Fotona is one of the most experienced developers of state-of-the-art laser systems for both medicinal and surgical use. Fotona’s Q-Switch laser technology generates high-energy nanosecond pulses that allow effective removal of pigmentation or abnormal skin discolouration. By using larger spot sizes at very high energy, this innovative laser treatment can reach deeper skin layers and structures. This allows Fotona laser to treat a wide array of skin conditions such as signs of ageing, uneven skin tone, as well as, other skin imperfections.
How Fotona Q-Switch Laser Works
The Fotona Q-switch laser works by delivering pulses of energy that pass through the top layers of your skin and are selectively absorbed by the abnormal pigment. As a result, the pigment starts to break down or becomes shattered. Over time, your body’s immune system naturally eliminates the pigment fragments giving you smoother, radiant, and rejuvenated skin. The laser energy also stimulates the production of collagen, a protein that helps maintain the structures of your skin.
Benefits of Fotona Q-Switch Laser Treatment
The treatment offers the following benefits:
- Smoother, tighter, younger-looking skin
- Even skin complexion
- Little to no downtime
- Increased comfort and satisfaction
- Fast treatment (30 minutes, depending on the body area)
Ideal Candidates for Fotona Q-Switch Laser Treatment
During your consultation, your skin condition and expectations will be thoroughly assessed to create a customized treatment plan specific to your needs. In general, you are an ideal candidate for the treatment if you have;
- Either abnormal skin discolouration or hyperpigmentation.
- Visible capillaries or blood vessels.
- An unwanted tattoo.
- Acne scars, traumatic scars, or surgical scars.
- Stretch marks.
- Brown spots.
- Mild skin sagging.
- Its also important you have both realistic expectations and a positive outlook.
- And, you are in good physical and mental health.
Risks and Complications of Fotona Q-Switch Laser Treatment
The treatment has the following risks and complications:
- Acne flare-up
- Changes in skin colour
- Changes in skin sensation
- Milia (bumps that occur during healing)
What to Expect During Fotona Q-Switch Laser Treatment
Before the treatment, your skin will be thoroughly cleansed with an antiseptic or special solution to remove dirt and debris. Once your skin is completely dry, a numbing cream will be applied to reduce discomfort during the treatment. To protect your eyes from the laser, you will need to wear special goggles. The practitioner will then guide the device over the treatment area/s.
What to Expect After Fotona Q-Switch Laser Treatment
After the treatment, your skin will appear reddish. If you have a lot of pigments, you may also experience some bruising. After a few days, you may develop shallow blisters. This is normal and is part of the body’s healing process. It takes around 7-10 days for the treated area to heal properly. Once the healing process is complete, your skin will appear smoother, tighter, and more youthful.
How to Prepare for Fotona Q-Switch Laser Treatment
Before the treatment, there are some things that you need to avoid doing to ensure optimal results:
- Do not tan your skin.
- Do not take medications that can cause your blood to thin such as aspirin.
- Don’t apply excessive facial lotions or creams.
- Do not smoke or drink alcoholic beverages.
- Do not wear makeup.
Aftercare for Fotona Q-Switch Laser Treatment
To prevent complications and achieve the best clinical outcome:
- Apply a cold compress to the treated area as necessary.
- Apply the prescribed skin moisturizer.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure because your skin is still sensitive.
- Do not use scented lotions or serums.
- Avoid skincare products that contain retinol or alcohol.
- Do not scratch the treated area.
- Gently cleanse the area.
- Sleep with your head elevated using 2-3 pillows.
- Wash the area with tepid water after 12 hours.
FAQs about Fotona Q Switch Laser
What is StarWalker laser?
- StarWalker is a versatile laser machine that can address a broad range of skin concerns.
- By using Q-Switch laser technology, it allows the delivery of full-powered energy in short durations for faster and more effective treatment.
- The power and pulse duration of StarWalker can be adjusted accordingly to meet your specific needs.
What type of laser is Fotona?
- Fotona is a type of fractional laser.
- This is a non-invasive treatment that uses a special device to deliver a laser beam divided into thousands of microscopic treatment zones into the target area.
- This type of laser treatment has a high level of safety and efficacy because it works both on the skin surface and the middle layer of your skin without causing damage to nearby tissues.
What is Fotona Pico laser?
- The new Fotona StarWalker PQX Pico laser is the perfect tool for the effective removal of pigments without causing damage to the surrounding tissues.
- The Pico laser works by sending ultra-short pulses of energy into the target area without generating heat. As a result, the skin pigment or particles are shattered and are then eliminated naturally by your body.
Is Fotona laser good?
- Yes. The Fotona fractional laser treatment has several benefits and advantages compared to other laser technologies. These include the following:
- Safe and effective on all skin types and skin tones.
- Little to no downtime as you can resume your work and activities of daily living after the treatment.
- Stimulates the formation of new tighter skin.
- It can be customized to suit the needs of each patient.
- Doesn’t produce scabbing, bleeding, or any adverse side effects as opposed to traditional laser treatments.
What is Angel whitening laser?
- Angel whitening uses the 4D StarWalker laser to address a wide array of skin concerns such as;
- Dark circles around the eyes
- Uneven complexion
- Unwanted hair
- And different types of scars.
- Its breakthrough lasers shatter pigment in your skin without causing damage to the surrounding tissue.
- This in turn whitens the area and eliminates signs of pigmentation.
