Facial Fillers: The Good, The Bad and the Ugly about PERMANENT Facial Fillers.
Are permanent filler injections really bad for you? Why is it that our top Cosmetic Injectors insist on using only temporary dermal fillers for your facial injections, rather than permanent solutions that might last a lifetime? Read this blog to find out why permanent fillers are a NO GO in our Melbourne Anti-Ageing Clinics.
You’ll also learn why top quality temporary dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections are usually the best choice you can make when you’re wanting to enhance your cheekbones and other facial features, reduce lines, wrinkles and tear troughs, balance out your chin or your jawline and plump up thinning lips.
The Dangers of Permanent Fillers vs Temporary Facial Fillers using an approved temporary-filler-solution based solutions
In an era where the loss of facial volume and wrinkling of facial tissue is cosmetically fixable, many individuals are rapidly embracing the chance to use cosmetic injections to stall – or potentially reverse – some unwanted signs of facial ageing.
When it comes to cosmetic injections, permanent facial fillers may seem appealing, given they supposedly last a life time. However, substances that are permanent can’t easily adjust to the eventual skin and bone changes that will occur with time and ageing processes. Yes, even your facial bones will shrink and atrophy over time. Hence using permanent fillers or permanent cosmetic injections can actually leave you looking ‘quite unusual’ or unappealing in just a few years’ time. With temporary dermal fillers or anti-wrinkle injections, however, the injecting strategy can be altered to suit your natural facial changes over time. In other words, they are more flexible and adaptable to time. And let’s face it – ageing can be stalled and temporarily ‘reversed’ with good facial surgery or injections, but ageing still occurs and our faces and skeletal system WILL change over time. What you really want with cosmetic injections is adaptability and reversibility. That’s why permanent fillers are a no go in our top Melbourne Injecting Clinics. And as our top Injecting Team says, “permanent fillers give people permanent ‘headaches'” – and they don’t mean that literally.
New wrinkles can be targeted with anti-wrinkle injections, and lost volume can be replaced with top quality dermal filler injections, without being restricted to a permanent filler that suddenly looks ‘wrong’ or ‘out of balance’. Plus, there is the added benefit
Cosmetic injections can temporarily avert the natural progression of facial ageing and correct volume loss that would lead to a sunken or wrinkled facial appearance. While you’re at it, you might even want to plump your lips or use dermal filler injections to attain a more pronounced cheekbone area or a firmer chin and jawline.
At one time, permanent fillers gave client’s long-term relief from years of ageing related tissue stress on the their faces. Permanent fillers are not, however, regarded as a safe alternative by all Injectors. Although the thought of NOT having to make the return trip to your Injecting Clinic two or more times a year might sound appealing, the potential pitfalls of permanent fillers are simply not worth the risk.
The Potential Pitfalls of Permanent Fillers
The use of permanent fillers can create unrealistic expectations from people who view it as a cure all; so can temporary fillers. These injections can only do so much, and eventually a surgical approach may be required to get more youthful looking facial contours (such as a Facelift when your jawline starts to sag).
Additionally, the results of permanent fillers can bring great dissatisfaction with clients – there’s no ‘wearing off’ or ‘reversing the fillers’ if your injector makes a mistake or if there is a miscommunication of what you’re wanting from your facial filler injections.
Lip Plumping Injections: Temporary vs Permanent Lip Augmentation
What may seem as the right amount of plumpness for more youthful lips for a woman in her early 40s may simply look over done and “overly enhanced” 10 to 15 years later.
Temporary Fillers are better than Permanent Fillers As they Can Be Adjusted to the Face – and Facial Ageing and Personal Preferences – over time.
Since current dermal fillers are comprised of approved substances that mimic substances occurring naturally in the body, e.g. an approved temporary-filler-solution, few serious challenges are likely to occur over time. Plus, if you don’t like the look, you can reverse it or simply let it wear off over time.
