Vaginal Tightening – MonaLisa Touch Laser
Vaginal Tightening Therapy using the Mona Lisa Touch Laser technology is an increasingly popular alternative to Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT creams) and/or Vaginal Surgery to correct for skin laxity (loose skin), vaginal atrophy (skin thinning as we age) and vaginal canal dryness after pregnancy, illness treatments or menopause.
- Vaginal lasers can even help prevent problems associated with painful sex by reducing discomfort during intercourse.
- It’s also a potentially good option for reducing mild urinary incontinence or stress-related bladder leakage
- Some women also find it a great solution for labia tightening or vaginal skin tightening due to rejuvenation of skin functions and skin thickness/collagen levels
Vaginal Dryness and Laser Therapies: Do vaginal lasers work?
Up to a third of all Melbourne, women have likely heard about vaginal rejuvenation treatments, known as vaginal laser tightening or vaginal laser rejuvenation.
- This treatment works by using quality CO2 laser equipment, which improves the health of tissue in and around the vaginal canal and/or labia
- It can help tighten skin, re-stimulate cellular turnover and improve natural moisture levels as well as increase vaginal tissue thickness
- All of these changes can help to reduce discomfort during intercourse (painful sex)
Vaginal Laser Treatments work to improve some of the distressing symptoms that frequently occur after giving birth or passing through menopause.
- Be sure to click here to open our companion blog, 7 Way Vaginal Lasers MIGHT help Improve your Sex life
- In short, it will provide more information on how vaginal laser treatments specifically improve COMFORT during sexual intimacy, which can help make sex less uncomfortable and/or more pleasurable.
Has having babies – or going through Menopause – ruined your continence confidence?
- The MonaLisa Touch Vaginal Laser treatment option is a treatment well worth exploring.It’s especially helpful for women who’s sex life has been impacted by vaginal concerns or mild incontinence. Whether it’s after having babies OR alternatively by vaginal dryness caused by menopause or cancer treatment side effects.
- The most popular treatments today for vaginal laxity, vaginal atrophy and lubrication losses use advanced vaginal laser technology.
- These vaginal rejuvenation treatments use high-end lasers (which rely on highly-focused light beams) to help rejuvenate and stimulate cellular turnover and collagen production in the treated skin
- Be sure you ask about the treatment details and assess if this is right for you. It could be worth a try if you suffer from uncomfortable vaginal concerns or vaginal area symptoms stemming from pregnancy or menopause.
CO2 Lasers such as MonaLisa Touch can help revitalise and rejuvenate the skin and tissues in, and around, the vaginal canal.
For suitable candidates, it often helps:
- Improves vaginal lubrication (vaginal dryness is a common complaint after menopause or radiation treatments, but MonaLisa Touch can help)
- It also improves vaginal skin collagen and skin resiliency or elasticity. (skin revitalisation and vaginal rejuvenation that improves skin texture)
- Also, it reduces vaginal skin laxity,
- whilst tightening and revitalise skin in the vaginal canal and firming and tightening the labial skin
- equally important is the reduction in urinary stress incontinence (*mild incontinence only; may not suit all patients suffering incontinence)
- in addition, it also reduces incidences of painful intercourse, improves sexual relationships and potentially sexual pleasure as well (some women note improved orgasms as well as feeling their vaginal and labial skin have improved with laser treatments)
- it is also an effective way to treat and reduce dyspareunia
What’s the big mystery about the MonaLisa smile?
BENEFITS of Vaginal Laser Treatments
MonaLisa Touch Laser treatments for vaginal tightening or dermal tissue rejuvenation
Da Vinci’s famous Mona Lisa painting is world-renowned. Sometimes she looks as if she’s smiling and sometimes she looks as if she’s not. Debates continue to what her expression means – mysterious, secretive or secretly elated.
Researchers have been said to have cracked the code on the Mona Lisa smile of Da Vinci’s painting. It appears that your perception of her smile depends on your position when you’re viewing the painting.
You can look at the painting facing the artwork straight on, or you can look at the painting at a 40-degree angle (to the left or the right). You can also view the painting from up close or farther away. Each position gives you a different view of the smile, showing Leonardo da Vinci’s mastery of the artistic technique that keeps you guessing.
But there’s another Mona Lisa secret you should know about….and that’s the laser treatment revolutionising vaginal treatments for some forms of mild urinary incontinence, vaginal laxity (loose skin), dryness and/or painful intercourse.
