Injections for Double Chin Reduction: Does this new treatment really work on under-chin fat?
Double Chin Reduction Injections now available in Melbourne
In February 2017, injections to help reduce fat cells under the jawline, to achieve a double chin reduction effect, became available in Australia.
Our COCO RUBY Skin & Anti-Ageing Clinic now offers this non-surgical technique to reduce mild to moderate excess fat under the chin, resulting in a more defined, youthful looking under chin area (jawline). Ask about fat reduction treatments for under chin fat reduction, liposuction for body contouring, and dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections for facial rejuvenation.
Under Chin Injections – New Cosmetic Fat Reduction Technique Now Approved in Australia for Facial Rejuvenation
A strong, firm jawline gives a youthful appearance. Today, you can treat excess under-chin fat or mild to moderate under-chin sagging with cosmetic injections, which has been available for some time in the USA and recently approved for use in Australia under another brand (since 2017). These are imported by a quality reputable medical supplier named Allergan (who also supply quality Breast Implants).
If you want a stronger, less puffy-looking under-chin area – in other words, a reduction of what appears to be a ‘double chin’ or fatty neckline – then chin area injections targeting the under jaw and upper neck area may be JUST the non-surgical option you’ve been waiting to arrive in Melbourne.
Offered at our Hawthorn East Clinic, these treatments can help restore a youthful looking neck or jawline by removing fat deposits below the chin. You may be eligible for this treatment if you have mild to moderate submental fat beneath your chin or jawline, and if you prefer a non-surgical method of rejuvenation as opposed to the traditional surgical methods of a neck lift, neck lift combined with liposuction or a lower facelift procedure.
Snapshot of the Treatment for Mild to Moderate Under Chin Fat – Injections to Reduce Double Chin Appearance
Suitable candidates for double chin injections treatments, treating fat under the jawline and chin should be:
- In good health
- No contraindications, no thyroid disorders
- A non-smoker
- Have firm skin with good collagen (not overly lax skin under the jawline)
- Have mild to moderate under-chin fat
Are you a good candidate for Double Chin Injections to Reduce Under-Chin Fat?
If you meet the criteria above, you can request a consultation to be assessed as a suitable candidate for double-chin reduction injections by our Cosmetic Injectors,
Good Injection Candidates for Chin Fat Treatments or other cosmetic injections:
- Good cosmetic injection candidates for the double chin treatment have mild to moderate submental fat under the chin, along with good skin collagen and overall skin health (resiliency).
- Overly lax skin types may not be suited for this procedure, as with less fat under the chin, skin that lacks collagen may look lax in areas where the under-chin fat was reduced by the injections.
Example of a suitable candidate for Double Chin Injections: mild to moderate under-chin fat, without excess skin laxity.
Good vs Unsuitable Candidates for ‘Double-Chin’ Injections
The candidate below would NOT be a suitable candidate for Double Chin Reduction Injections. The reason for this is the high level of under-chin fat, which is typically related to an elevated BMI rather than ageing.
Additionally, the male in the image below would also NOT be a good candidate for under-chin injections to remove a double chin.
The primary concerns in both of these images relate to body weight or Body Mass Index (BMI) and potentially unstable weight trends, which can impact results. In elderly patients or patients with lax skin that lacks collagen and resiliency, removing under chin fat can also lead to unwanted post-treatment appearances of the neck. For best results from injections, you’ll want to be sure your skin is healthy and has good collagen strength (resiliency) so that it doesn’t sag when fat is removed from the under jaw area.
Double Chin Injections to Reduce Under-Chin Sagging and Tighten the Jawline for a more youthful lower face contour
How Double Chin Reduction injection treatments are performed:
- The treatment area is numbed as Physician deems appropriate to reduce discomfort.
- The area is overlayed with a GRID and the treated area is marked (grid marks are removed for areas which are NOT to be treated).
- The patient is informed about how many injections they are going to be given.
- Ice or cold packs may be used between some injections to reduce injection discomfort.
- The treatment is typically repeated approximately 2 more times about 6 weeks apart.
How long does fat reduction under the chin – double chin injection treatments with fat dissolving injection solutions – last?
Each patient is different and results can vary from patient to patient, with results being impacted by a variety of factors.
Long-term pleasing results may be possible when the following criteria are met:
- The patient is a suitable candidate
- The patient understands what the procedure CAN and CANNOT do for their double-chin appearance (reasonable expectations are important)
- The patient maintains a stable weight over time
- The patient has the recommended number of treatments spaced approximately 6 weeks apart or as recommended by the Injecting Physician
- The patient follows the post-treatment protocols carefully
If the above criteria are met and a reduction in under chin/under jawline fat is achieved, then fat reduction under the chin may be considered permanent based on manufacturer & supplier study measurements at the five-year follow-up period.*
* Individual results may vary and life events including health changes, weight gain or weight loss and skin ageing may impact the longevity of results over time.
Is the result from under chin injections to reduce a double chin considered to be a long-lasting improvement in the jawline or under-chin contours?
Over a period of months after appropriate treatment with this fat dissolving solution (acidic in nature), the excess under-chin fat is considered to have been “permanently” reduced in the treated areas, according to the manufacturers of the injected product.
Do you want to reduce your ‘double-chin’ and under-chin or neck area fat?
For more information on under-chin fat reduction using this non-surgical technique, contact our Patient Care Advisors (Michelle) and ask for a consultation at Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing.