Liquid Facelift or the Lunchtime Facelift – Facial Rejuvenation with Dermal Fillers
As you age, you may notice deeper wrinkles on your face or a loss of volume to your cheeks and lips. ‘Wrinkles and lines on your face also appear more pronounced over time. If you’re not quite ready for facial surgery yet, but want to rejuvenate your facial appearance as an interim measure – you might consider a liquid facelift. A “liquid facelift” is a procedure that uses non-permanent (temporary) high-quality dermal fillers. The treatment is typically performed by an Injecting Nurse or Aesthetic Physician. Facial areas where you have lost volume or have unwanted wrinkles are essentially ‘plumped’ and lifted by the filler injections. This is really helpful to replace lost facial volume.
Download our Free 20 page Injectables Guide today for everything you want to know about Treatments in Melbourne
A liquid face-lift with an experienced injector can give you a very natural look. You’ll have a noticeable improvement in your appearance…so you’ll look better but you won’t look ‘over-done.’
The best part of a Liquid Facelift – rejuvenating results with little downtime
- There is little to no downtime with a liquid facelift
- Patients sometimes undertake the procedure during their lunch hour OR after work
- It’s relatively long-lasting for a temporary procedure, depending on the injections
- For some dermal volumiser (filler) patients, results can last for about 12-18 months.
- Some results are immediate and other outcomes involve gradual improvements over the first few weeks after treatment
- You’ll often sense that you look a bit younger and fresher – wrinkles are reduced & features enhanced
- You’ll often have slightly enhanced cheekbones, more luscious lips or a more defined jawline than you did before your treatment
What to expect:
- Every patient reacts a bit differently and a full history will be taken before your treatment
- You may experience mild swelling for a few days after the procedure.
- You might experience a bit of skin redness and occasionally slight bruising in the area of your injections
So it’s best to book in your dermal volumising treatment a few weeks prior to any big events you’ll be attending.
Lost volume in the face (temples, mouth and cheek areas in particular) along with sagging facial skin is extremely ageing to the overall appearance.
Limitations of a Liquid Facelift
Dermal volumisers (injectable fillers) might be an ideal treatment for some; but the results are temporary. The treatment lasts around six to twelve months and sometimes up to 18 months for some patients.
Additionally, a liquid facelift will not address the problem of excess, very saggy skin. If your skin has excess laxity, you may need a face lift, neck lift or other facial rejuvenation surgery to get the results you desire.
Consider Fat Grafting to the Face (Autologous Fat Transfer)
Another treatment choice for facial enhancement is fat grafting, sometimes referred to as microfat grafting or Fat Transfer. Fat Grafting procedures can provide fullness to your lips, cheeks, hollowed upper or lower eyelids and can fill lines and wrinkles on your face. The advantages of fat grafting are that your own fat is used, rather than a product, and the results you get from fat grafting can potentially be longer lasting. However, it is a more complex procedure and will typically have longer downtime than a liquid facial.
- More about Facelift Surgery – See Facelift Surgery Melbourne & Facelift Surgery Sydney
- Read our related Plastic Surgery Blogs and our Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing Blogs including:
Or Send us a confidential enquiry or call on (03) 8849 1400 to arrange your Confidential Consultation with one of our Coco Ruby team’s Senior Injectors or Aesthetic Physician.