Hottest Facial Rejuvenation Trends
Everybody aims to look our best, knowing that it impacts our self-esteem, job opportunities and partner choices, it’s important you stay up to date with the latest cosmetic treatment and non-surgical trends. So here are the hottest facial rejuvenation trends and some skin rejuvenation tips too.
Download your Free 18 page Guide to Facial Rejuvenation treatments in Melbourne
Rejuvenation Trend #1: Slow down the clock before your skin looks very aged
What we’re seeing for Facial Rejuvenation at our Coco Ruby Skin Clinic in Melbourne.
- People aren’t waiting to treat wrinkles until they’re VERY, VERY deep and noticeable.
- They are getting wrinkle-relaxing injections when they first spot them. – Taking Early action on wrinkles.
- So a proactive approach, which appears to be a good solution, is becoming popular as a preventative vs treatment approach.
If you wait too long, when you have very ingrained wrinkles or deep lines, it can take well over a year or more to smooth them out (and several treatments). You might even need a deep peel or resurfacing laser.
But if you prevent them from getting worse, by choosing a quality injecting strategy and maintaining your results in a timely manner, you might just keep hearing compliments about ‘how you appear to have not aged overly much’ in recent years.
Summary: You can’t turn back the clock, of course – but you can certainly slow it down.
Rejuvenation Trend #2: Enough is Enough – and LESS is MORE!
Patients are aiming to AVOID the over-filled OR frozen forehead look.
- Too much of a good thing was a problem for some consumers and injectors alike, leading to a frightening phenomenon
- Over-filled faces or protruding, duck-like or puffer-fish style lips were usually a sign of an unskilled cosmetic injector
- OR a sign of a client who insisted they wanted more, to the point they ended up looking ‘museum worthy freaky’
Of the top trends, Cosmetic Injectors and patients alike are wanting SMALLER amounts of Lip Filler and Cheek Filler, as well as muscle relaxer injections, at each injecting session.
The over-filled phenomenon of these puffy looking faces, when we saw increases in trout-mouth lip sizes over the past few years, was fed by filler-injection obsessions.
Even celebrities fell prey to the ‘over-filled face’ or ‘lip-filler-gone-mental’ syndrome.
- Photos of results from over-filler syndromes frightened both media and masses alike
- Clients finally learned that less is more and we are noticing they are finally adapting to the benefits of ‘everything in moderation, including lip augmentation using fillers)
- And people are becoming aware that cheap lip filler products are not the same as quality brand items that look, and feel, soft and natural rather than fake or firm
- The solution to avoiding over-filling of lips, cheeks or temples using dermal fillers is to use smaller amounts per session; wait a few weeks until the treatment matures (both filler and muscle relaxers take a few weeks to settle fully), then going again.
Permanent fillers have always been a NO NO (permanent fillers, permanent problems). So you will still require top ups – but having less filler volume at an injecting session simply means you’ll avoid looking unnatural.
At Coco Ruby, we have long provided moderate facial enhancements that remained looking natural.
- We have a good eye for the right amounts of fillers, and where to inject them in order to enhance the aesthetics of a face.
- Meaning, we are adept injectors who know how much to use (and where to use it) to restore a more youthful appearance or enhance the cheeks and lips.
But we have long advised clients that it was typically best to return for top-ups a few times, if needed, as opposed to risking getting too much filler or wrinkle relaxers at once.
- But some people simply DO have difficulty recognising when enough is enough of cheek filler or lip fillers, because, let’s face it – the right amount looks so good, it’s easy to fall for ‘more is more.’ (Word of caution: Don’t!).
- We also warned individuals about fake, counterfeit filler products being used in Australia at discount-driven clinics, and facial filler danger zones.
- (You’d be wise to also read the Hidden Dangers of Flying too soon after getting facial fillers).
The scary photos of over-filled lips and puffed-out cheeks are having an effect. The message LESS is MORE is finally getting through for cosmetic injections.
- The public is starting to pay heed to moderation with facial injections.
- So expect to see more reasonable filler use and less frozen foreheads in people who get cosmetic injections.
- Unless, of course, they keep going to the wrong injector or have their magnifying mirror turned towards the reduction side.
