Décolletage – that area between your collar bones and nipples – is highly prone to sun damage. In fact, if you have lots of freckles or other skin pigmentation differences in the chest area, it’s likely to be a visible sign of ageing in this area of your body. The same holds true with uneven pigmentation and freckles on your arms, shoulders and legs. Before we talk about how effective Limelight IPL treatments can be to reduce the sun damage you currently have in your Décolletage area (the skin above your bosom), here’s why so many of us are walking around with a much older-looking chest area and decolletage sun damage (freckled, mottled and aged looking chest skin).
The Sun Damaged Chest: Décolletage Sun Damage and IPL Treatments (Melbourne)
Sun Damage across the Decolletage is one of the most common complaints from women living in Australia. Find out if Limelight IPL treatments can help YOUR decolletage by requesting a skin care consultation with a Dermal Clinician at our popular Melbourne Anti-Ageing Clinic. Phone (03) 8849 1444 and request an appointment.
Why does our chest or Décolletage area seem to age faster than our face?
- Sun damage is ageing to the skin.
- Decolletage sun damage (pigmentation and mottled-looking skin above the chest area) is very ageing to your entire appearance, especially when wearing revealing outfits in summer or v-neck clothing.
Most of us know that sun exposure ages us prematurely. And because we know this, many of us look after our facial skin with regular skin care and facial treatments including top-ranked facial serums and sun blocks (buy online/free shipping may be available for your favourite Obagi, PCA, DNA or GloMineral makeup products and sun blocks).
Chest vs Face Skin – Does your Decolletage look older than your face and neck?
So even though our facial skin and neck skin may STILL BELIE OUR AGE – thanks to our dedicated skin care regimes and recommended sun block products (shop online for GloMinerals makeup, Obagi, PCA, DNA and other sun blocks and most popular medical-grade skin care product lines), our Décolletage is often subjected to a great degree of unprotected sun exposure.
And this sun exposure is exactly what causes our chest skin to look so old – often much older than we actually are!
- It’s a combination effect
- It results from the degree of sun exposure over a lifetime
- And the fact we ‘forget’ or ‘neglect’ to cover this area with proper sun screen/sun blocks.
Décolletage and Sun Exposure – Sun Damage leads to seriously ageing skin just below your neck.
Why does your chest area (decolletage) look so mottled and pigmented when your face may not?
- You may wear sun protection and makeup on our face and – ideally – your neck.
- But chances are, you’ve rarely put adequate sun protection or sun block on our chest area and decolletage.
And without sun protection, this area is subject to a great degree of sun damage.
- The chest area/decolletage is frequently exposed to sun damaging rays whenever we wear a sports bra/sports top whilst jogging, a swimsuit, a low-cut top or v-neck blouse.
- Clothing alone doesn’t tend to block the sun’s rays.
- Even during winter, this area of our bodies gets damaging exposure from the sun (although scarves and button-up jumpers can help a bit).
- The chest area of the body is also still highly prone to UVA/UVB SUN DAMAGE as you’re driving in the car – because that area of your body gets sun from the front windshield of your car as well as you car’s side windows/side angles.
This sun exposure to our Decolletage area, over time, leads to mottled looking, highly freckled or pigment-varied skin.
- And studies show that one of the most significant give away signs of our skin ageing processes – and our sun-drenched lifestyles – is having skin that reveals many different colours due to sun exposure.
- The technical term for this is, of course, hyper-pigmentation (or pigmentation problems), also known as ‘an uneven skin tone.”
Skin tone or skin pigmentation evenness is a KEY FACTOR in ageing perceptions (especially of the face, neck and hands or decolletage).
- Fortunately IPL treatments – such as the LIMELIGHT IPL – can reduce pigmentation and sun damage concerns for your chest area/decolletage.
- In as little as 2 to 3 sessions, you can smooth out pigmentation problems and have visibly more even skin colour and younger-looking dermal tissues across your decolletage.
The potential solution for treating freckles and other pigmentation concerns on your decolletage?
Ask for a consultation to see if you’re a good candidate for LIMELIGHT IPL treatments for your decolletage.
Case study of effectiveness of IPL Limelight treatments on the decolletage.
Patient age range: 40-50
Treatments: 2 LIMELIGHT IPL treatments
Time between treatments: 4 weeks
Typical treatment downtime: several days to several weeks of potential additional redness or temporarily darker pigmentation, swelling, occasional bruising.
Cost of IPL treatments/Limelight (Melbourne): Prices vary depending on what you’re needing treated.
$350 is the price of ONE decolletage LIMELIGHT IPL treatment and you’ll need at least 2 to 3 treatments – ask for a consultation for details.
Cost of combined treatments or face and neck or neck and decolleatage: Click here for Laser Treatment Prices in Melbourne or phone us on (03) 8849 1444.
Prices are estimates only and may be subjected to change; remember, not everyone is suited for IPL treatments.
Ready to give LIMELIGHT IPL treatments a try? Phone (03) 8849 1444 and request a skin care assessment ($50).
We can also look at your facial skin using Canfield’s REVEAL technology (be sure you ask for this if you want your facial pigmentation assessed during a skin care consultation).
Also – this treatment is not usually advisable for people with skin that is above a Fitzpatrick IV and may best suit Fitzpatrick I-III. Results can vary and be sure you’ve read the preparation and post-treatment recommendations and the risks of IPL treatments.
Facial pigmentation as well as Decolletage sun damage?
- Limelight IPL can also help with facial and neck area pigmentation.
- Find out which options will suit you best by scheduling and attending a skin assessment with a Dermal Clinician at our Melbourne clinic.
Phone for a consultation with a Dermal Clinician (by appointment) – (03) 8849 1444. Skin care assessments by a qualified Dermal Clinician cost $50 and will help you know which treatment(s) will serve your needs best. Plenty of nearby parking for up to 2 hours.