Anti-Wrinkle Injections and Cosmetic Filler Injections for Men | Melbourne
Anti-Ageing Injectables are a Non-Surgical Option for Males wanting to reduce the appearance of ageing
- Anti-wrinkle injectables can help smooth and relax lines & wrinkles (vs Fillers, which re-volumise)
- They can help rejuvenate & refresh your facial appearance
- With combination strategies, these injections may help reduce effects of ageing and sun damage
- They are best when combined with a sequential skin resurfacing or skin needling program and good skin care regimes
Where do MEN get cosmetic injections the most?
- chins – enhance a weak chin
- forehead (frown lines) – between brows
- eyes or eyebrow area including crow’s feet (sides of eyes/temples)
- near the mouth or marionette lines between nose and corner of the mouth
- nose (nose bridge)
Injectables can can also be used to:
- reduce dark shadows under eyes/tear troughs
- replace moisture (new Skin Booster micro injections)
- enhance key features
- creating a slightly more distinguished chin or jaw line
- reducing neck fat
- adding contours or mild projection to your cheeks or temples or brows
- replacing lost volume in your lips (giving you a subtle, natural looking lip enhancement effect if you have overly thin or thinning lips).
Coco Ruby Skin & Anti Ageing Clinic’s are Melbourne’s premium facial rejuvenation Dermal Clinicians and Injectors providing detailed facial analysis consultation prior to treatment.
- The biggest advantage at Coco Ruby Clinics is that we offer the complete range of facial rejuvenation techniques
- Everything from non-surgical peels, lasers and injectables right through to Eyelid surgery or Facelifts by our experienced plastic surgeons
We have much more than injectables. We have a complete range of tools and techniques to deliver an amazing aesthetic facial result.
In order to look your best and get the best possible results from your anti-ageing efforts please book a facial consultation with our aesthetic medicine consultant, Dr Tina Purdon, or for lasers, men’s facials and other skin care, contact us for a recommendation of one of our Dermal Clinicians.
Am I a good Candidate for Injection Treatments?
- Do your facial wrinkles or skin spots make you look older than how you feel inside?
- Do you have facial lines, crows feet, deep forehead lines or deep wrinkle troughs?
- Are you wanting to reduce the lines on your forehead?
- Is your skin looking as youthful as you would like?
If your family or friends suggest that you look chronically tired, our Coco Ruby Skin & Injectables Team can help you smooth out the appearance of deep lines and forehead wrinkles to help you regain an improved, smoother complexion.
They use high quality anti-wrinkle injections and experienced injection approaches – or complementary laser treatments such as Laser Genesis, DOT Therapy or Fraxel – to get you smoother, younger looking skin.
What Cosmetic Injections do Men need most?
- Looking tired? Under-eye shadowing or eye bags?
- You may need tear-trough filler (under-eyelid dermal volumisers) to correct hollowing under eyes (under eye circles or skin shadowing)
- OR consider an eyelid surgery called upper or lower Blepharoplasty
- Look sad?
- Consider injectables corrections to brow area, eyes or mouth
- You might also benefit a lower eyelid surgery, facelift, necklift or a brow lift
- Look gaunt, including after weight loss or after prepping for a Marathon?
- You may need filler to cheeks/jaw to re-inflate
- Look angry/mean?
- You may need correction of lines between the eyes or
- drooping eyelid reduction
- smile enhancements (lip filler or lip wrinkle reductions)
- Jawline or chin ill-defined?
- Try a chin augmentation surgery OR chin filler injections
- Look into fat-reduction under the jawline (double chin injections)
- Sweat too much?
- You may want to try hyperhydrosis treatments using relaxant injectables
- Ask us for more information.
How faces age
Read more: TYPES of WRINKLES
There are wrinkles -and then there are wrinkles!
- Static wrinkles occur as a normal consequence of ageing of the skin (lost collagen and reduced circulation) and facial lines that result from sagging skin or repeated expressions.
- Sleep wrinkles can be caused by lying on the side of your face whilst sleeping. These can show up as oblique lines across your cheeks.
- Dynamic wrinkles are caused by the repeated use of the muscles of facial expression, and initially show up only as you make certain expressions, but eventually become somewhat ingrained (they are worse when you frown or smile but they eventually show up no matter what facial expression you are making).
