’s bow or ‘flipping the lip’ to improving the lip symmetry or projection volume.
- What happens to your lips can impact the appearance of the areas around your mouth and can have an impact on the entire face in terms of balance or feature harmonisation (good or bad).
What makes for a good cosmetic injecting treatment result, is when the cosmetic injecting results are natural looking, long lasting and – in generally – symmetrical.
- In fact, it’s the ability of using dermal fillers to reduce noticeable facial asymmetry (lips, a gummy smile, uneven cheeks or brows, lopsided smiles, indented temples) that is one of it’s greatest benefits.
- But these types of results require an artistic injecting clinician who knows facial anatomy very thoroughly, and has a good eye for balance.
- The experience of your cosmetic injector is crucial to get a pleasing result.
- Click here to read about some of the Lip Filler Techniques used by talented Cosmetic Injectors.
- Know that in 2018, lip filler trends are for more moderate enhancements NOT THE “TROUT MOUTH” over-volumised look.
Be sure you choose only TEMPORARY filler solutions, never permanent, and that your Clinician uses only reputable brand names – or you might end up sorry.
Lip filler injections can also be combined with other facial enhancements such as forehead wrinkle relaxers or brow and temple area re-volumisation after facial bone atrophy.
Asymmetry is a natural part of facial anatomy – but the greater the symmetry, the more appealing the appearance according to studies of attractiveness.
It’s important to recognise that the sides of everyone’s faces are never perfectly symmetrical. This includes that most people have uneven lips (right to left). Plus, naturally, your upper lift is usually somewhat smaller than your lower lip.
(It’s also usually best to keep this upper/lower lip balance even if you augment your lips).
But some people have very thin lips and they simply look better when they have a bit more volume or shape.
Lip fillers can help shape and augment your lips, making them plumper or fuller and more shapely.
- And some lip or facial asymmetry can be remedied temporarily with dermal fillers or muscle relaxing injections.
- But the face, and body, are never perfectly symmetrical even after cosmetic procedures.
- It’s just impossible to achieve perfect symmetry, naturally or not (although celebrities like Angelina Jolie and others come close, even they are not as symmetrical as you might presume).
Remember: Faces and bodies never will be perfectly symmetrical or even in shape or size, even after getting cosmetic injections or dermal fillers. But they can be made LESS uneven with the right injecting strategies, including uneven lips.
A top Cosmetic injector can do a LOT to balance out a lopsided smile, for example, or even out other noticeable asymmetry in the face, nose, lip or cheek area using dermal filler injections or fillers combined with anti-wrinkle injections.
Choose your Injectors and Clinics carefully – beware the use of cheap, counterfeit injecting solutions in Australia.
Not all injecting clinics USE the quality products we insist on having available for our clients at Coco Ruby in Melbourne.
We are dedicated to quality solutions, and a wide range, so that we can help you enhance your face and reduce ageing with long-lasting, natural looking and fully approved injection solutions.
The new dermal filler products on the market mean that NOT all dermal filler injections are alike, and a skilled injector can pick and choose from various consistencies and filler properties.
- Some dermal fillers are best used for different parts of the face.
- Different products injected into the lips for cosmetic lip plumping treatments will give a more natural feeling, natural looking lip augmentation than other products.
- Your Clinician should have an ‘artistic arsenal’ of dermal fillers to sculpt the features with, subtly, in a way that enhances but isn’t over-filled.
A skilled injector will know what top product brands, and what product types within that quality injectables brand, are going to help you attain the best result for a particular facial area or facial feature enhancement, including lip injections.
Lip Augmentation Injections using Lip Filler/Dermal Fillers can help to:
- balance out your lips
- even out a lopsided smile
- reduce an overly “gummy” smile
- add volume to lips that are thin or ageing (reduces wrinkles above the lips)
- bring your face into balance
- restore a more youthful appearance
- give you a more luxurious or sensual looking pout
But beware going overboard with lip injections!
Read our blog on AVOIDING LIP FILLER DISASTERS.
Can injections or a liquid facelift replace a surgical facelift or facial plastic surgery?
- Sometimes, yes.
- But it always depends on the individual including their facial rejuvenation goals and skin health, as well as the injecting strategy and Cosmetic Injecting Clinician’s skill levels.
A good dermal filler injection strategy, along with the right amounts of anti-wrinkle injections in the right places, can sometimes postpone rejuvenating Plastic Surgery of the face.