Summary: Skilled injectors will be harder to find as more people enter the injecting market, but they are worth seeking out. We’re proud that our Cosmetic Injectors at Coco Ruby in Melbourne are:
- highly skilled
- well trained and
- have nearly 20 years of advanced injecting experience for clients
They also work with some of Melbourne’s top Plastic Surgeons for surgical facial rejuvenation as well as body contouring and liposuction.
Rejuvenation Trend #3: High-Resolution Imaging of Facial Structures and Skin Health will be increasingly used in facial rejuvenation planning
Imaging technology is reaching new heights. When it comes to improving appearances, there’s nothing like visualising the underlying structures – and potential changes that might be made – when choosing a particular facial beauty treatment or cosmetic procedure, surgical or otherwise.
More and more, 3D imaging of the face (and body) via Vectra 3D Imaging or Crisalix 3D Imaging, is going to be used for facial rejuvenation and cosmetic injection planning.
- Combined surgical and non-surgical procedures are getting clients their best improvements
- Each has a certain benefit, but it’s the artistry of combining procedures (eyelid lifts with crows-feet injections, for example, or under eye tear trough fillers) that is leading the way in facial rejuvenation treatments
So we are going to be hearing a lot more about imaging technology and 3D imaging to analyse the face.
What is 3D imaging?
- It’s a 2D photo taking technology that then combines multiple photo frames from different angles, into a 3D style image
- It allows you to see the facial dimensions and relationships of the face
- It’s mostly used for Vectra 3D imaging of the face, e.g., for planning facial surgery such as a Nose Job or a Facelift or Neck lift.
- It’s also used for Breast Augmentation or breast lift and breast reduction surgery, and can be very helpful in helping patients visualise their potential results from plastic surgery
- Like all planning tools for cosmetic surgery, these technologies are helpful visual aids.
- But they are not fully predictive, because surgery is complex and people’s healing, as well as their skin and surgery recovery responses, are varied and somewhat not fully predictable.
While it’s NOT yet being overly used for NON-Surgical rejuvenation treatments of the face, we anticipate the Vectra technologies WILL become used for injections, and combined facial rejuvenation treatments, in the near future.
It may eventually be very useful for patients who want to undertake a liquid rhinoplasty (vs a surgical rhinoplasty) under-chin fat reduction injections to reduce the ‘double chin’ appearance OR who might be better off getting a facelift and neck lift procedure.
HOT Non-Surgical Treatments can now do so much, with so little DOWNTIME.
Non-Surgical treatments and in-clinic cosmetic procedures are growing rapidly. The figures from last year show they are becoming increasingly popular across a wide age range, and more men are increasingly jumping on the skin care and anti-wrinkles injectables wagon. So why are non-surgical approaches becoming more common than they were just a few years ago? What are the Hot Non-Surgical Treatments?
Why are Non-Surgical Treatments so popular?
The rise of the every-day selfie is one reason people care more about how they look these days. Let’s face it, cameras are on our phones and are phones come with us EVERYWHERE. Who can resist a sneaky selfie in the bathroom mirror when they think they’re looking good?
And then..the dreaded moment when we notice our parents face is staring back at us in the mirror – or that we now have crow’s feet, lip lines and marionette wrinkles forming?
Top Reasons Non Surgical Treatments are HOT
Social media and selfies – we see more of ourselves in photos than we ever have before.
We want the REAL LIFE way of reducing wrinkles, lines and sun damage (not just via Photo editing programs like photoshop or iPhone and Samsung filters).
Celebrity “Tell Alls” about cosmetic procedures (cosmetic treatments are not only NOT KEPT a secret anymore, they are something celebrities are constantly bragging about online!)
New technologies and new methods of combining treatments as technology evolves in a science-savvy beauty industry.
We live in Australia, where the sun is harsh and ages us 10 years faster than it ages our northern hemisphere counterparts.
Dermal Fillers and Muscle Relaxers are also now being used in new and exciting ways
Good injectors have advanced their strategies for using dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle solutions to help sculpt the face and reduce facial appearance concerns. And mostly without cosmetic facial surgery for many patients.
What are the HOT Non-Surgical treatments? (cosmetic treatments)
1. Anti-Ageing Injection Treatments were most popular (reducing lines and wrinkles)
2. Dermal Fillers and Lip Fillers came second (enhancing features or helping in the facial rejuvenation)
3. Liquid Facelift – Injectable Augmentation of Chins, lips, cheeks and temples
Facial sculpting by injections is now becoming increasingly possible. “And whilst the best injectors give each person a natural look, without drastically changing their original face, a subtle enhancement can make the world of difference in appearance,” notes Maven, Melbourne’s skincare and cosmetic injecting blogger.