There are many types of wrinkles. These include horizontal forehead wrinkles, vertical wrinkles above the nose between the eyebrows, and horizontal lines etched across the bridge of your nose or down the sides of the upper part of your nose.
Then there are the so-called ‘crows feet’ at the corners of the eye, the wrinkles of the lower eyelid.
It should be noted that these wrinkles occur in the upper face which is the most common area of complaint.
One notable exception is the down-sloping grooves at each corner of the mouth. This is due to over action or repeated action of muscles that depress the corners of the mouth in a downward direction.
Injectable Muscle Relaxants can be used to Treat or Prevent Wrinkles and significantly reduce
- Frown lines
- Brow heaviness
- Forehead lines
- Crows feet repair
- Chin Dimpling
- Nasolabial folds
Additional Treatment Options using Injectables
- Hyperhydrosis treatments for excessive sweating
- Teeth Grinding
How do Anti Wrinkle Injections work?
- Anti wrinkle injections work on relaxing the dynamic muscles that are responsible for wrinkle formation.
- A purified natural protein is injected in to the area which binds to parts of the muscle that normally receive signals from nerve endings.
- This allows the muscle to relax, reducing the skin creases or wrinkles that is normally produced by the persistent contraction of these muscles.
- The active ingredient is derived from bacteria in sterile laboratory conditions in much the same way as penicillin is manufactured from mold.
- Small amounts are injected in to the skin and this results in relaxation of the muscle movement. This can help to reduce unwanted wrinkles
The effect should be noticeable within a few days or weeks (usually 2 weeks) and repeated sessions may help provide a longer-lasting result. The results are NOT permanent but can reduce visible signs of ageing and reduce other’s perceptions of your age.
Are Anti Wrinkle Injections painful?
- They can be uncomfortable for some patients, but most people find them well-tolerated
- Some patients prefer local anaesthesia to numb the area being injected to maximise comfort during injection treatments
- There is usually a slight sting with the injection(s), however, the vast majority of patients find this to pass quickly and not overly painful; after injections, the area is usually comfortable again, but sometimes tender to the touch or potentially a bit swollen or bruised (this varies)
- This can be covered with a fine mineral powder that is not overly discernible by others
- Any initial transitional pain or redness or bruising passes quickly and can be reduced by finding an injector with a gentle touch INCLUDING one how knows to avoid the many facial nerves
- Avoid unknown practitioners or strip-shopping centre locations as they may not employ real doctors or highly trained nurses – this is NOT a technique you want a beauty therapist or dermal clinician to provide, but rather, a highly trained/skilled medical professional (Doctor, Surgeon or high-level Nurse).
What are possible side effects after Anti Wrinkle Injections?
- Anti-wrinkle injections have been used for several decades for both cosmetic and reconstructive purposes
- Like any medication there is a risk of reactions, but most side effects are minor and readily treated
- One risk, for example, is facial or feature asymmetry and/or muscle laxity, but these tend to be uncommon with experienced injectors and likely to resolve over time
Ask your clinician for the list of potential risks for injections and to assess your personal risks – make an informed treatment decision.
- In the treatment of upper facial lines, the doses that are used are small
- Hence, in most cases, any side effects are temporary, and are limited to where the treatment was injected.
Possible Side effects:
- Swelling or redness at injection site
- Local muscle weakness including drooping of the eyelid or eyebrows
- Tingling sensations
- Itching or aching forehead
- Nausea and flu-like symptoms
When will I see results after Anti Wrinkle Injections?
- Generally people start to see the results within 2-3 days or 2 weeks of their treatments depending on what they had performed
- It can take up to 7 to 14 days to see results, which may last from 3-6 months to 18 months or longer (varying factors determine longevity – ask your Medical Practitioner Injector)
What brand of Anti Wrinkle injections do Coco Ruby use?
- Our skin rejuvenation team can offer your choice of three top brands of high quality muscle relaxants for reducing facial wrinkles and deep lines
- Legally we are not permitted to inform you on line of what these are but you will likely recognise these brand name fillers and wrinkle solutions – we insist on top-quality suppliers
Dermal Fillers vs Wrinkle Injections
- Wrinkle relaxants soften lines and wrinkles.
- Dermal filler injections fill underlying tissues or restore lost volume to provide a firmer underlying structure; this too has a softening or smoothing effect in relation to skin laxity
Injectable dermal fillers are primarily used cosmetically to add subtle volume to improve the contours of facial features, or to restore underlying skin support structures.
