Do Cosmetic Injections Hurt? What to know about Anti-Wrinkle Injections and Dermal Fillers
Dermal injections (cosmetic dermal fillers) and cosmetic injections to relax or reduce wrinkles are increasingly popular. But do cosmetic injections hurt? Here’s what to know before you go.
- Most injecting clinicians can offer you numbing cream if required. It must be applied at least 45 minutes to 1 hour in advance, however – and using cling-wrap products can sometimes help to keep the cream in place.
- Some of the products have ‘built in’ local anaesthetic, which greatly reduces most discomfort.
- Some Clinicians use pain-blocking types of numbing solution injections prior to the injections – this works a treat!
- The needles or cannulas are micro-fine (super tiny) in diameter – meaning, cosmetic injections are less intrusive and LESS painful than nearly most other types of injections.
- Ice packs or cool packs can be held on the area immediately before the injection, and immediately afterwards, to ease any discomfort – you’ll be surprised how much this helps!
- The skill of your Cosmetic injector for dermal fillers and for cosmetic anti-wrinkle injections or lip plumping injections can make ALL the difference in how much pain you feel during the injections. Typically, with our Senior Injectors, it’s not much discomfort at all – and it’s over with in just a few seconds (it may sting very briefly but it’s usually less uncomfortable than, for example, laser hair removal or plucking).
Ask our Clinicians for more information.
Send an enquiry form today!