The “liquid facelift” of cosmetic injections combines both methods to rejuvenate the face (anti-wrinkle injections and dermal fillers to augment the facial features including chins, lips, cheeks and temples).
4. Double Chin Fat Reduction Options
- Under Chin Injections can reduce fat under the chin
5. Combination treatments are HOT
We also believe that the importance of combined approaches will become de rigueur for people wanting to look their best and stay young looking for longer. That means that people will actually opt for ‘healthy, glowing skin’ plan approaches rather than ad hoc facial treatments or once a year top-ups.
The yearly approach to skincare might see you getting a Fraxel series in Winter, low-level light therapy in summer, Collagen Induction treatments in Spring and Autumn, and dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections a few times each year.
6. Goodbye Overfilled Cheeks –
More thought will be given to anatomy and facial balance during injection treatments, using subtler injecting approaches and avoiding the ‘overfilled cheek’ look
Let’s face it, we all see a lot of overfilled lips and cheeks out there. There is “too much volume” being given by less experienced Clinicians (it’s also called Filler Fatigue). But at Coco Ruby, we’ve always taken a conservative approach to get natural-looking enhancements.
We think that others in the industry will follow our lead. And, that others will start using our methods to achieve a natural-looking outcome that never looks ‘overdone.’. If you’re an injector, email us and we’ll invite you to our quarterly industry events.
7. Dermamelan treatment for Melasma and other forms of pigmentation and sun damage treatments
You can’t turn back the clock or remedy extensive sun damage over decades. But there’s a LOT we can now do to rejuvenate the skin.
Science that allows us to monitor changes at deeper layers of the skin will continue to lead to new methods and products.
We also believe that the effectiveness of Dermamelan for treating MELASMA (as shown below) is going to become increasingly sought after by women who struggled for years to no avail. YES, you heard it here first: this treatment can greatly reduce Melasma and leave your skin looking fresh and bright.
8. Have an Annual Maintenance Plan. Combination approaches to skincare will become more popular. And, people will look at YEARLY plans rather than ad-hoc facial treatments.
These include skincare resurfacing and at-home care. It also includes in-clinic treatments such as Collagen Induction Therapy, low-level light treatments such as Healite II, dermal fillers, and anti-wrinkle cosmetic injections. We believe the combination of treatments and at-home care will become more of a Beauty Sequence approach. This may even replace the typical ad hoc approach.
Skin Rejuvenation Treatments & Tips: Six Reasons You Should Consider Skin Rejuvenation Plan
Your skin can suffer from many different types of irregularities. These can be either due to ageing or perhaps a genetic trait that runs in your family. These might include acne, pigmentation that leaves your face blotchy – or even seemingly never-ending freckles on your skin. If you suffer from deepening wrinkles and lines, under-eye bags, diminishing cheekbones and the dreaded sagging eyelid or brow. Skin rejuvenation treatments are increasingly popular to regain smoother, stronger and healthier-looking skin – but there are so many available now you can really benefit from the expertise of a Dermal Clinician.
Sometimes plastic surgery is your most effective option, but there’s a lot you can do for skin that has been sun-damaged or is simply not looking its best. Read on to find out why you should try some of the latest non-surgical skin-rejuvenation treatments provided at Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing.
You can reduce skin irregularities more than you might realise by using some of the latest skin rejuvenation treatments.
Skin rejuvenation treatments including ‘skin resurfacing’ laser treatments are amazing ways to make your face look clearer, calmer, smoother and more radiant.
The top reasons people seek the latest treatments for skin rejuvenation include seeking:
- a more even skin tone (less blotchy or less pigmented)
- reduced acne, acne scars or sun spots
- refined skin texture to get a more radiant-looking skin appearance
- smooth skin to reduced wrinkles and lines including crow’s feet
- generate collagen for a tighter-feeling, healthier-looking skin over the entire face
- resolve a recurring skin concern such as skin dryness, skin laxity or facial redness
Six Reasons to try one of the latest skin rejuvenation options?
Here are the conditions that can be commonly treated with different skin rejuvenation procedures.
Reason #1: Skin pigmentation including Sun Damage, freckles and ‘sun spots’
- If your skin is prone to pigmentation, these likely begin to show up in your 30s and 40s and 50s. These include things like freckles and age spots. This is due to your cumulative skin exposure to the harmful UV rays of the sun.