These techniques help restore a more youthful and refreshed appearance.
- These treatments aim to address the volume loss resulting from the normal ageing process, which leads to formation of wrinkles and sagging of facial soft tissue.
- It helps improve the appearance of ‘hollow’ areas of the face that lead to a ageing facial appearance.
- Fillers can enhance your facial features (chin, lips, cheeks, jawlines, brows and around your eyes)
- Filling deep facial lines to reduce hollowing or gummy-looking smiles
- Mid face or cheek re-volumising
Fillers effectively treat medium to deep wrinkles – reducing the appearance of wrinkles (anti wrinkle injections can be used in conjunction)
- Dermal fillers are useful for the treatment of:
- icepick scars
- deep facial divots
- boxcar scars
- unwanted dimples
- lost volume
What brands of fillers do men prefer?
- The latest non-permanent dermal fillers are generally composed of resorb-able non-animal origin substances
- These attract water to the tissues (it’s like moisturising from the inside out) to create firmer, plumper skin
- These solutions are based on substances your body naturally creates, but which decrease with ageing.
Unlike wrinkle injections, Dermal fillers have no muscle-relaxing properties.
There are several permanent dermal fillers available, but we do NOT offer them.
Our team believe that “permanent filler equals permanent problem”.
Avoiding the ‘Filler Face’ Look
- We commonly see patients that have had too much filler injected for far too long, causing an overly inflated look we call “filler face”. A face with the shape of a basketball.
- Please avoid overindulging in fillers and “Filler Face” as one day you may need facial surgery to correct this.
- Your aesthetic injector really needs to know when it’s time to consider plastic cosmetic surgery like an eyelift or mini-facelift.
NOTE: Overuse of Fillers is NOT a solution to avoid facial surgery in the long term.
How much do injectable Anti Wrinkle and Dermal Filler treatments cost?
This really depends on the type of injections or filler and how much you want. Typical starting ranges vary from $350 to up to $2000 or more for a full face treatment and non-surgical facelift approach.
- It’s always best to start with less and add more at a later date if you feel you need it.
- Ask our helpful CocoRuby team for more information and a thorough facial consultation prior to treatment.
Before and After Images
Anti Wrinkle Injections for the eye area
What questions should I ask my injector?
- Who will be doing the actual injecting and what are their qualifications?
- How many clients has your injector treated?
- What special training have they had?
- Which brands of injectables do they use?
- How sterile are their facilities?
- Will there be onsite medical supervision and emergency support?
- Do they provide adequate post-injection instructions for best results?
- Can I view ‘Before and After’ images of patient they have worked with?
- Do you feel they fully understand your aims and expectations?
- What areas of the face does the injector focus on? Some sculpting treatments should be done by a practitioner with specific expertise in that technique.
Injectables checklist: Things to consider before you proceed
- Choose a practitioner who is a qualified medical doctor, or supervised by one, to perform the procedure
- Attend a consultation before committing to the injectables, and ask for a treatment plan to outline how much work you need and how often you’ll need to return
- Consider the ongoing cost of keeping up with the treatments
- Make sure you leave several days after attending your first consultation and before getting injectables to give you time to think about your decision
Our Melbourne team’s most experienced practitioners for Dermal Fillers & Anti-Wrinkle Injectables
The Coco Ruby Difference – What you can expect at our Skin Clinic
- We’ll take your detailed patient history
- We will provide you with a comprehensive consultation
- Together we’ll develop an ongoing plan for your facial revitalisation
- We will tell what we are doing and what to expect (We value education)
- You’ll receive active supervision by a highly trained Aesthetic Doctor or Plastic Surgeon
- Talented injectors with unique artistic ability and talent
- Medical Sterility – we are obsessed with injecting with sterile conditions
- Minimise Pain – numbing creams, newer needles,
- We offer a wide range of dermal filler products from the most popular brands.
- We practice restraint – subtlety pays off – sometimes less filler is more result!
Choose from our highly experienced injectors who use high-quality, undiluted injectable products.
Dr Tina Purdon – Aesthetic Medicine & Injector for the Coco Ruby team
Sandra – Senior Nurse Injector (RN Div 1, Hawthorn)
Send us an enquiry so we can help!