Neck & Fat Reduction: How can you reduce a Double Chin without Surgery?
Double Chin Injection Treatment in Melbourne for reducing Under Chin/Double Chin Fat
Studies have shown that a “double-chin” appearance or a ‘”fatty looking neck” are common concerns for people who want to rejuvenate their facial appearance. Excess fat (sub-mental neck fat), once only treatable by surgical procedures such as a neck lift or liposuction, can now be treated with a cosmetic injecting procedure – Double Chin Injections. There’s now an effective solution that reduces actual fat cells in the sub-mental area (fat under the chin, near the upper neck), that leads to a ‘double chin’ appearance.
Or, if your concern is a recessed chin (retruded chin), the solution for a weak chin or recessed jawline may be chin augmentation. Read more about chin implant surgery by clicking here.
Patients who are unhappy with their ‘double chins’ or ‘fatty looking jawlines’ are keen to learn more about this new non-surgical cosmetic treatment.
Injections for Double Chin Reduction: Does this new treatment really work on under-chin fat?
Our COCO RUBY Skin Clinic now offers this non-surgical technique to reduce mild to moderate excess fat under the chin, resulting in a more defined, youthful looking under chin area (jawline). Ask about fat reduction treatments for under chin fat reduction, liposuction for body contouring, and dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections for facial rejuvenation.
Under Chin Injections – New Cosmetic Fat Reduction Technique Now Approved in Australia for Facial Rejuvenation
A strong, firm jawline gives a youthful appearance. Today, you can treat excess under-chin fat or mild to moderate under-chin sagging with cosmetic injections, which has been available for some time in the USA and recently approved for use in Australia under another brand (since 2017). These are imported by a quality reputable medical supplier named Allergan (who also supply quality Breast Implants).
If you want a stronger, less puffy-looking under-chin area – in other words, a reduction of what appears to be a ‘double chin’ or fatty neckline – then chin area injections targeting the under jaw and upper neck area may be JUST the non-surgical option you’ve been waiting to arrive in Melbourne.
Offered at our Hawthorn East Clinic, these treatments can help restore a youthful looking neck or jawline by removing fat deposits below the chin. You may be eligible for this treatment if you have mild to moderate submental fat beneath your chin or jawline, and if you prefer a non-surgical method of rejuvenation as opposed to the traditional surgical methods of a neck lift, neck lift combined with liposuction or a lower facelift procedure.
Snapshot of the Treatment for Mild to Moderate Under Chin Fat – Injections to Reduce Double Chin Appearance
Suitable candidates for double chin injections treatments, treating fat under the jawline and chin should be:
- In good health
- No contraindications, no thyroid disorders
- A non-smoker
- Have firm skin with good collagen (not overly lax skin under the jawline)
- Have mild to moderate under-chin fat
Are you a good candidate for Double Chin Injections to Reduce Under-Chin Fat?
If you meet the criteria above, you can request a consultation to be assessed as a suitable candidate for double-chin reduction injections by our Cosmetic Injectors,
Good Injection Candidates for Chin Fat Treatments or other cosmetic injections:
- Good cosmetic injection candidates for the double chin treatment have mild to moderate submental fat under the chin, along with good skin collagen and overall skin health (resiliency).
- Overly lax skin types may not be suited for this procedure, as with less fat under the chin, skin that lacks collagen may look lax in areas where the under-chin fat was reduced by the injections.
Example of a suitable candidate for Double Chin Injections: mild to moderate under-chin fat, without excess skin laxity.
Good vs Unsuitable Candidates for ‘Double-Chin’ Injections
The candidate below would NOT be a suitable candidate for Double Chin Reduction Injections. The reason for this is the high level of under-chin fat, which is typically related to an elevated BMI rather than ageing.
Additionally, the male in the image below would also NOT be a good candidate for under-chin injections to remove a double chin.
The primary concerns in both of these images relate to body weight or Body Mass Index (BMI) and potentially unstable weight trends, which can impact results. In elderly patients or patients with lax skin that lacks collagen and resiliency, removing under chin fat can also lead to unwanted post-treatment appearances of the neck. For best results from injections, you’ll want to be sure your skin is healthy and has good collagen strength (resiliency) so that it doesn’t sag when fat is removed from the under jaw area.
Double Chin Injections to Reduce Under-Chin Sagging and Tighten the Jawline for a more youthful lower face contour
How Double Chin Reduction injection treatments are performed:
- The treatment area is numbed as Physician deems appropriate to reduce discomfort.
- The area is overlayed with a GRID and the treated area is marked (grid marks are removed for areas which are NOT to be treated).
- The patient is informed about how many injections they are going to be given.
- Ice or cold packs may be used between some injections to reduce injection discomfort.
- The treatment is typically repeated approximately 2 more times about 6 weeks apart.
How long does fat reduction under the chin – double chin injection treatments with fat dissolving injection solutions – last?
Each patient is different and results can vary from patient to patient, with results being impacted by a variety of factors.
Long-term pleasing results may be possible when the following criteria are met:
- The patient is a suitable candidate
- The patient understands what the procedure CAN and CANNOT do for their double-chin appearance (reasonable expectations are important)
- The patient maintains a stable weight over time
- The patient has the recommended number of treatments spaced approximately 6 weeks apart or as recommended by the Injecting Physician
- The patient follows the post-treatment protocols carefully
If the above criteria are met and a reduction in under chin/under jawline fat is achieved, then fat reduction under the chin may be considered permanent based on manufacturer & supplier study measurements at the five-year follow-up period.*
* Individual results may vary and life events including health changes, weight gain or weight loss and skin ageing may impact the longevity of results over time.
