What is a Dermal Clinician?
Dermal Clinicians help people have better-looking skin.
Dermal Clinicians are skincare experts who perform facials and skincare consultation. They help clients understand which facials, skin peels, serums, cleansers, moisturisers, lasers, skin needling and light-based treatments will help a client to get their skin looking smoother, less wrinkled and more radiant or vibrant.
Dermal Clinicians have expertise in helping people get their skin concerns handled through a combination of at-home skincare, in-clinic treatments and a holistic approach. A Dermal Clinician will focus on skin improvement treatments and non-surgical skin treatments and products, They also assist patients with home-care product management for reducing acute or chronic skin complaints or skin disorders, such as acne, rosacea and Melasma pigmentation problems.
Our Dermal Clinicians tend to treat issues such as post-surgery scars or scars from acne or accidents, active acne and blackheads, skin dryness or an overproduction of serum (oily skin), deep skin wrinkles or lines, sun damage, pigmentation (including Melasma and sun-damage), aged spots, freckles, enlarged pore textures and more.
What makes a Dermal Clinician the GO TO person for managing your skin care?
- A Dermal Clinician helps people learn to improve and manage their skin conditions, every single day.
- With extensive skin biology, anatomy and physiology knowledge, Dermal Clinicians also understand the lymphatic, cardiovascular and endocrine systems that impact the skin’s appearance and skin health.
- A Dermal Clinician knows how the integumentary system can be impacted; and how to help you look at your skin and your skin health from a holistic perspective involving facials and at-home skin care and skin peel regimes.
- They can help you know which products will actually WORK for you – and which ones are a waste of money.
- Buy Obagi, PCA or other products online – shop now or phone us to arrange for a consultation to find out what you need in relation to your primary skin complaints, such as acne, dryness, discolouration or textural concerns and scars.
Dermal Clinicians work to help YOU get your skin looking radiant, smoother and more luminous (and less problematic).
- Most importantly, Dermal Clinicians can assess and manage risks associated with tissue interactions and advanced skin-care and facial treatments and laser therapies, to ensure treatments are effective and well-tolerated by consumers.
What education does a Dermal Therapist or Dermal Clinician have?
It can vary somewhat; but often, it will be a 4 year Bachelor Degree or an Advanced Diploma.
As a full member of the Australian Society of Dermal Clinicians (ASDC) a Dermal Clinician has typically studied a Bachelor of Health Science degree focused on Dermal Therapies.
Do I need a Doctor’s Referral to see a Dermal Clinician? – No!
You don’t need a referral to arrange an appointment with a Dermal Clinician; but you will need a Skin Consultation and/or Skin Care Consultation before you can have one of our signature facial treatments such as a skin peel, high-tech laser treatment or light-based facial or scar management session.
- Whilst you may be referred to one of our top Dermal Clinician’s by your Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon or Injecting Nurse, you do NOT need a GP’s referral to see a Dermal Clinician.
- You can phone directly to schedule your first Skin Care consultation on (03) 8849 1444.
Start with a Skin Care & Facial Treatment CONSULTATION before booking a facial treatment or laser treatment?
Ask us about Canfield REVEAL imaging and how it helps you see what’s going on beneath the outer layers of your skin.
Skin Care Consultations by a Dermal Clinician cost $50 and take 30 to 45 minutes.
If you want to use the REVEAL system, be sure you mention this when you call (03) 8849 1444.
Cosmetic Injecting Consultations with a Cosmetic Doctor cost $150. By appointment only.
After your first Skin Consultation, which may include a Canfield REVEAL imaging assessment of your sun exposure/sun damage, skin pigmentation issues and skin hydration levels – you will be given an individualised treatment plan.
This plan will be fully customised to address your primary skin care and facial appearance concerns – whether that’s removing sun spots, reducing wrinkles or lines, solving pigmentation issues or treating acne or Rosacea. There are very few skin conditions that our Dermal Clinician’s cannot help you to treat or manage using a combination of in-clinic and at-home skin therapies.
And if desired, ask to see a Cosmetic Doctor or Cosmetic Injector to discuss opinions about whether cosmetic injection treatments can help you further reduce the signs of ageing caused by volume loss or skin elasticity losses.
How people discover our leading Melbourne Skin Clinic for Facials, Skin Lasers and Skin Peels and more – as well as Cosmetic Injections and Dermal Fillers.
- About half of our patients find us directly and schedule their first appointment for either a Skin Consultation (Dermal Consultation) which takes 45 minutes – or they book for a Skin Consultation with a treatment option on the day (allow 90 minutes).
- Half of our clients are referred to us by others, including Medical Professionals Cosmetic Surgeons, Plastic Surgeons, Dermatologists, Endocrinologists, General Practitioners, Cosmetic Injectors, Nurses or Facial Plastic Surgeons.
That’s because these professionals may oversee the medical care of certain skin conditions (severe acne or Rosacea or skin cancer removals, for example), but they may not directly offer the wide range of treatments that our Clinician’s can provide.
This collaborative approach ensures patients receive advice and treatment resulting in optimum clinical outcomes; and is excellent for at-home skin care programs to manage different skin conditions.
Top 12 Reasons you’d see a Dermal Clinician
- Sun Damage (Sun Spots or Keratosis)
- Hyperpigmentation or Melasma
- Telangiectasia (visible capillaries)
- Wrinkles and lines (including crow’s feet)
- Minor laxity of facial skin (early signs of ageing)
- Crepey-looking skin or a dull-looking complexion
- Surgical Scar Management
- Acne or blackheads (congested skin)
- Acne Scar Reduction
- Makeup (Camouflage Makeup including Lycogel, Mineral Makeup)
- Cosmeceutical (Medical-Grade) Skin Care Products including Sun Block and Serums
If you want to schedule an appointment or have an enquiry, just send an enquiry form and let us know when it will be best to contact you to help answer your questions.
Or simply call us during clinic hours on (03) 8849 1444 and ask to have a consultation with a Dermal Clinician.
Top Melbourne location – our Dermal Clinicians are available at our Hawthorn East Clinic in Melbourne’s inner east nearby to Camberwell, Richmond, Balwyn, Auburn, Glen Iris and Kew.
Our Coco Ruby Team looks forward to assisting you to get your skin feeling, looking and presenting at its best.