It’s called the Mona Lisa Touch treatment. A relatively new light-based, high-tech laser treatment called the Mona Lisa Touch Vaginal Tightening procedure.
Is Your MonaLisa Smile Sad or Happy?
Dyspareunia: Vaginal laser treatments CAN be effective for treating painful sex by reducing dryness and improving skin quality and lubrication in that region.
Effective Treatment for Dyspareunia: MonaLisa Touch Vaginal Lasers can reduce painful intercourse and improve natural lubrication
MonaLisa Touch Vaginal Laser Treatments: Perhaps this increasingly popular option for treating vaginal laxity, stress incontinence or painful intercourse was named after Mona Lisa’s smile because you may feel like a Mona Lisa about your vaginal area once you’ve had it done.
**Vaginal lasers can help reduce painful sex. Which could be a good solution for some patients. See Dr Tina Purdon for assessment of this treatment option and more information on vaginal laser treatments with the top vaginal laser, MonaLisa Touch, by phoning 0388491444 and asking for Dr Purdon.
Vaginal Lasers: How Treatments Work (Procedure Details)
- You’ll need a series of at least 3 to get the best results, along with occasional maintenance sessions on approximately a yearly basis.
- The treatment itself takes about 15 to 25 minutes or less.
- It involves a tubular laser handset. Then it is inserted into the vaginal canal, and short ‘bursts’ of light energy – in the form of laser – creating small channels in the vaginal canal tissues.
- It usually doesn’t hurt most patients BUT the area needs to be thoroughly dry during treatment; that bit can be uncomfortable.
- Sometimes if the labia skin is treated as well as the canal, that may feel a bit painful for a very brief second while the laser works.
- The area MAY be sensitive for a few days but most patients report it’s not overly uncomfortable.
- You’ll need to avoid exercise and certain activities for a few days after each treatment.
How long does it take to see good results from a Vaginal Laser Treatment?
- One treatment is NOT enough.
- You need ideally at least 3 treatments – about a month apart- and sometimes a few more treatments – before seeing noticeable results.
- That’s because the tissues need time to respond (rejuvenate) to the laser channels created by the laser head.
How does a vaginal laser rejuvenate the vaginal skin or re-lubricate and thicken or tighten the canal?
- The healing response stimulates more collagen and essentially ‘re-inspired’ the skin to become stronger and/or thicker and more lubricated again.
- Allow 3 months, to 4-6 months for some patients, for best results from the vaginal laser including:
- potentially TIGHTENING the vaginal area skin that became lax after pregnancy/vaginal delivery AND/OR
- rejuvenating the vaginal area moisture levels that became excessively dry after experiencing menopause or other hormonal changes AND/OR
- reducing mild urinary incontinence related to laxness in the skin or surrounding areas
How can I expect?
Patients have been so thrilled with the results that they’ve stopped keeping the treatments a secret and began sharing the details with their friends. Other patients were distressed before their procedure, primarily due to a constant need to use hormonal creams. Or, because they experienced painful sex (dyspareunia). Monalisa treatment helps alleviate these concerns.
What are the RISKS of vaginal laser treatments?
- Laser treatments for vaginal skin are powerful and there are risks.
- Your consultation will cover any potential risks.
- It needs to be noted that your risks may be different from other patient’s.
- Vaginal lasers and labia skin tightening using laser technology should only be performed by a trained Doctor. Such as Dr Tina Purdon, a women’s health GP.
- Beauty clinician and less trained staff should not perform this procedure.
- While some other laser technology – including cheaper versions of these types of vaginal lasers – have NOT been shown to be effective, MonaLisa Touch is one of the most reputable and proven laser technology systems available today.
- Although some RISKS are involved in any procedure that uses a laser, find out the BALANCE of RISKS versus BENEFITS of vaginal laser treatments by having an assessment for suitability of the procedure and understanding what the laser vaginal treatments MAY be able to accomplish for YOU.
Studies about the RISK of vaginal laser continue.
Most professionals and medical boards stress the importance of informed choices. It is vital patients understand the real potential benefits of proven laser equipment (for vaginal rejuvenation) compared to less proven equipment and cheaper models. This is an important step for patients exploring their options and resources for vaginal skin improvements.
Discussions at home
You may be discussing the matter with your spouse or partner, who tells you he or she loves you for who you are and has never noticed the difference.
But if you’re wanting to find a solution for vaginal dryness, lack of vaginal tone (vaginal laxity such as is common after giving birth), and bladder control issues that result from ageing, you want to consider MonaLisa Touch treatments.
