What’s it like to have Chin Injections to reduce a double chin ? Are double chin injections worth it?
Treating the submental fat beneath your jawline with non-surgical chin injections is one of the latest advances in non-surgical beauty treatments (cosmetic medicine). It involves injecting a prescribed substance beneath the lower jawline using a grid.
Winter Perfect! Chin Sculpting and Fat Reducing Chin Injections
Winter is the perfect time to try our double chin reduction / sculpting treatment.
Hint: You can use your favourite winter scarf to camouflage any residual swelling.
What is the new Double Chin Injection treatment all about, and are under chin injections worth it?
- This treatment is a non-surgical cosmetic injections treatment that reduces fat under the chin area while contouring the jaw/neckline.
- It can help you attain a more sculpted looking jawline area or reduce the double-chin appearance.
How does it work?
- Under chin area injections are administered using a grid to target specific areas of fat beneath the chin.
- The injected substance is a synthetic solution which already naturally occurs in our bodies to break down fat.
- The number of under chin injections used below the jawline/under the chin, and treatment results in that area, can vary from patient to patient.
- The general improvements attainable include a more refined chin line, jawline or neck line due to less fat in that area of the lower face.
- After an initial consultation to discuss the non-surgical treatment and to see if you are a suitable candidate, it may be performed on the same day or at a later stage.
What to expect during your Double Chin Injections treatment.
- One of our fully qualified Clinicians will be performing your treatment.
- This under chin injection treatment is performed in the rooms with local anaesthetic and ice to numb the area.
- After the injections are complete, the area can feel a bit stingy, like a “sunburn” type heat which settles over the day with slight redness of the skin.
- The area will swell and may bruise slightly at the injection sites. In fact, swelling is the sign that the treatment is working. How much will depend on your skin sensitivity – everyone will vary.
- You may also experience a jiggly feeling underneath the chin which can feel a bit odd at first; but is a normal side-effect.
- It is a good idea to work the treatment around any events you may have – that’s what makes this one of the Best Winter Beauty Treatments available in Melbourne.
Am I a good candidate for under chin fat reduction injections – or is a necklift better?
Not all patients will be suitable for this jawline enhancing, double chin reduction injections treatment. But we will give you our honest professional opinion on what treatment(s) will serve your needs best, and which options we’d recommend. It’s important that you understand the process, down time, risks and results possibilities, including variance between patients – so keep your expectations realistic and find out more by giving us a call on (03) 8849 1444. Ask us for our Facial Rejuvenation Guide or browse freely downloadable cosmetic treatments and plastic surgery guides.
We want you to feel as comfortable as possible, before, during and after your injection treatment.
If you would like to know more about the Under Chin Fat Reduction Injection Treatment option, we would love to hear from you. Our patient liaison team will be happy to advise you after a short chat. Please call 8849 1444 or email
COST of fat reduction/double chin injection treatments in Melbourne
How much does under chin injection treatments cost (fat reduction/double chin injection treatments) – Prices
- Costs vary depending on where you’re starting and what you need
- We give you a quote during your assessment, but depending on your results, your treatment may be modified (most patients need a minimum of 3 treatments to have optimal results, but this can vary)
- $1500 per treatment (2 vials) or $2000 (3 vials) – most patients need 2 vials per treatment.
How many under chin injection treatments do I need?
- Most patients have between 2 and 5 treatments, 4 – 6 weeks apart.
How long are chin injection treatment results expected to last?
- Data so far has shown that there is no need to have recurring treatments like other injectables.
- The initial fat cells that have been treated are permanently destroyed, however with weight gain, other fat cells may expand to compensate.
Are double chin injections worth it?
- According to reviews of double chin injection treatments on Real Self, most patients are delighted with their results.
- But it’s important to remember to keep your expectations realistic, and that results can vary from patient to patient.
- There are risks, and if your skin is sagging excessively or your platysma bands are very visible, this may become more noticeable if you try to reduce the under chin fat.
Image supplied by Allergan, the supplier of the injectables solution for treating a double chin (submental fat) with a series of fat dissolving injections.
Your injector will give you details during a no-obligation consultation, so be sure you ask every question you have, and voice any of your concerns, before you proceed.
What is the downtime/recovery for fat reduction injections (double chin treatments)?
- Results will vary from patient to patient however, you will feel swelling and discomfort for 1 to 12 days.
- You can still work, eat and act as you normally would but we recommend no exercising for 24 hours post treatment.
- Using ice on the area can help swelling subside and ease discomfort.
Wearing a nice scarf or turtleneck is an easy way to cover the area until the swelling goes down.
We don’t want you to be house bound.
Why Winter is the perfect time for double chin injections or chin augmentation.