Also, the body may reject or respond unfavorably to permanent fillers, which are made with non-body like substances. Additionally, when permanent fillers are accidentally injected into blood vessels or the “injection danger zones,” they can cause blockages and may lead to serious complications or even worse.
Temporary Fillers based on an approved temporary-filler-solution are the way to go!
In previous years, permanent fillers used silicone or other substances that weren’t naturally occurring in the body. These often had drastically poor results that left many people worse off than when they initially asked for the treatment.
It’s important to remember that injections go directly into the layers of the skin, not into a surgical pocket; hence they really need to blend carefully with the dermal tissues. You also want to be sure your injector knows how to get a good result and avoid the Danger Zones of Injections.
If fillers are injected in the wrong anatomical location, many layers of tissue can, in a sense, atrophy or “die off“ due to its natural environment being compromised from a foreign substance. The permanent fillers are far less likely to mimic the body’s natural cellular makeup than an approved temporary-filler-solution (HA) solution fillers, as HA is actually produced naturally in the body. You can read more on an approved temporary-filler-solution and health in an editorial on Victoria Health’s website.
Temporary Fillers are Better than Permanent Fillers in the view of our Senior Injectors
Because cosmetic injections, whilst increasingly popular, are still a cosmetic procedure that involves penetration of the skin (and hence has potential risks, especially if performed improperly by a less skilled or careless injector), it’s important you choose your Injecting Team very carefully.
This is why we encourage you to choose only a skilled cosmetic injector and an individual who knows that less is more – and that Temporary an approved temporary-filler-solution based Fillers are superior for numerous reasons compared to permanent filler options or even lip augmentation surgery.
We at Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing only have very experienced cosmetic injectors with over 20 years experience in cosmetic injecting, dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections.
Permanent Facial Fillers vs Temporary Facial Fillers: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly about Cosmetic Injections
Why are permanent fillers challenging? Permanent Fillers vs Temporary Fillers (Facial Injections)
- Decision making about fillers: How much is too much or too little? And what area of my face would benefit the most?
Temporary fillers are better as you can adjust them based on how you feel about how you look after getting a particular amount of filler in a certain part of your face.
- Our bodies are composed of moving cells that are ever changing.
Permanent fillers do not allow room for growth nor adjustment or manipulation as the individual changes or as other parts of the face and facial bones begin to atrophy.
- Side effects or rejection of permanent filler substances. The most common side effects with dermal fillers are minimal bruising, slight tenderness and temporary redness over the injection sites. Rarer side effects include prolonged bruising, delayed swellings and even rarer, allergies. But when you add a permanent filler to the dermal layers of your skin, a filler that – unlike an approved temporary-filler-solution fillers (the good quality temporary brands) – you’re adding a substance that is NOT naturally existing in the body. And you’re adding it DIRECTLY to your tissues. With permanent fillers, as you’ve no doubt seen in media horror stories about permanent fillers, you could be left with lumps, bumps and permanent disfigurement.
- Correction capacities of fillers for scars or wrinkles, lines, tear troughs or skin folds. In addition to the correction of moderate to severe wrinkles, fine lines around lips or eyes and skin folds, an approved temporary-filler-solution-based TEMPORARY dermal fillers are also widely used for the correction of scars and for lip enhancement (lip augmentation injections).
- Trial and Error: Is facial enhancement RIGHT for me? Some clients find their body does reject permanent fillers (and for a minor few, the temporary dermal filler injections may not work well or be fully accepted either; however, most healthy patients tolerate temporary dermal filler injections quite well). If you’re the rare person who will react to a filler, you want to be at a reputable clinic with experienced medical staff on hand – and we know just the place! Our Coco Ruby team works alongside some of the top rated Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon in all of Melbourne.
- Facial nodules! One the downside of permanent fillers is that there have been reports that a single injection of a permanent filler can develop foreign body type cells, like nodules, which appear within two to four months after the injections. This is likely a rarer scenario with temporary fillers; but if you used a temporary filler and had a nodule due to too much filler being used by an Injector, come see us and we will see what we can do to help you.