If your sex life or vaginal comfort is coming between you and your partner, you might want to try the MonaLisa Touch vaginal laser solution for common vaginal concerns including;
- laxity (skin texture or looseness including labia skin)
- mild incontinence
- painful sex (Dyspareunia).
Do vaginal laser treatments hurt? Pain or discomfort is typically minimal and the treatment is fast.
- Typically the treatment with MonaLisa Touch laser technology is relatively comfortable versus painful because much of the vaginal canal skin doesn’t contain nerve endings.
- If your Doctor is treating labia skin for mild tightening or textural rejuvenation, this area may sting for a very short time during or just after the laser treatment.
- You’ll be impressed and surprised by how well tolerated and generally free from discomfort or pain – most vagina laser treatments in our Clinic are to have.
- Plus, HOW QUICKLY the treatment is over.
How do you care for the vaginal area or labia after having laser treatment(s)?
- You’ll want to ‘gently pat’ dry the area for a few days
- Do NOT use harsh soaps or other products or scented products or rough clothing in the area; use clean, soft undergarments made of natural fabrics.
- Avoid strenuous exercise or very tight undergarments
- Follow your Doctor’s instructions.
Results of Vaginal Tightening Laser Treatments using MonaLisa Touch
Some results of vaginal laser rejuvenation or vaginal tightening may even be noticed within just a few days.
Typically, however, to experience the full effects of the vaginal laser treatments, you’ll need to wait about 3 months of your treatment series. series. A series, usually a minimum of 3 treatments, are scheduled, about one month apart.
What to know about non-surgical vaginal treatments
Every woman is different and your response to treatment may not be identical to other women. However, our case studies and the research behind MonaLisa Touch’s vaginal laser system show this is an effective and worthwhile treatment for many women.
Need to know
- by obtaining a 5 minute to 10-minute treatment session on a monthly to 6-week basis.
- With at least three sessions over three to four months
- With annual laser “maintenance sessions” required for sustaining rejuvenation results over time.
- In as little as three months, you’ll start seeing results.
- Some patients even notice results right after the first or second treatment.
Vaginal Tightening with the MonaLisa Touch Treatment
Mona Lisa Touch Vaginal Tightening is an option to help change the dynamics of your MonaLisa smile to more frequently happy or content about your vaginal skin and/or your sex life.
This procedure uses a laser specifically designed for use on vaginal tissues. It uses similar technology to that of facial rejuvenation, only its specifically altered to treat the vaginal area.
Just as laser treatment can effectively rejuvenate the skin on your face, the MonaLisa Touch Vaginal Tightening procedure can rejuvenate and tighten your vaginal tissues as well as the skin (labia) around your vaginal area.
However, with a facial skin laser such as Fraxel or DOT Therapy, you’ll likely have to suffer downtime, peeling and a bit of redness.
NOT SO with vaginal laser treatments.
The downtime doesn’t happen with the Mona Lisa technique. In fact, you won’t even need a numbing agent. There is minimal if any pain in the vaginal area during treatment. Although the labia – when treated – may be more sensitive. Of course, numbing cream can be used for the outer area for some patients to relieve any minor discomfort.
The only uncomfortable part of the MonaLisa Touch vaginal laser treatment is that the vaginal area needs to be ‘swabbed’ to create a dry skin surface inside the vagina for the actual laser treatment. The treatment itself is not uncomfortable and once you have gone through your assessment and medical history taken ( which takes about 30 to 5 minutes plus paperwork) actual treatment only takes about 5 minutes. It’s important to be aware that the treatment may not be suitable for all women and you’ll want to ask about potential contraindications.
VAGINAL TIGHTENING LASER TREATMENTS – METHODS and Technology
How MonaLisa Touch Vaginal Lasers work for vaginal tightening and skin rejuvenation
- Firstly, the laser is attached via a six-inch probe, which is inserted into the vagina. (The vagina is long and cylindrical and the laser focuses on only vaginal tissue.)
- After which it is withdrawn slowly, and turned. This targets all the sides of the vagina on the way out.
- Despite this, the procedure is quite painless.
- However, if you want your labia treated as well as the canal, it may be a bit sensitive.
- You also might want to ‘pat dry’ the area for a few days and avoid strenuous exercise or tight undergarments.
- Ask our female health GP for best post-treatment protocols.
The laser creates fractional CO2 ‘dots’ that hit the vagina in a 360-degree arc. Each ‘dot’ is perceived by the body as a skin wake-up call. Activating Dormant fibrocytes and changing them into fibroblasts.
