Cutera Laser Genesis Treatments in Melbourne
Laser Genesis is a collagen stimulating and anti-ageing laser treatment with very little downtime.
One of our most popular skin treatments at Coco Ruby, the Laser Genesis treatment series is IDEAL for many different skin types. Unlike most laser treatments, laser genesis skin treatments typically have a low-downtime. Truly a genuine lunchtime facial rejuvenation treatment, it’s also NOT uncomfortable (some lasers sting, but laser genesis feels very gentle). It can even be used on the decolletage and other areas, although sometimes a different laser procedure may suit your skin condition better. Ask a Dermal Clinician for a custom treatment plan and home care solution by booking an assessment on (03) 8849 1400 today.
Laser Genesis skin therapy is an innovative, technologically advanced way to promote vibrant and healthy looking skin in men and women.
- Laser Genesis is a very popular treatment that gets excellent rejuvenation and skin smoothing results. Some skin appearance improvements may be noticeable after just one treatment.
- But the real benefits of Laser Genesis treatments occur for your face or neck or decolletage AFTER you have had a series of approximately 4 to 6 treatments.
- This permits the skin to have undergone it’s renewal process (usually visible after 8 to 12 weeks post-treatment).
Now you can have a more youthful or refreshed looking appearance by treating skin conditions associated with premature ageing and sun damage.
- Substantial scientific research has shown the Laser Genesis to produce new collagen and help improve the tone, texture and appearance of the treated skin.
- This includes reducing excessive redness, large pores, uneven skin texture and fine lines or wrinkles.
What can Laser Genesis do for your skin?
Laser Genesis can help you achieve a youthful appearance by treating:
- premature signs of ageing
- sun damage
- excessive redness
- large-looking pores
- uneven skin texture or tone
- fine lines and wrinkles
How does Laser Genesis work?
- By gently heating up the upper dermis well below your skin’s surface, Laser Genesis improves the appearance of wrinkles through collagen stimulation.
- Additional heat is generated in dilated capillaries to reduce redness.
This treatment may have other benefits as well. So if you’re keen to explore what it can do for your skin, call us and schedule your facial assessment and potential treatment today on (03) 8849 1400.
What areas can be treated?
- Laser Genesis patients report excellent results over their faces and necks – even the decolletage area can be treated effectively by this modality.
- Just let your Dermal Clinician know what areas of your skin you are concerned about and want treated.
- If Laser Genesis is not the best treatment for your particular skin condition, your Dermal Clinician will let you know which treatment will be best for you.
Additionally, practitioners may suggest this therapy to help diminish recent scars or pigmentation issues on other parts of the body.
What is diffuse redness and can Laser Genesis help?
Diffuse redness is a general appearance of facial redness, such as rosy cheeks. This condition is often caused by dilated capillaries, which results in an appearance of general redness, without well-defined vessels or with capillaries that look ‘spidery’ on the skin.
- The most commonly affected areas for facial redness are the nose, forehead and cheeks.
- Diffuse redness is often associated with a condition called Rosacea, which can be hereditary.
Laser Genesis will help your appearance by gently treating and reducing this condition and reducing redness. There are good home systems we can recommend as well to reduce redness. Just phone us on (03) 8849 1400 and request a skin assessment or skin assessment with facial treatment (fees apply).
Laser Genesis for sun damage
Best when performed as a series, the anti-ageing skin rejuvenation results from Laser Genesis treatments are most noticeable:
(a) after several treatments and
(b) after the skin rejuvenation has occurred.
- It can be helpful to reduce uneven skin tones or pigmentation problems, when used with the proper cosmeceutical skin care treatments at home.
- These results can also last for many months. However, top-up sessions are typically recommended after a certain period of time.
- Avoiding further sun damage after laser genesis is also a must for sustainability of your results.
Like most skin treatments, what you do at HOME also matters – a lot, in terms of results from laser genesis.
We can recommend the right home based cosmeceutical skin-care plan for your skin during you consultation with a dermal clinician (phone (03) 8849 1400 and ask for a Dermal Clinician Skin Assessment appointment).
Benefits of Laser Genesis for skin rejuvenation
Laser Genesis stimulates some reparative functions of the skin. It can help tighten the skin and is effective for treating some fine lines and facial wrinkles.