Does Fotona laser hurt?
- The level of discomfort that patients feel during the treatment may vary, depending on their pain threshold.
- In general, you will feel a warm sensation or a mild pinching sensation as the device passes over your skin. However, this is usually tolerable.
- For your comfort, a numbing cream will be applied to the target area before the treatment.
- Once the treatment is finished, an ice compress will be applied to your skin to minimize any discomfort that you may feel.
What does a Fotona laser do?
- Fotona laser has the following benefits:
- Achieves skin rejuvenation without having to endure the aggressive nature of chemical and surgical procedures
- Adds volume to the target area without the need for injectable fillers
- Allows you to return to work and daily activities afterward due to minimal down time
- Eliminates the appearance of skin pigmentation
- Improves the complexion of your skin
- Reduces the appearance of signs of skin ageing such as fine lines and wrinkles
- Smoothens acne scars, surgical scars, or traumatic scars
- Tightens your skin for a younger-looking appearance
How long does Fotona 4D last?
- The results of the treatment may vary from patient to patient and will depend on several factors such as your;
- Skin condition
- Skin type
- And, skincare regimen.
- However, in general, the results of the treatment can last for 6 months.
- To continue to enjoy the results of Fotona 4D, you can undergo touch-up treatments.
Is Fotona 4D painful?
- During the treatment, you may experience warmth in the area or a slight pinching sensation as the device passes over your skin. However, this is usually tolerable and does not last long.
- If you have a low pain threshold, a numbing cream will be applied before the treatment to minimize the discomforts associated with Fotona 4D.
What does Fotona 4D laser do?
- This revolutionary approach combines two different laser wavelengths in order to:
- Tighten the skin to remove sagginess or droopiness
- Restore the lost skin volume
- Stimulate the production of new and healthy skin cells
- Reduce the appearance of signs of ageing such as fine lines and wrinkles
- Improve skin tone and texture
- Eliminate the appearance of abnormal skin discolouration
How does a Q-switch laser work?
- The Q-switch laser is generally recommended for the treatment of abnormal skin discolouration (hyperpigmentation) and tattoo removal.
- This laser technology works by delivering pulses of energy that pass harmlessly through the top layers of your skin and are selectively absorbed by the abnormal pigment.
- As a result, the pigment starts to break down or becomes shattered.
- Over time, your body’s immune system naturally eliminates the pigment fragments.
- The Q- switch laser can also be adjusted in order to remove dead skin cells, dirt, debris, excess oil, or bacteria for a smoother, radiant, and rejuvenated skin.
Is Morpheus 8 worth the money?
- Yes. Morpheus 8 works similar to a micro needling device, but rather than pricking your skin with several tiny needles, it also delivers radiofrequency (RF) energy.
- This energy is absorbed by the deeper layers of your skin causing an increase in the production of collagen, a protein that helps maintain the structures of your skin.
- Aside from this effect, the pins of the device stimulate fat to break down and contract the tissue in the target area.
- This in turn reduces fat deposits and improves the contour of the area.
What is the best laser for skin tightening?
- Fotona 4D is a groundbreaking non-surgical face lifting procedure that can help you achieve tighter, radiant, younger-looking skin.
- This non-invasive treatment can help address signs of ageing and add volume to your skin without the need for injectable fillers.
- With this treatment, you can improve your skin complexion with little to no downtime.
- It is important to keep in mind that the best laser treatment for your skin condition will be determined during your consultation.
Is Angel whitening effective?
- Yes. Angel whitening laser skin lightening helps balance your complexion and eliminates the need for strong skin-bleaching creams.
- This treatment is recommended for abnormal skin discolouration or hyperpigmentation.
- Angel whitening works by breaking and removing melanin pigment (a natural pigment that gives colour to your skin) without causing injury to the surrounding tissue or structures.
- The laser energy also stimulates the production of collagen in the treatment area.
- Over time, your skin becomes smoother, tighter, and younger-looking.
Can laser lighten inner thighs?
- Darker inner thighs are caused by increased melanin production in the area. Melanin is a natural pigment that gives your skin its colour.
- Laser treatment works by breaking melanin into smaller fragments.
- Over time, your body’s immune system eliminates the fragments naturally.
- As a result, the inner thighs appear whiter, smoother, and healthier.
Can Revlite whiten underarms?
- Revlite is an advanced laser treatment that can help whiten different parts of your body such as the underarms.
- The laser uses high-speed energy waves that penetrate deep into your skin to break down the melanin pigment and stimulate collagen production.
- This effect whitens the underarm area and achieves a more even-toned and luminous skin.
How can I whiten my groin?
- Either Angel whitening or Revlite laser treatments can help whiten your groin area without the need for strong skin-bleaching creams.
- To know more about your treatment options, you can schedule a consultation with a qualified dermatologist.
- This allows the creation of a customized treatment plan specific to your needs and aesthetic goals.
Can Fotona Q-Switch laser treatment be combined with other procedures?
- For best results, you can combine it with other cosmetic procedures such as injectable fillers and anti-wrinkle injections.
- Depending on your individual goals, your provider will design a treatment plan that will best suit your needs.
How many treatments do I need to achieve optimal results?
- The number of treatments you will need will depend on your skin condition and the results you want to achieve.
- In general, you will need a series of 3 treatments spaced 1 month apart.
- To maintain the results, you will need touch-up treatments.