Overview of the Brand
Medik8, the true skincare experts target six skin concerns; skin aging, pigmentation, blemishes, recovery, redness as well as pore refinement. Their skincare range comprising of mainly serums and sunscreens is potent in Vitamin C and A which restores, nourishes and protects the skin. The products are designed to target your skin problems while your skin a youthful, glowing appearance.
Their clean care philosophy gives you true results without the need to pile harmful chemicals on your largest organ; that is your skin. It’s never too late to start an impactful and transformative skincare regimen.
Unlike other skincare ranges, you don’t need an entire day to complete your skincare routine. MEDIK8 products will fit into your day to day routine perfectly and give you a youthful glow that you deserve. You get a perfect balance of quick, refreshing and result-oriented experience.
Their ultimate mission is to make skincare simple. Your skin care regimen can be as simple as two products; one for the evening and other for the night. Stunning skin does not have to be complicated and MEDIK8 proves that with simple morning and evening skincare routines.
Our Most Popular Medik8 Products
- Medik8 Balance Moisturiser & Glycolic Acid Activator
- Medik8 Glow Oil
- Medik8 Surface Radiance Cleanse
- Medik8 Hydr8 Day 360
- Medik8 Glow Oil
- Medik8 Surface Radiance Cleanse
- Medik8 Beta Moisturise
- Medik8 Eyelift
- Medik8 Calmwise Colour Correct Redness
- Medik8 Eye Cleanse
- Medik8 Physical Sunscreen 30+
- Medik8 B5 Handcream with SPF 15
- Medik8 beta Gel
- Medik8 Night Eye- with Vitamin A
- Medik8 Retinol Eye Treatment
- Medik8 White Balance Click Oxy R
- Medik8 White Balance Duo – Brightening Day & Night Creams
Our Most Popular Products with Description
Medik8 Balance Moisturiser & Glycolic Acid Activator
This moisturizer is 97% Oil-Free Probiotic Mattifier and comes with AHA surface perfector. This moisturizer balances out the complexion and gives your skin a boost of hydration. The unique blend of prebiotics and probiotics rebalances the skin’s microbe and promotes a healthy and radiant complexion. This product is perfect to use under foundation as it gives off a matte and blemishes free finish.
It is advised to use it twice a day, in the morning and evening. Cleanse your skin thoroughly, apply treatments/serums and then apply a small quantity of moisturizer on your face, neck and décolletage. To purchase this product, click here.
Medik8 Glow Oil
Medik8 glow oil does exactly what it says. The Medik8 glow oil is infused with Vitamin C. It hydrates, restores and repairs the skin. It includes 12 essential oils including cedarwood, bergamot and grapefruit. The serum absorbs beautifully into your skin, it replenishes and revives your skin and gives your skin a radiant and glowing complexion.
The glow oil is rich in omega 3 and 6 and is a blend of 12 essential oils which nourishes and moisturizes your skin. The oil prevents radical damage caused by UV exposure and pollution. Apply 5-6 drops of the oil to the entire face on the clean skin and massage it in to absorb thoroughly. To purchase the product, click here.
Medik8 Surface Radiance Cleanse
Medik8’s best-selling cleanser has an exfoliating AHA/BHA complex which offers a deep cleansing and pore refining experience. It contains a unique blend of mandelic, lactic and salicylic acid which gives you anti-aging benefits, giving you a younger, brighter complexion.
Moisten your face and neck. Take a small amount of cleanser to palm and massage it into your face and neck. Remove it by splashing water on your face and pat dry. To purchase this product, click here.
Medik8 Hydr8 Day 360
This unique, advanced day cream gives 360-degree protection to your skin. This anti-infrared, anti-blue light and the anti-A.G.E technology-infused formula with SPF 30 protects your skin along with providing moisturizing benefits. This ultimate hydrator prevents and repairs free radical damage. This super-light moisturizer absorbs instantly into your skin, reduces fine lines and wrinkles and is a perfect day cream.
Apply it to a freshly cleansed skin during the day. Massage in gentle upward, outward strokes for quick absorption. To purchase this product, click here.
Medik8 Beta Moisturise
Medik8 beta Moisturise is a fragrance and sulphate free moisturizer that mattifies your skin while keeping it hydrated and nourished. The formula includes a combination of prebiotics, probiotics and synergy of effect to give you a blemish-free skin.
