Lip Flip Treatment for Luscious Lips by our friendly Coco Ruby Nurse Injectors
- Would you like fuller yet natural-looking lips?
- Don’t want to have lip fillers just yet?
- A lip flip may be just the answer for you!
A lip flip is a simple non-surgical procedure that improves the appearance of your lips without having more extensive lip enhancement such as lip fillers or upper lip lift surgery. The results of a lip flip are extremely subtle and natural. The process involves rolling the top lip, which results in more volume and poutier lips. The procedure itself is very quick, virtually painless, and completed in around 10-15 minutes. Your Luscious Lips will be visible in about a week’s time and tend to last for two to three months in most patients. Our experienced injecting team at Coco Ruby Skin in Melbourne can help!
Benefits of Lip Flip Procedure
The top benefits of the lip flip procedure are:
- Quick Results – You can see complete results in about a week’s time after the treatment
- Natural Look – It is a great alternative to lip fillers and gives you a much more natural look.
- Easier to try than Lip Fillers – It is a great way to try your new lip look before getting lip fillers (that can last anywhere between 8 to 18 months.)
- Safe Procedure – The procedure is regarded as safe with no serious risks or health complications involved.
- Quick and Painless – The procedure is quick and painless and can be completed in a matter of 10 minutes.
- Cost-Effective – It is very cost-effective and much cheaper than lip filler.
Great Reasons to try Lip Flipping
- You want to try something before committing to lip fillers.
- You wish to make your smile appear less gummy.
- If your lip disappears when you smile, lip flip is a great option.
- If you wish to achieve mildly fuller but still natural-looking lips.
- You are bothered by the lines on your upper lip and looking for a fix.
- You are looking for a lip-enhancing procedure that does not involve any downtime.
View this post on Instagram
Your Lip Flip Procedure
1. Your Consultation
Like any other treatment, your lip flip procedure starts with a medical consultation to determine suitability for the treatment. Possibly side effects will be discussed and any questions you have will be answered at this time.
2. Before – Preparing for Treatment
There are a few things you need to be mindful of before the procedure. Avoiding smoking, alcohol, and any blood-thinning medications is recommended as it can lead to excessive swelling and bruising. Twenty-four hours before the treatment, avoid excessive exercise and extreme temperatures.
3. After – Recovering from Treatment
During your consultation, you will be provided with a sheet outlining what not to do following your treatment.
Your upper lip may feel slightly swollen, but you can resume normal day-to-day activities directly after treatment. It is a must that you adhere to the post-treatment care instructions given by your treating nurse/doctor to avoid any adverse responses. Post recovery care is as important as the treatment itself!
4. Aftercare Tips
Here are a few important tips that you need to be mindful of after getting your lip flipped:
- Refrain from strenuous activities and exercise for 48 hours, light exercise such as walking is fine.
- Keep yourself hydrated and eat healthily, avoiding anything with excess sodium.
- Do not in extreme temperatures, and avoid saunas, steam rooms, hot tubs and hot showers for 48 hours after the treatment.
- Avoid taking any blood-thinning medications as it can worsen bruising and swelling.
- If you are getting a lip flip for a particular event, make sure to get it done at least two weeks in advance.
- Sleep on your back with your head slightly elevated the night of the treatment.
5. Your Results
You will start seeing results in 2-5 days typically as the anti-wrinkle injection starts to take effect. Most people will be able to see the final look in about 7 to 14 days after the procedure. It is important to keep in mind that the results are not permanent, and they will require regular wrinkle relaxer treatments to maintain- usually every 2-4 months.
Lip Flip Before and After Photos
View this post on Instagram
Lip Flip Prices – How much does a Lip Flip Cost in Melbourne?
A lip flipping treatment will generally cost around $60-$150 depending on the amount of wrinkle relaxer required. Please contact the Coco Ruby Skin team for a quote.
Lip Flip FAQs – Questions about Lip Flipping Treatment
What is a lip flip?
- Lip Flip is a non-invasive procedure using gentle injections of an anti-wrinkle solution to relax the muscle of your upper lip.
How many units of wrinkle relaxer are required for a lip flip?
- There is no fixed number as this treatment is completely individual. On average, 4-8 units may be required as a brief guide.
Can you reverse a lip flip?
- There is no way to reverse it, however, the results will last only 2 to 4 months. It’s just a matter of letting it wear off with time.
Does lip-flipping change your smile?
- If you have concerns with a gummy smile, a lip flip will help to improve your smile making the gums less obvious.
Is it painful?
- There is very minimal pain experienced with the treatment. A tiny sting may be felt if anything, but the treatment is very quick. Ice may be used for comfort if required.
Why does my top lip curl up when I smile?
- In some people, certain muscles in the lip area are over-active, which causes their lips to curl upwards when they smile. This is why a muscle relaxing injection is a perfect treatment!
Does lip flipping help a gummy smile?
- Yes! This is a helpful treatment for those with a gummy smile. The flip treatment may also be used in combination with lip fillers for even better results in some patients.
Next Steps – I Want Lip Flipping, What Next?
Book a consultation with one of our injectors! Our injectors are available Monday – Saturday so simply fill out the form below, and one of our team members will get in touch with you shortly. Alternatively, please phone us on 8849 1400 and our friendly staff will assist you in finding a time a day that suits you best.