It’s not as long lasting, perhaps, but this may mean:
- a liquid rhinoplasty option to temporarily augment a nasal bridge to improve the nose profile – without nose surgery
- plumping up thinning lips to reduce vertical lip lines (‘feathering lines’ above the lip area)
- slightly increasing the chin dimensions or the jawline contours to help balance out a recessed chin and weak looking jawline
- restoring lost facial volume around the cheek area, temples or eyes to restore (or enhance) the skeletal shape
ALL with minimal, if any, downtime or discomfort.
I heard lip injections hurt. Is getting lip filler painful?
Yes, injections can hurt a little. But with strong numbing cream, ice packs, or various anaesthetics, it can often be reduced.
The good news is that only micro-fine needles and micro-tipped cannulas are used.
Plus, it’s transient discomfort, meaning you might feel a bit tender in the lips for a few days, but any discomfort of having the injections passes very quickly.
The good news about any pain or discomfort involved in lip augmentation/lip filler injections, is that MOST cosmetic injecting procedures taking mere minutes – rather than hours.
So you can be in and out of your Injector’s chair in under 30 minutes to 60 minutes with most LIQUID FACE LIFT and LIP PLUMPING injection sessions. Then you’re often ready to face the rest of the day, with soreness that typically lasts less than a few days. (Some patients CAN bruise, however, so ask your Injecting Clinician what to expect).
But will you need any downtime after getting cosmetic injections or lip fillers?
“The key thing you need to do after injections is to stay hydrated by drinking water, and looking after your skin as you normally do, using quality sunscreen brands. It’s typically best NOT to try a new product just after you get injections,” notes our Cosmetic Injecting Team in Hawthorn East.
“There are different instructions for post-injecting care for the anti-wrinkle injections and dermal fillers, with flying NOT recommended for several weeks after dermal fillers. You want to typically massage the lips or where you’ve had filler, but your Clinician will guide you as to what’s appropriate.
“But DON’T massage near the areas where you’ve had the anti-wrinkle injections.
“Also, exercise right after injections is a NO NO. If you can avoid strenuous exercising that might dehydrate you, over a few days, it’s usually best to do so. Ask us if you’re not sure,” suggest our Coco Ruby Cosmetic Injecting Clinicians in Melbourne.
They also indicate you need to avoid heat AND sun exposure.
For more information, read our other blogs about “The Dangers of Flying After Facial Fillers” and “How to Get the Most Out of Your Dermal Fillers or Anti-Wrinkle Injections.” And send an enquiry today to hear more via our newsletters or monthly FREE events at our Hawthorn East location.
Or schedule an injecting assessment with one of our Senior Injecting Clinicians to find out what injections can do for YOUR face, lips, temples, cheeks, forehead or skin smoothness appearance.
Surgery to reshape or rejuvenate your face might costs tens of thousands of dollars. But good plastic surgery isn’t something you’ll want to do on the cheaper side of things, mostly because you’ll be living with your face surgery results every day, and because some things are simply worth doing properly or not at all.
The same can be said of dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections. Quality facial injections and cosmetic skin care is worth the investment, for multiple reasons which may include:
- Patient-safety considerations: these products are generally well-tolerated but they DO carry risks. Be sure you understand risks of dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections before consenting. Patient well-being when using dermal fillers or anti-wrinkle injections is often linked with the type of facility the procedures are being offered in, the products used, and the knowledge and skill of the Cosmetic Doctor or Cosmetic Injector. Medical clinics with dedicated doctors may be managed to a higher standard in terms of sterility protocols than so called ‘back room beauty rooms’ or ‘back of house’ clinics in Australia.
- Quality brand ingredients: when you think of what’s being injected into your face, wouldn’t you rather trust a brand name product – one you recognise as a household name – than something you’re not exactly certain who manufactured it, who vetted it and where it came from? Don’t be fooled – fake cosmetic injections are a real concern across Australia; and permanent injections with unknown substances have resulted in many a disaster. Choose a Clinic you can trust, that’s been in business for a long time, is in your home city or home state and is managed by Medical Professionals who are qualified according to Australian Medical Board Standards.
- Strategic injecting for an artistic enhancement of your best features and reduction of asymmetry or facial abnormalities including facial scars or acne scars
To find out more, schedule a no-obligation cosmetic injecting assessment with our Cosmetic Doctor in Hawthorn.
Our Hawthorn East location is even open on Saturday for Facial treatments such as skin peels, Healite II facials and more.
Phone (03) 8849 1444.