- That’s because we can help correct some dermal nodules that occur if you chose an injector that used too much (excessive volumes) of injected an approved temporary-filler-solution.
And that’s another reason why temporary fillers are the best choice for facial feature augmentation or lip augmentation.
Can you reverse dermal filler injections?
If required, there are methods to help reverse the injections – or you can wait patiently whilst they wear off in less than a year. That’s usually the recommended option, but with permanent fillers, changing the game can be complicated, costly and ineffective if not further disfiguring.
Better yet, instead of seeing us to fix up a problem you incurred using a less skilled injector or a permanent or less quality brand temporary dermal filler, come visit one of our Senior Injectors. Our Injecting Team will take great care with injecting strategies that can help you attain a natural looking, enhanced facial appearance whilst avoiding the top facial injecting danger zones. All with quality brand name temporary fillers (we’re not permitted to print them here, but our Cosmetic Injectors aim to use top quality fillers – some of the best brand names that are available in Melbourne and that you’ll recognise).
We also think it’s a great idea to ASK any injector you choose to see the brand container of what they are using on your face, and if you’re uncertain – take a photo. A quality Injecting Clinician won’t be offended if you ask what brand of dermal fillers or anti-wrinkle solutions they are using on your face. They’ll be delighted that you care enough about your face, and cosmetic injecting results, to ask.
Do your research first to avoid injecting disasters whilst aiming to put your best face forward with cosmetic injections and other facial feature enhancements such as lip augmentation injections.
Facial Injections: Summary of Permanent Cosmetic Injections vs Temporary Dermal Fillers
- Permanent fillers may SOUND appealing as a way to reduce office visits but they are NOT recommended by most Clinicians.
- The likelihood of PERMANENT fillers being permanently satisfying is highly questionable and unlikely.
- Plus, there are far too many risks involved with permanent fillers and our Injectors do NOT recommend them.
- Temporary fillers give you far greater safety and flexibility in the hands of a skilled injector (choose one with at least 15 years of cosmetic injecting experience and ideally 20 or more). Why? A master injector – or a person who has mastered any artistic or occupational pursuit – has worked in a specific industry or field for at least 15 and often 20 to 30 years). Not only are they experienced in getting natural-looking facial injecting results, they are careful to avoid injecting danger zones and they have excellent colleagues they can refer you to when it’s finally time to try a surgical avenue for facial rejuvenation rather than injections.
In fact, our Injectors specifically warn others NOT to use permanent fillers and to be very cautious that whoever you do choose for your injections uses only high quality temporary cosmetic injecting solutions.
- In the end, it must be remembered that our perception of beauty are likely to change a bit over time, especially as your facial features adjust and change with age.
- Permanent fillers give the illusion of something that never ages – such as giving volume to cheekbones or to lips – but they don’t always move and flex as the face ages over time. You could end up looking distorted.
- Overall, we encourage the use of temporary dermal fillers only, or muscle relaxing substances, but only for good candidates who are also in generally good health AND who hold realistic expectation about the potential outcomes.
We want our clients to look beautiful and age in a natural looking way that doesn’t look done – but that doesn’t mean you can’t use fillers to look your best as you age.
We just recommend using TEMPORARY ones made of an approved temporary-filler-solution (HA) based solutions.
If you desire to have aspects of your facial appearance enhanced, tweaked or de-wrinkled, give our Senior Injecting team a call today on (03) 8849 1444. We have Senior Injectors available in Hawthorn and our soon-to-be Williamstown Skin Clinic location.
Send us an enquiry today and find out the difference between TOP QUALITY injection brands and ARTISTIC injecting strategies and the run of the mill injecting done on nearly every corner by people who have only been injecting for a short time.
You’ll be very glad you trusted your face to our professional, highly qualified Senior Injecting Clinicians and Aesthetic Surgeons!