It also contains Niacinamide which is a soothing cell-communicating agent. It is responsible for defending and boosting the skin’s natural barrier. Beta Glucan delivers anti-ageing and protection benefits while cinnamon extract promotes cell regeneration. Apply it twice a day on clean skin. Apply it to face, neck and décolletage, avoiding the eye area. To purchase this product, click here.
Medik8 Eyelift tackles all the visible signs of ageing such as fine lines and wrinkles while intensely hydrating your skin in the delicate eye area. It lifts and shapes the look of the eye, giving off an immediate well-rested appearance. A complex of age-defying peptides reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, giving off a bright-eyed look.
Apply a small amount of eyelift around the eye contours, avoiding eyelids and on clean skin. With continued use, your eyes will become visibly younger and brighter. To purchase this product, click here.
Medik8 Calmwise Colour Correct Redness
This miracle product targets visible signs of ageing and redness. It prevents flare-ups and gives instant coverage. The green pigments neutralise redness and give off an even complexion. It contains 0.5% bakuchiol which delivers retinol-like anti-ageing results without irritation.
The Niacinamide and aloe vera soothes and calms the skin and helps keep sensitivity at bay. It also targets thread veins, redness and rosacea. After cleansing, apply it to the skin in the morning and the evening. Use upward, gentle strokes to absorb the product into your skin. To purchase this product, click here.
Medik8 Eye Cleanse
Medik8 Eye Cleanse is a gentle formula which effortlessly removes eye makeup without causing any irritation and dryness. It is one of the best eye makeup removes which has a soothing effect on the lids. It doesn’t cause any dryness and irritation on the delicate eye area.
The key ingredients of the product are Vitamin B5, Hyaluronic Acid, Chamomile & Cornflower. , Vitamin B5 and hyaluronic acid are powerful hydration which replenishes the skin moisture and boosts the growth of your eyelashes. Chamomile and cornflower are great anti-inflammatories which soothe the skin. To purchase this product, click here. To purchase this product, click here.
Medik8 Physical Sunscreen 30+
It is a very powerful sunscreen which provides effective broad-spectrum protection. It is very light and super comfortable for everyday use. The nanoparticles free formula fights all signs of sun aging without leaving any physical residue.
It contains a blend of trusted physical filters, titanium dioxide and zinc oxide which works wonders for protecting skin against the sun. The lightweight formula does not clog pores and makes it ideal for people with sensitive skin types.
Apply the sunscreen to face, neck and décolletage every morning on a cleansed face. To purchase this product, click here.
Medik8 B5 Handcream with SPF 15
Medik8 Hydr8™ B5 Hand Cream SPF 15 is an intensely hydrating moisturizer that offers extensive protection against environmental aggressors. The product is formulated with advanced anti-pollution technology and limits exposure to everyday pollutants. It also protects against UVA and UVB rays.
It is suitable for both young and mature skin. Take a pea-sized amount of the hand cream and apply it to your hands throughout the day whenever you need hydration. To purchase this product, click here.
Medik8 Beta Gel
Medik8 Beta Gel is a powerful formula that fights against acne. It can be used both during the day and night. It can be used underneath the makeup as well. The product contains azelaic and salicylic acids and acts as a gentle exfoliant.
It removes dead skin cells, unclogs pores and improves the overall skin texture, giving it a smooth, refines appearance. To purchase this product, click here.
Medik8 Night Eye – with Vitamin A
Medik8 Night Eye is a rich and fast-absorbing eye cream nourishes the under-eye skin overnight, giving your eyes a youthful appearance in the morning. The product is designed to enhance the regenerative cycle of the skin, resulting in a smooth and firm eye contour.
Our dermatologists recommend teaming it up with vitamin A serums for maximum results. Apply the cream at night with your ring finger. Ideally, team it up with vitamin A serum. To purchase this product, click here.
Medik8 Retinol Eye Treatment
Medik8 Retinol Eye Treatment is an advanced vitamin A night serum which uses a specialised time-release delivery system to improve the delicate skin around the eyes. The serum speeds up the exfoliation process while you sleep.
With continual usage, one can see visible improvement in the overall texture and quality of the skin. It minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, giving you a youthful appearance. Apply it during the night time on clean skin. Use a spatula style applicator to apply the product under your eyes (avoiding eyelids). Gently blend it with your ring finger. To purchase this product, click here.
People also ask
Is Medik8 any good?
- Yes, MEDIK8 is a very effective skincare range with the prime focus on youthful-looking skin. Their simple CSA philosophy makes the world of a difference to your skin which is noticeable by everyone.