- It’s well suited to treat ageing skin, fine lines and sun damage resulting in uneven pigmentation.
- If you have Melasma, however, your Dermal Clinician may recommend combined treatments or alternative options such as a Dermamalen mask for Melasma pigmentation.
Laser Genesis treatments may also be helpful to reduce redness or when treating Rosacea.
- Rosacea is a condition where the skin is quite reactive, topically sensitive and flushed or red. Laser Genesis can help reduce flare-ups and when used with the right home system, may help calm the reactivity of your skin.
- There is very little downtime with this treatment; in fact, it is known as a ‘lunchtime’ procedure for both the face and neck.
- You will need to avoid wearing makeup right after a laser genesis treatment, and you’ll need to follow other recommended protocols that your Dermal Clinician will recommend.
What can I expect before the treatment?
- You will not need gel, anaesthetic cream or numbing of any sort prior to Laser Genesis treatment.
- Before the actual Laser Genesis treatment, you will be asked to remove your makeup or moisturisers (or your Dermal Clinician will cleanse and prepare your face).
- In some situations, you may be asked to shave the area that is being treated (such as for Men’s facial treatments).
Your clinician will review and assist with all the pre-treatment requirements.
What are the possible side effects?
- Although most patients report few if any side effects, the most common side effect from Laser Genesis treatments is a slight pinkness or redness in the skin tone; it typically disappears within a few hours of your treatment.
- But if you have any lifestyle factors, medications, genetic, medical or health conditions that impact your skin’s health (or render this treatment an unsuitable option for your skin), please be sure to discuss this in detail with your Dermal Clinician during a Skin Care Assessment and Skin Treatment planning session.
Send an enquiry form for further information about scheduling a treatment (or register to attend an event and meet our top Dermal Clinicians).
The treatment results are often subtle but still noticeable and refreshing.
- That noted, you will likely require from four to six treatments (or more) to achieve optimal treatment results.
- You’ll start seeing results as the skin renews itself and increases its collagen production from the Laser Genesis stimulation.
Is the treatment painful? – What does it feel like?
Laser Genesis is one of the more relaxing treatments we offer at Coco Ruby Skin & Anti Ageing.
Patients often describe the treatment as relaxing and therapeutic.
What to expect during a treatment:
- You will experience a gentle warming of your skin’s surface during the procedure as the laser handpiece is moved back and forth about 1/2 inch above your skin.
- You can immediately return to normal activities, utilising approved sunscreen (but no makeup) if participating in outdoor activities.
How many treatments will I need?
Four to Six are Common. One is rarely enough on its own but will tend to show some improvement.
- Every patient’s condition and skin treatment needs vary.
- For more information about what results you can expect or the number of treatments that are necessary to treat your skin concern, consult with your Dermal Clinician.
What kind of textural improvements can you expect with Laser Genesis skin therapy?
- Over a course of four to five treatments spread about 4 to 5 weeks apart, you’ll note that the Laser Genesis treatments have helped to restore your skin’s glow
- Some treatment results are noticeable earlier (pore minimisation or fresher looking skin) – but most show up over the course of a series of treatments (more even skin tone and firmer skin due to collagen stimulation)
- The skin will look smoother as the uneven textures caused by ageing, sun damage or minor acne scarring will become minimised; leaving your skin looking fresher, brighter and more even in skin tone.
If you want a healthier-looking complexion, try Laser Genesis if recommended by your Dermal Clinician.
Your pores will look smaller and your skin tone imperfections will be diminished – giving your skin a fresher, more even tone and texture – and overall, a healthier glow!
Summary: A popular favourite due to limited downtime, the results of individual treatments with Laser Genesis are subtle by nature and give a natural-looking skin enhancement. However, the overall skin appearance effects of multiple Laser Genesis treatments spread out over several months – in the hands of a great Dermal Clinician – can be quite dramatic and pleasingly noticeable. Your skin will look smoother (fine lines will be reduced) and your makeup will glide on better – making it a great treatment to get leading up to your wedding or other big events! Phone us on (03) 8849 1400.
OTHER OPTIONS for other Facial and IPL or Laser TREATMENTS
Click here for a great blog about treating sun-damaged decolletage or freckled chest skin with LIMELIGHT IPL treatments.