For everything you ever wanted to know about PDO Threads, download our Injectables Guide today
Matrix PDO Threads Treatment – Minimally Invasive Lower Face Tightening with Non-Surgical Facial Threads
The most popular procedure to help you look 10 years younger is full facelift & necklift surgery but a new twist on facial rejuvenation is a treatment with Matrix PDO Mono Threads. The Threads procedure uses dissolvable sutures to tighten your skin and build collagen, it is completed in under 45 minutes, has less downtime and is much less invasive than the conventional full facelift surgery. The procedure promotes collagen and elastin production, which allows you to see improvements in your skin over the next 6 to 12 months. You’ll notice some temporary swelling and an improvement in skin quality over time.
About PDO Mono Threads
PDO Mono Threads are a new method of tightening and thickening your skin. They differ from thread “lifts” which use barbed threads to lift tissues, these threads are smooth and minimally invasive. Mono Threads improve lines and wrinkles by stimulating natural collagen production and tighten the skin, they do not “lift” it as such.
Mono Threads are made from an absorbable polymer which is flexible and durable. It will continue to tighten for 6-12 months after the procedure and are a “support” structure for your face. The polymer will be fully absorbed by the body over time.
Your Results will show in less than 6 weeks from treatment and this will continue to improve for the next 2-6 months. It is recommended to have a Threads treatment yearly.
Where can PDO Mono Threads be used?
Mono Threads are used to rejuvenate collagen on facial areas such as:
- upper and lower cheeks (accordion lines)
- forehead and brows
- neck and jawline
- nose to mouth lines
- marionette lines
Benefits of PDO Threads
Here are some of the top benefits of PDO Threads:
- Minimally Invasive – Unlike facelifts, it is a minimally invasive procedure that does not involve major cuts and incisions.
- Quick – The procedure is completed in 45 to 60 mins.
- Immediate results – You can see an instant difference in your skin after the treatment. However, the results become better over a period of 2 to 3 months.
- Long-Lasting – The procedure stimulates your natural collagen production, making the results last for up to 2 years.
- Collagen Production – PDO Threads stimulates the production of new collagen, which improves the overall texture and quality of your skin while making it look youthful.
- Highly Customizable – It is a highly customizable procedure that can be tailor-fitted to your needs. For instance, if you require PDO threads for the neck or eyebrows, you don’t have to get it done on your entire face. It can be used in combination with other procedures.
- Affordable – It is a much more cost-effective treatment than other anti-aging treatments available in the market. Easy on the pocket as well as your skin.
How do PDO Mono Threads Work?
- PDO Mono Thread slides under your skin with a needle
- Your Skin Begins to tighten and naturally regenerate production of Elastin & Collagen
- Collagen formation is stimulated during breakdown of the PDO thread
- Rejuvenated and Smoother skin over next 12 months
Are you a candidate for PDO Threads?
You may be an ideal candidate for the PDO Threads procedure if you are experiencing early signs of facial aging and are looking for a minimally invasive option to treat it. It is not recommended if you have you have more severe signs of aging, excess droopy and sagging skin. In that case, a traditional facelift, necklift or mini facelift may help.
Preparing in Advance for PDO Threads
Here is how to prepare for a PDO Threads procedure:
- Avoid taking any blood-thinning medications for at least a week prior to the treatment. If you take any medication or supplements regularly, check in with your doctor and see if you can keep using them prior to the treatment or not.
- If you need to get any dental work done, do it now, as you won’t be able to visit a dentist for at least two weeks after the procedure.
- Ensure there is no inflammation anywhere on your body.
- Do not consume alcohol for a few days before the treatment.
- Avoid smoking for at least a week before the procedure.
- Do not do high-intensity exercises, visit saunas, use hot tubs for at least three days prior to the treatment.
- You can take ARNICA for a few days prior to reduce bruising and swelling.
The PDO Threads Consultation
The consult will take around 15 minutes. You will be briefed about the entire process and your will be made aware of the potential risks and required recovery phase.