How long does Medik8 take to work?
- People usually start to see results within one week. Over six weeks, results are profound and noticeable.
Who owns Medik8?
- Elliot Isaacs, a graduate from The University of Leeds – Pharmacology and Physiology Department and son of a pharmacist has founded and owns Medik8.
What is the best retinol cream over the counter?
- Medik8 entire retinol range is certainly amongst the best over the counter retinol products.
Is Medik8 vegan?
- Yes, since the year 2019, every Medik8 product manufactured is 100% vegan-friendly.
Is Medik8 cruelty-free?
- Yes, Medik8 is cruelty-free and stands 100% against animal testing.
What are liquid peptides?
- It is a jam-packed peptide formula that enables peptides to go into the deep layers of the skin and work their magic.
What does retinol do?
- Retinol reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by boosting collagen production and also works on fading age spots, and smoothens rough patches of skin.
How do you use Medik8 crystal retinal 6?
- After thoroughly cleaning your face at night, apply a small amount of Medik8 crystal retinal 6 to your face, neck and décolletage. Once it absorbs, follow up with a moisturizer.
Is Medik8 clinical skincare?
- Medik8 is a cosmeceutical skincare brand which uses clinical studies to create an effective, results-driven skincare line
What’s better retinol or hyaluronic acid?
- Both have their uses and work wonders for the skin. Hyaluronic acid works on the outer layers of the skin to repair and hydrate. Retinol works on a deeper level, boosting the cell turnover process and collagen production.
Is vitamin C or retinol better?
- Both have different uses. It is generally recommended to apply vitamin C during the day, followed up by sunscreen and retinol at night.
Start with a Skin Care Consultation
Store-bought products in general often don’t penetrate the skin; in other words, they don’t always fully absorb – because your skin doesn’t allow just anything to pass its protective barrier and the ingredients and molecule sizes of products may prevent absorption. That’s where Medik8 skincare jumps in.
Impressed with the Medik8 skincare range but don’t know where to begin? Well, book your facial consultation with our qualified Dermal Skin Therapist today to find out more about our recommended treatments and products.
Send a confidential Enquiry form today. Or phone (03) 8849 1400. Please FOLLOW us on Facebook.
Medik8 Skin Care Products
The Medik8 skin care range: Cosmeceutical “Medical-grade” Skin Care
Your Dermal Clinician can help you choose from a wide range of skin care product options
Treating the skin effectively to resolve a skin concerns – such as ageing, redness or sun damage including hyper-pigmentation or melasma – requires extensive knowledge of anatomy & skin physiology. For best efficacy in relation to your skin problems, products and treatments require thorough knowledge of the interaction between the skin’s layers, topical ingredients and active preparations, and any more intensive treatments you might be wanting to try (such as CO2 Laser DOT Therapy or Laser Genesis to fight the signs of ageing).
Our Team can help you choose the RIGHT products – and cosmeceutical brand – for your skin.
Our Dermal Clinicians and Injecting Team are University-educated about anatomy, physiology and skin health. Our Clinicians also regularly attend intensive training programs to learn about the latest advances in active skin care products and how serums, cleansers and moisturisers interact with the skin.
They believe the right combination of chemical peels, enzyme peels, laser treatments, low-level-light-treatments (LLLT) and at-home skin care regimes can get clients the most noticeable skin care rejuvenation results.
When you schedule a skin care assessment, you’ll get a customised skin care plan to help YOU get your skin to look it’s best.Plus, you’ll be able to get special professional strength skin peels and other skin refining treatments that can help you get your skin looking its best.
The Medik8 Skin Care Line is available from the excellent team at Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing and Plastic Surgeons.
What’s important to know about cosmeceutical skin care or active skin care products:
- Store-bought, over-the-counter skin care products are designed for the mass market, meaning they have to be low-irritant/low active products to suit nearly any skin type.
- In other words, they won’t tend to help much but they won’t harm the skin either.
- Another reason store-bought products include less active ingredients is that they are offered at a lower price points than quality cosmeceutical products.
- Active products – such as available through the Medik8 skin care range – should be used ONLY with advice & usage instructions from a qualified skin care professional
Active ingredients that you want to look for in a good quality skin care product include:
- Anti oxidants – including vitamin C, help to mop up free radicals caused by environmental damage
- Growth factors – a relatively new addition, growth factors help to repair and regenerate skin
- AHA/BHA (alpha-hydroxy acids/beta hydroxy acids) – help to exfoliate and renew the skin
- Zinc/titanium (sunscreen)
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B) – helps to improve skin immunity and cell metabolism
A Professional Skin Assessment is Important for Better Looking Facial Skin
What is the Medik8 Product Line all about?
