Benefits of Dermal Fillers
Dermal filler injections can help you
- reduce facial wrinkles
- plump up your lips
- add more volume to larger facial areas – like your cheeks
What are dermal filler injections?
Dermal filler injection is a procedure that helps to restore facial volume loss and plump up deep lines and folds within the skin.
What does the treatment involve?
Dermal filler injections are non-surgical procedures that involves our specialist doctor or nurse injector injecting gel under your skin. We offer a range of different brands of dermal fillers. The smooth injectable gel is injected below the skin’s surface to “fill-in” wrinkles, “plump-up” small areas such as the lips, and “re-volumise” large areas like the cheeks.The procedure usually takes 15-30 minutes with results that can be seen immediately and most people can resume normal activities immediately after the procedure. For increased comfort during the procedure, some filler products are specifically formulated with local anaesthetic.
How long do dermal filler injections last?
The results of dermal filler injections can last between 8-18 months.
What are the possible side effects?
Dermal fillers have been used for many years, and clinical trials have shown that it is well tolerated. Reported dermal filler side effects include:
- Redness to injection site
- Lumps and bumps
In most cases, these side effects are temporary and should resolve within a week.
NEXT STEP: Book your Initial Consultation
- Email us or Call on (03) 8849 1400 to arrange your rejuvenation consultation appointment.
- Book a consultation with our Aesthetic Physician, Nurse Injector or Dermal Clinician.
Want more information before scheduling your skin consultation?
- Request more information about our rejuvenation procedures – call or contact us
- Attend our FREE Regular Practice Events and meet our Dermal and Cosmetic Team and Plastic Surgeons
Send an enquiry form today or phone (03) 8849 1400 and ask for Michelle (Hawthorn Clinic) or phone (03) 8849 1450 for the Team at Medici Clinic in Berwick.