Is the result from under chin injections to reduce a double chin considered to be a long-lasting improvement in the jawline or under-chin contours?
Over a period of months after appropriate treatment with this fat dissolving solution (acidic in nature), the excess under-chin fat is considered to have been “permanently” reduced in the treated areas, according to the manufacturers of the injected product.
The Neck Fat Reduction Injection Treatment
Please note that this double-chin injection treatment works best on suitable candidates with mild to moderate sub-mental fat under the chin and with good skin elasticity and no contraindications. Not all patients may be suitable for this treatment.
The “diagonal neck line” versus a “refined chin and jawline” makes a big difference in how you look
The reason the double chin injectables treatment is so popular is that most people wish their face and neckline was more defined in terms of contours.
- The trouble with ageing and weight changes is that it can leave you with a diagonal neck line, which seems to run from your chin to your lower neck .
- From the front, this can look like the infamous – and dreaded – “double” chin.
From the side…well…it looks like a diagonal neck line which obscures your jawline and leaves you looking either older or heavier than you actually are (or likely, both heavier and older than you look).
How neck fat reduction injectables work to reduce that double chin appearance.
New to Australia, the under-chin or neck area injectables treatment has proven to be effective for selected patients who have excess jaw-area fat but good skin resiliency. Ask us if you’re a candidate by phoning for a consultation on (03) 8849 1444.
If you decide to try this innovative, non-surgical approach to reducing a double-chin appearance, here’s what’s good to know.
- The treatment needs to be performed by a qualified, well-trained professional who understands the product, injecting strategies, anatomy, sterilisation and cosmetic injecting risks.
- You’ll be given assistance with comfort management to reduce uncomfortable sensations during treatment (up to one hour before the treatment).
- Comfort management strategies may include ice packs, topical numbing agents and/or local anaesthetic injections.
- The injectables treatment solution is then prepared by your Physician or Cosmetic Injector.
- The numbing agents are then removed and the area is thoroughly cleansed.
- A injecting GRID (dotted outline of where to inject) is over-layed onto the treated area.
- The treatment solution is then carefully administered, using micro-fine injections made into the sub-mental fat below the chin
An Aesthetic Physician, performs double-chin injection treatments using a fat cell reduction solution. The under chin-fat reduction treatment aims to reduce fat stores and help restore a more distinguished chin and jawline appearance.
Double Chin Injection Treatment for Fat Reduction – more information about the Double Chin Injectables Solution now available in Australia: Does it hurt?
This treatment can be very uncomfortable unless comfort management strategies are used, including local numbing agents or injections.
- For patient comfort, ICE packs can be applied BEFORE, DURING and AFTER the injection treatment.
- Ice can be combined with other solutions to make the ice pack “slushy” and mold-able to the under-chin area.
- Injections are made very carefully in the designated treated area, using the dotted grid as an injecting guideline.
At each session, the number of injections is likely reduced.
- That’s because prior treatments will have resulted in less fat in the sub-mental treatment area.
- The more treatments undertaken, the less fat in that area; and the fewer the injections needed at each treatment session.
How often will you need injections in your under-chin area in order to reduce your double-chin fat?
- After your first session, the under neck injection procedure is repeated at approximately 6 weeks to 8 weeks for at least 2 more treatments for most patients (sometimes more).
- Your Doctor will advise you of the recommended times between sessions as there may be some variability.
Most patients require a minimum of 3 or more treatments to get a good result in under-chin fat reduction.
- However, every patient is unique.
- Our cosmetic injection treatments are fully customised.
BEFORE and AFTER PHOTOS of Double Chin treatment using Cosmetic injections for reduction in under chin fat
What it’s like to have the Chin Fat Injection Treatment? What’s normal?
- The treatment gets excellent results for suitable candidates, but it can be uncomfortable.
- So you’ll want to be prepared, but everyone is different and the second treatment is usually less uncomfortable than the first.
- Initially, there is redness, a sensation of heat and swelling, which can last for several weeks as the treatment takes effect.
- The swelling can look significant at the first treatment but tends to wane for most patients in a few days or weeks, and is typically less the second or third treatment.
- Over time, you will notice a smoother, firmer contour to the tissues under the chin.
- You’ll want to follow the post-treatment advice from your Doctor precisely and keep in close communication with your injector if you notice any symptoms of concern.
- Phone us on (03) 8849 1444 and ask for a consultation for under-chin fat injections OR for a facelift or neck lift option.
Shown below: Patient’s BEFORE image of double-chin reduction injections.
BEFORE Double Chin Injections (PHOTO).
Contact us for the AFTER photo series and more information.
Do under-chin injections work as well as a necklift?
- When it comes to choosing a non-surgical option vs a face surgery option, such as a neck lift, it really depends on the patient’s BMI, neck skin laxity vs collagen levels, fat distribution and overall health.
- Surgery can often create a more dramatic difference than a non-surgical option, but involves more complex procedures and a longer healing and recovery time.
- But even with this excellent non-surgical option to reduce a double chin, you may notice good effects on your profile (front and side).
Commonly, after you heal from your double-chin reduction injections, you will hear this comment: “you look like you’ve lost weight” simply as the double chin appearance is reduced and the jawline contours have more clarity.
For more information, phone our COCO RUBY SKIN & ANTI-AGEING CLINIC Patient Care Advisors on (03) 8849 1444 and ask for a consultation.