Medik8 is a high quality, very active product line suitable for the most sensitive skin without compromising efficacy.
It is a myth that a product designed for sensitive skin would be less efficacious just because it is not irritating. Medik8 advances in active selection, delivery systems and mild base formulation means you no longer need to compromise.
The challenge for Medik8 is to make effective ingredients less aggressive without reducing potency. This
is achieved by using:
- Chirally-correct actives
- Professional strength concentration
- Nanosome & liposome technologies (film encapsulation)
- Time release delivery system
- Enhanced penetration
- pH balanced formulae
- Enhanced stability
Medik8 ensures the “bio-availability” of their products, meaning their active ingredients reach the layer of the skin where they are meant to act.
The Medik8 Skin Care Range can help you address common skin concerns
The Medik8 skin care range covers most common skin complaints including:
- wrinkles and lines
- skin texture inconsistencies
- acne and oily skin
- dry skin
- dull looking skin
- frequent skin redness
For a list of available products (shown above), send an enquiry form or phone the clinic on (03) 8849 1400.
Featured Product – Medik8 GentleCleanse:
It is all too easy to make the mistake of using a cleanser that is simply too harsh for your skin, or one that strips your skin of its natural oils, leaving your face feeling dry, tight and dehydrated. As a result, many of us are familiar with the struggle of discovering a cleanser that removes makeup, dirt and impurities without being too harsh.
When it comes to a cleanser, it is always a good bet to stay simple and choose a gentle formula that won’t irritate or dry out your skin. You can then apply spot treatments or other skin care products to problem areas or as a separate step in your routine.
The Medik8 CreamCleanse is typically suitable for every skin type, with gentle ingredients that will leave even the most sensitive skin feeling fresh and glowing.
Why you’ll love Medik8 CreamCleanse:
- Calming and gentle exfoliating cream cleanser with Madelic Acid which works to effectively remove everyday build-up, impurities and make-up, without stripping your skin’s natural, essential moisture.
- Contains a unique blend of nourishing, active ingredients that ensure your skin remains hydrated.
- Gentle, light-weight, sulphate & soap free formula to help calm sensitive skin.
Featured Product – Medik8 Hydr8™ Day 360 SPF 30 Sunscreen:
Many of us know the long list of benefits that daily sunscreen use has on our skin in terms of protection from sun damage and anti-ageing. Although, it can be a struggle to find a good quality sunscreen for your face that doesn’t leave your skin feely oily or cause breakouts.
The lightweight and versatile Medik8 Hydr8 Day Sun protectant with SPF 30 is the perfect on-the-go sunscreen that provided an all-in-one shield to protect & fight against environmental and internal factors that are proven to increase the speed of ageing. The formula for this sunscreen is non-irritating and rich in antioxidants that block both UBA and UVA sun rays for ultimate sun protection.
Why you’ll love Medik8 Hydr8 Day Sunscreen:
- The reinforced Hydr8™ Day 360 SPF 30 combines hydrating and protecting actives with 5 Star UVA, SPF 30, Anti-A.G.E, Anti-IR, Antioxidants and now Anti-Pollution Technology.
- Anti-Ageing ingredients to help prevent the visible signs of ageing, whilst also working to reduce the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles.
- A great ‘two-in-one’ product that works to deeply moisturise your skin, whilst also protecting against free-radicals, harmful UV rays and premature skin ageing effects.
- Formulated free of petroleum-based oils to gently nourish skin without clogging pores.
It is important to note that the products mentioned are suitable for all skin types, although if you suffer from a certain medical or skin condition, you may require slightly different or additional products to help combat your particular issues. If you are unsure about your skin type or are suffering from stubborn skin problems, you should seek professional advice. Our Dermal Clinicians at Coco Ruby will be able to help you diagnose your skin problems and suggest customised treatments and skin care products that will work for you.
Contact us to see which of the Medik8 skin care products will help your skin to look its best.
Please send an Enquiry form for further information or to schedule a facial consult to learn more about Medik8 Skin Care products or any of our other top professional ranges.
We also offer high-tech non-surgical rejuvenation treatments as well as cosmetic injectables.
Phone a Dermal Clinician or Cosmetic Injector during Clinic Hours on (03) 8849 1400.