Collagen molecules and an approved temporary-filler-solution, as well as proteoglycan molecules, are synthesized in the area and ‘beef’ it up.
The proteoglycans hold water in the tissue, as does an approved temporary-filler-solution. New blood vessels and nerves form and then the tissue becomes rejuvenated or revitalised again. Essentially creating a firm structured again. Not only internally but also at most dermal levels, which results in a tightening of the tissue or skin.
Your mucosal cells often regenerate, too.
What Type of Results are Seen in the Vaginal Laser / Vaginal Rejuvenation Studies?
For vaginal atrophy, there’s an improvement in three sessions, scheduled about a month apart. Patients will see an improvement in the following:
- 48% improvement in vaginal dryness after Session 1 and 76% after Session 3
- 52% improvement in pain with intercourse after Session 1 and 72% after Session 3
- 40% improvement in vaginal laxity after Session 1 and 90% improvement after Session 3
- 55% improvement in burning sensations after Session 1 and 84% by Session 3
- Furthermore, a whopping 60% improvement in itching sensations after Session 1 and 85% resolution after Session 3
Furthermore, there is a 69% improvement in dysuria and urinary urgency. Patients will also see a 56% improvement in urge incontinence. Stress urinary incontinence is also improved by 58%.
You might have been thinking there is nothing that can be done for vaginal laxity or urinary symptoms, that is the result of a hysterectomy or ageing. But with the MonaLisa Touch Vaginal Tightening procedure, you don’t have to take hormone replacement for these types of changes in your body – and risk developing cancer later.
Let the vaginal tightening or vaginal or labia skin regeneration begin… and change your Mona Lisa smile from worried or sad to happy and content – and perhaps less incontinent!
(Note that MonaLisa laser treatments may not work for all women, but most report high satisfaction rates with the treatment, especially for laxity, mild urinary incontinence and dryness. Many women also note their sex lives improve after a treatment series. You may also be required to have annual maintenance sessions.
VIDEO on Vaginal Laser Treatment methods and technology
How to find the best Vaginal Tightening Laser Doctors who use best-practice laser treatment protocols
- There are many vaginal lasers on the market. Many of which have questionable effectiveness.
- Also, not all doctors focus on using best-practice methods and high-quality equipment for vaginal laser treatments or vaginal and labia skin tightening.
At Coco Ruby, your safety and comfort is our number one priority for vaginal laser treatments at our Melbourne Australia clinic location.
If you would like MORE INFORMATION about this treatment by our Coco Ruby team, then call our office today. Alternatively, you can send an Enquiry form, below and schedule an appointment/consultation with our Female Health GP Dr Tina Purdon.
Dr Purdon is a highly respected, caring and easy to talk with Women’s Health GP in Melbourne and Banyule.
Phone 0388491444 and ask to see our Women’s Health GP and Cosmetic Physician, Dr Tina Purdon.
Disclaimer and Patient Selection Information
- Patient selection needs to be carefully considered. Patients also need to understand that:
- Of course, noticing results take time, so be patient
- you will also need several treatments, about a month apart.
- In addition, you will need an annual “laser effect maintenance” treatments. These are to help keep skin rejuvenated.
- However, ageing will have an impact on results.
- Other health conditions can also impact results.
- Individual results may vary.
- And, not all patients are good candidates
- It is also unlikely that severe or moderate incontinence will be helped with laser treatments.
- However, it may improve mild urinary stress incontinence.
NOT ALL vaginal lasers have the same levels of research or testing. It’s important to be aware that;
- Some unscrupulous companies market certain technologies that MAY not be effective. Therefore, doing research is key.
- It is recommended that laser treatments, especially those for vaginal areas need to have more controlled, randomized trials.
- But, at Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing Clinic, we have treated over 100 patients and done our own case-study investigations on the effectiveness of using the very reputable C02 laser technology. Also known as The MonaLisa Touch Vaginal Laser System. Which is a popular choice among evidence-based Australian GPs and Gynaecologists.
- Even though this laser is, more expensive to purchase, use and OFFER to patients than cheaper lasers employed by smaller clinics or single doctors we are very comfortable with our choice of the MonaLisa Touch laser.
- Our patients provide high satisfaction reports on improving vaginal area concerns.
In order to find out more, contacts us today for a personal assessment of YOUR suitability as a good candidate AND to assess what it can do for you. Phone 0388491444.