- If you hate having freckles, you can actually reduce them
- Treatments to ask your Dermal Clinician about: Fraxel, Laser Genesis or DOT Therapy, topical solutions for pigmentation (ask about the Medik8 and Obagi lines)
Reason #2: Current Acne or Prior Acne that has left scars
- If your skin is acne-prone, it may lead to some problems. These can include a chronically inflamed, red, or angry appearance to the skin
- Acne can leave behind pitted scars or discolouration of your skin as blemishes heal
- Blemishes can leave an uneven surface or rough-looking texture to the skin
- Treatments to ask your Dermal Clinician about: chemical peels, enzyme peels, low-level light therapy, DOT Therapy, Fraxel, Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) using DermaPen
Reason #3: Skin Laxity and Collagen Reduction due to ageing
- If your skin has begun to lose collagen, it can start to look loose. It can also lead to your skin appearing lax and saggy.
- Loose skin tends to emphasise wrinkles and lines on the face and around the eye and lip area
- Treatments to ask your Dermal Clinician about: Fillers to replace lost facial volume, and Low-Level Light Therapy (LLLT) or Healite II, DOT Therapy or Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) skin tightening treatments that help stimulate the collagen growth far beneath the surface of the skin; these therapies can help tighten and rejuvenate your skin, as well as reduce your fine lines and crow’s feet; for sagging lids, ask about your non-surgical and surgical options such as an Eyelid Lift procedure by a Specialist Plastic Surgeon.
Reason #4: Visible Capillaries or damaged blood vessels
- People who have blood vessels visible on their skin may not consider it a big problem at first. But these can eventually result in skin lesions or general redness of the face.
- Consult with a Dermal Clinician as to your options for reducing red marks and capillaries
Reason #5: Crow’s Feet and Wrinkles
- Wrinkles are a part of our Australian lives by the time most of us hit the age of 30
- Lines and crow’s feet thanks to a love for the sun and the intensity of the sun’s damaging rays
- Depending on the severity or depth of the wrinkles and lines
- Treatments to ask your Dermal Clinician about: Dermal Fillers, Active skincare products (with retinoids or vitamin a/c ingredients, quality sun block
Reason #6: Redness or Rosacea
- Some people have a chronically ruddy-looking or red-flushed skin tone due to either using the wrong products or to a genetic trait such as Rosacea (or both)
- Reactive skin needs special in-Clinic treatments and at-home skincare regimes to manage the condition and calm and soothe the skin
- Treatments to ask your Dermal Clinician about: anti-redness serums, gentle enzyme peels, low-level light therapy (LLLT) such as Healite II
It’s difficult to self-assess what specific skin rejuvenation treatment will be in your skin’s best interest, without a skin assessment. Ideally, imaging using the Canfield Reveal equipment should be used as well.
We would love to help you get your skin looking and feeling it’s very best. Our clinicians take a holistic approach to treatment. We also have a variety of lasers, light modalities and skin peels to offer clients of all skin types. Whether it’s acne you’re wanting to be treated or a host of wrinkles, we can help.
- Benefit from the latest in skin treatment technologies, injectable strategies and top-rated lasers and peels.
- Get injections AND skincare treatments all under one roof (with a great location in Melbourne: Hawthorn East).
- Meet or consult with our onsite Plastic Surgeons. You can meet with our Eyelid Surgeons if you need surgical support, as well. We can help you fully rejuvenate your skin, face, breasts or body.
Phone us on (03) 8849 1400 or send an enquiry form to schedule your skin assessment to see if you’re a suitable candidate for these procedures.
A skin assessment can help you know:
- which professional skin rejuvenation treatments can help your specific skin concerns
- what you should be using at home for your skincare regime
- whether or not the products you currently use at home are suitable for your skin. OR, if you should replace them when you run out (or sooner)
- what combination of treatments will get your skin a healthy-looking texture and glow – and how to maintain that
- how to fight ageing including whether you might benefit from meeting with either an Injecting Clinician or Plastic Surgeon (or both) to get an overall rejuvenation effect (depends on a combination of factors including genetics, sun damage, degree of skin laxity, pigmentation issues)
Want top-quality skincare or facial treatments and injections?
Call us today to book an appointment. Phone (03) 8849 1400