How can you reduce a Double Chin without Surgery?
The new Treatment in Melbourne for Under Chin/Double Chin Fat & Neck Fat Reduction.
Studies have shown that a “double-chin” appearance or a ‘”fatty looking neck” are common concerns for people who want to rejuvenate their facial appearance. Excess fat (sub-mental neck fat), once only treatable by surgical procedures such as a neck lift or neck liposuction, can now be treated with a cosmetic solution injecting procedure that reduces the actual fat cells that lead to a ‘double chin’ appearance. This treatment, formerly available only in the USA, is now TGA approved for availability in Australia as of early 2017. And patients who are unhappy with their ‘double chins’ or ‘fatty looking jawlines’ are keen to learn more about this amazing new treatment.
Double Chin Injections: The Neck Fat Reduction Injection Treatment Sweeping Australia
Please note that this double-chin injection treatment works best on suitable candidates with mild to moderate sub-mental fat under the chin and with good skin elasticity and no contraindications. Not all patients may be suitable for this treatment.
The reason the double chin injectables treatment is so popular is that most people wish their face and neckline was more defined in terms of contours. The trouble is that with ageing and weight changes, people end up with a diagonal neck line which seems to run from their chin to their lower neck – from the front, this looks like a double chin. And from the side…well…it looks like a diagonal neck line which obscures the jawline and leaves one looking either older or heavier than they actually are (or both).
How double chin injections and neck fat reduction works to reduce that double chin appearance.
- A TGA-approved treatment is prepared and administered using micro-fine injections.
- The treatment area is numbed using local anaesthetic or other numbing methods including ice packs.
- A grid is then over-layed onto the treated area and the numbing agents are removed/the area is thoroughly cleansed.
- Injections are then made into the sub-mental fat below the chin
Dr Prav Kumar, an Aesthetic Physician, performs double-chin injection treatments using a TGA approved fat cell reduction solution.
Double Chin Injection Treatment for Fat Reduction – more information about the TGA Approved Double Chin Injectables Solution now available in Australia
- For patient comfort, ICE packs can be applied before or during the treatment. They are also a great idea for after the treatment.
- Injections are made very carefully in the designated treated area and at each session, the number of injections is likely reduced as the fat is reduced in that sub-mental area.
- The under neck injection procedure is repeated at approximately 6 weeks after the first treatment and then again in another 6 weeks.
- Most patients require a minimum of 3 or more treatments, yet every patient is unique and treatments are fully customised.
BEFORE and AFTER Photos of Double Chin treatment using Cosmetic injections for reduction in under chin fat
What it’s like to have the Double Chin Injection Treatment
- The treatment gets excellent results for suitable candidates, but it can be uncomfortable so you’ll want to be prepared, but everyone is different and the second treatment is usually less uncomfortable than the first.
- Initially, there is redness, a sensation of heat and swelling, which can last for several weeks as the treatment takes effect.
- The swelling can look significant at the first treatment but tends to wane for most patients in a few days or weeks, and is typically less the second or third treatment.
- Over time, you will notice a smoother, firmer contour to the tissues under the chin.
BEFORE Double Chin Injections (PHOTO).
Contact us for the AFTER photo series and more information.
- Commonly, after you heal from your double-chin reduction injections, you will hear this comment: “you look like you’ve lost weight” simply as the double chin appearance is reduced and the jawline contours have more clarity.
For more information, phone our COCO RUBY SKIN & ANTI-AGEING CLINIC Patient Care Advisors on (03) 8849 1444 and ask for a consultation with Dr Prav Kumar.