What is Limelight IPL (Intense Pulsed Light)?
The Cutera Limelight Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is a powerful system that treats superficial hyperpigmentation, discolouration, ‘broken’ or damaged capillaries which are highly visible – and skin redness. IPL can be one of the most effective treatments for Telangiectasia, and is often used to treat the dilated capillaries which often appear as visible reddish or purple clusters. If your capillaries look ‘spidery’ or overly visible on your facial skin (often around the nose or on the cheeks) or decolletage, contact our top Dermal Clinicians to find out how light-based treatments can help you get your skin looking its best.
IPL is a light based treatment for skin
The light source treats skin imperfections and markings that are associated with ageing and sun damage, helping to improve your tone and texture.
What areas of the body or face can be treated with Limelight IPL?
Telangiectasia, Face, Neck, Decolletage, Arms & Legs
- The Limelight IPL is ideal for any part of the face, neck and decolletage with skin redness, telangiectasia (tiny visible vessels) or brown spots.
- Light (low contrast) brown spots, which were previously difficult to resolve respond well to the treatment.
What do LIMELIGHT Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) treatments feel like?
- When the pulse of light is delivered, patients will experience a mild stinging or very brief ‘pinching-like’ sensation.
- Cooling gel is often used to help cool and comfort the skin before the light energy is pulsed.
- Anaesthetic or pain medicine is typically not required.
How many Limelight IPL treatments will I need?
- One to three treatments are usually sufficient to see results.
- Additional treatments may be recommended, especially for excessively sun-damaged skin.
- Your Dermal Clinician will give you a customised treatment plan.
- We offer other solutions if you have skin problems that are not suitable to be treated with IPL – just attend a skin consultation to learn what treatments will be best for your personal skin-related concerns.
What happens after the IPL treatment?
- Immediately following the Limelight IPL treatment, your brown spots may start to darken and your skin is likely to appear slightly pink or reddish in colour.
- The treated area may become mildly swollen.
- Swelling typically lasts a few hours – possibly a day or longer.
- Special make-up can be applied to cover the redness.
When will I see results from IPL (Intense Pulsed Light)?
- Within a week to three weeks, the darkened spots will flake off and fade.
- Diffuse redness or tiny vessels will decrease and your mottled complexion will improve.
Will the spots and redness reappear over time?
New brown spots, telangiectasia (tiny vessels) and diffuse redness may appear with new sun damage. However they can be be treated as required.
Remember to always apply broad-spectrum sunscreen when outdoors to minimise sun damage and the appearance of new spots and diffuse redness.
Next Steps: Book your Initial Consultation to discover what Limelight IPL or another light-based treatment can do for you.
- Book a consultation with one of Coco Ruby’s patient-focused Dermal Clinicians using the form below or phone us during Clinic Hours.
- You can also email us or Call on (03) 8849 1400 to arrange your consultation appointment.
Want more information before scheduling your skin consultation?
- Request more information about our rejuvenation procedures – send an Enquiry form
- Or register to attend one of our FREE Practice Events and meet our Skin Treatment Experts and our team of elite Melbourne Plastic Surgeons for face, body and breast
Simply send an enquiry form or phone (03) 8849 1400 during Clinic Hours.
Please FOLLOW us on Facebook.