The PDO Threads Procedure
The Threads Procedure takes about 45 minutes (60 minutes if you want filler or anti wrinkle injections at the same time)
A topical anaesthetic will be used prior to treatment but it can still be a little uncomfortable.
There are no incisions or scarring from this treatment, therefore there are no stitches.
The procedure can vary slightly depending on which practitioner you choose and your aesthetic goals, but overall, it will look somewhat like this:
- They will ensure your face is completely clean and there are no traces of dirt or makeup.
- Your face will be disinfected with the help of rubbing alcohol and inject local anaesthesia with the help of a small needle to the treatment site.
- Next, your Medical Practitioner will insert a cannula into your skin.
- The PDO thread will be inserted into place with the help of a cannula. This step will be repeated many times depending on the lengths & number of threads used.
- You will be able to go home shortly after the treatment with low downtime.
Which brand of PDO Threads do you use?
We use the quality MONDEAL MINT BRAND. The Mini Mono, Small Mono, Medium Mono, Large Mono and Double Screw.
- PDOMINI – PDO Threads -Mini Mono – 30G 12mm x 15mm
- PDOSML – PDO Threads -Small Mono = 29G 25mm x 30mm
- PDOMED – PDO Threads -Medium Mono – 29G 38mm x 50mm
- PDOLRG – PDO Threads -Large Mono – 29G 50mm x 70mm
- PDODS PDO Threads -Double Screw – 27G 38mm x 50mm
PDO Threads Before and After Photos (Courtesy of EnVogue Skin)
Post Treatment Recovery
Good Aftercare is vital for a great result from your threads treatment
- Expect swelling and bruising for the first day or two after the PDO Threads. You can resume your day to day activities almost immediately after the treatment as there is no “Downtime” – similar to filler.
- Do not rub or massage your face for the first week after the treatment as it comes at the risk of dislodging any face threads.
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol for at least a week after the procedure, as it can lead to bruising.
- Sleep on your back and avoid sleeping on your sides for two weeks after the treatment.
- Do not exercise; use hot tubs and saunas for at least a week after Threads.
- Avoid pursing your lips or using a straw for at least a few weeks after the surgery.
- Eat soft, easy to chew foods for at least the first week or two after the treatment.
Things to Avoid after your Threads Treatments – Aftercare
- You cannot have dental work for at least FOUR weeks after the surgery.
- Avoid strenuous contact sports 3 weeks afterwards
- No facials or face massage for around 3 weeks
- No laser/ heat treatments around the treated area for 3 Months
How much is the PDO Mono Threads Procedure?
- The Injectables Consultation Fee is $100 and this does come off the price of the treatment (Same as other Injectables)
- A PDO Mono Threads Procedure can cost between $400 and $1000 depending on quantity.
- Threads Treatment for your Cheeks costs around $800 or so.
Risks and Complications of PDO Threads
If you choose the right medical expert and follow all the pre and post-care instructions, you are likely to avoid the risks and complications including:
- Visible sutures (a common problem in people with thin skin)
- Minor bruising on the treatment site
- Dimpling of skin
- Snapping of threads
PDO Threads FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions about PDO Threads
What is a PDO thread?
- PDO Thread, also known as Poly DiOxanone thread, is a medical-grade thread that is thinner than the average hair. It is made up of protein and helps to relax tendons and muscles while promoting blood flow and collagen production in the area.
How long does the results of PDO Threads last?
- The results of PDO Threads can last for around two years for most patients.
How painful is PDO Threads?
- Local anaesthesia is used during the procedure, so you won’t feel much during the procedure except for the initial prick.
Are PDO Threads worth it?
- Yes, PDO Threads can make you look younger and will continue to improve your skin over time. You can delay the need for a facelift
Can you feel PDO threads?
- When your practitioner uses high-quality PDO threads, you should not be able to see or feel the threads.
How often can you get PDO threads?
- You can get a follow up to treat every year or two to maintain the results. There is no limit to how many times you can get PDO threads.
Can PDO threads break?
- Yes, PDO threads can break if there is excessive movement of your facial muscles.
How do PDO threads build collagen?
- PDO threads get absorbed in the skin over a period of 3 to 6 months by hydrolysis. They trigger fibroblasts which produce more collagen and help tighten your skin.
Do PDO threads hurt afterwards?
- After the surgery, your practitioner will prescribe pain relief, which will assist with any post-treatment pain.
How do you sleep after a PDO Threads?
- It is advised to sleep on your back with your head propped up with a pillow to avoid any excessive pressure on your face, which can lead to the breaking of some threads.
What should you not do after PDO Threads?
- Here is a list of things you should avoid after a PDO Threads:
- Avoid smoking and drinking
- Avoid for vigorous exercise
- Avoid hot tubs, saunas and extreme temperatures
- Do not visit a dentist for the first couple of weeks
- Facials and Facial massages are a big no-no
- Don’t sleep on your side or the stomach
- Don’t rub your face
What happens after the PDO Threads?
- You will look instantly younger and fresher. You might experience some of the side effects such as soreness, swelling, bruising, and minor puckering of the skin during the first week or two.
Can you get Muscle relaxer injections after PDO threads?
- Yes, you can get muscle relaxer or anti wrinkle injections over Threads once you are fully healed. Ask your medical practitioner.
Can you eat after PDO threads?
- Yes, you can eat after Threads. Make sure to consume soft, easy to chew foods for the first two weeks after the treatment. Avoid using straws.
Do PDO threads add volume?
- Yes, PDO threads add volume, produce collagen and tighten your skin to create a more youthful look.
Do PDO threads stretch skin?
- Yes, PDO threads can help lift up sagging skin and tighten it. Note that it is not sold as an alternative to a facelift.
Can I get PDO threads while pregnant?
- The PDO threads are safe to use during pregnancy. However, the procedure involves the use of local anaesthesia which can be unsafe during pregnancy. It is advised to get the treatment after pregnancy.
Can threading cause wrinkles?
- If done by an expert, threading is gentler on the skin as compared to waxing and doesn’t cause any wrinkles.
Can you microneedle after PDO threads?
- Yes, you can get a micro-needling treatment after PDO threads. Make sure that your threads are completely dissolved prior to going for any other skin treatments.
Who can perform PDO threads?
- Medical professionals perform the PDO Threads treatment, provided that they have the right training and experience.
Is threading better than plucking?
- Threading is a quick procedure that takes less than five minutes and plucks out even the finest of hairs. On the other hand, plucking involves a lot of time and patience as each hair needs to be plucked out individually and is more painful. However, plucking is easier to do at home.
Am I allowed to go home on the same day of the treatment?
- Of course, you can return home on the same day of the treatment. In fact, you will be able to go home almost immediately after the treatment is complete.
Can I get the PDO Threads done on only one part of my face?
- Yes, the advantage of this treatment that it is highly customizable. You do not have to get it done all over your face and neck. You can get it done on your forehead, eyebrows, cheeks, neck, or all over your face. It entirely depends on your aesthetic goals.
Do I need time off work after Threads?
- No, you don’t need to take any time off work after Threads. You can go back to work soon after the treatment.
Can I use makeup after Threads?
- You can use makeup 48 hours after the treatment. Make sure to apply it gently with the help of soft makeup brushes, and do not put excessive pressure on your skin.
Can you treat other parts of the Body besides the face with PDO Mono Threads?
- Yes you can but Coco Ruby doesn’t offer that service currently.
PDO Thread Summary
A PDO Threads is a quick and effective procedure that uses dissolvable sutures to rejuvenate and tighten sagging skin.
It can deliver instant results and promote collagen production in your skin. It is a cheaper alternative to other facial rejuvenation methods. Moreover, you can return back to your daily activities almost immediately after the procedure. The recovery is quick and easy.
Book a Consultation with Registered Nurse Sandra Wallace
Wish to take years off your age and discuss your anti-aging options? Simply fill out the consultation form below. Alternatively, you can give us a call or send us an email. One of our team members will call you to book a consultation.