Do you suffer from flaky skin or dry skin …..? Here are some solutions
Some medical conditions, as well as ageing, lead to drier skin. If you have dry, flaky skin, psoriasis or eczema, there are some products and in-clinic solutions that may help. Ask to visit with one of our Dermal Clinicians, who can guide you on home care systems and in-clinic treatments to reduce the dryness of your skin. Exfoliation treatments can also help. But to reduce the flakyness of skin, and improve moisture levels, you’ll need to have a consistent, integrated approach. This means the right products at home, good hydration (water intake) and nutrition, and occasionally, certain supplements or nutrients (vitamin C) or topical solutions (vitamins B, A or C) can help.
Common Causes of Dry Skin & Flaky Skin include:
- Excessive Sun exposure
- Radiation treatments and chemotherapy treatments
- Medications that cause sun sensitivity or skin dryness
- Dehydration or Kidney Damage
- Medical Conditions including Diabetes
- Smoking (leads to deep wrinkles and lines as well, particularly vertical lines above the lips)
- Environmental factors
- Chemical Exposures and Pollutions
- Air Conditioners (particularly heaters)
- Heat and Smoke exposure from open fires
- Other skin conditions or medical conditions including:
If you want to rejuvenate your face and skin cells, you should come see our Coco Ruby team to try the latest in low level light therapy, skin peels/facials and laser treatments (DOT Therapy or FRAXEL) with our Coco Ruby Dermal Clinician Team.
Nearly all of your skin care and skin health appearance needs can be improved in ONE place, via our Plastic Surgeons and our Non-Surgical Team.
How we can help you with dry skin problems or flaky skin.
What makes our Melbourne Team and our Anti-Ageing Solutions special
Non-surgical solutions and FACIAL treatments for skin rejuvenation
- Scar revisions using laser or light based treatments
- Dermapen Collagen Induction Therapy/Microneedling
- Facial & Skin rejuvenation including FACIAL PEELS, deep chemical peels, laser resurfacing
- Vaginal Revitalisation (Post-menopause vaginal laser treatments) using Mona Lisa Touch vaginal lasers
- Anti-ageing procedures including Cosmetic Injectables to reduce forehead wrinkles, crows feet
- Dermal Volumisers (Fillers) to plump lips, cheeks, chin and more
- Fraxel Restore Laser Treatments
- Dot Therapy (CO2) Laser
- Healite II Skin Revitalisation and healing optimisation
- Acne scar treatments
- Treatments for recurrent Acne
- Rosacea or Redness treatments
- Treatments for dry, flaky skin
Combining Cosmetic Procedures to Rejuvenate your Facial Appearance
If you want to begin on non-surgical cosmetic facial treatments and get to know our Skin Care, Anti-Ageing Team and Plastic Surgery affiliates before proceeding with facial rejuvenation surgery, then Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing skin health treatments are a great place to start!
In addition to facial peels, laser treatments and cosmetic injections, we offer
- Eyelid lift – Upper or Lower Blepharoplasty
- Asian Double Eyelid Lift Surgery
- Revisional Rhinoplasty (surgery to fix a botched nose job)
- Face Lift (Facelift)
- Necklift (Necklift)
- Facial Feminisation
- Breast Uplift or Mummy Makeover
- Other face, neck, breast and body enhancement procedures
Locations for Dry Skin Treatments to Reduce Flaky Skin (We also offer Cosmetic Injections, Anti-Wrinkle Injections & Dermal Fillers)
Hawthorn East (conveniently close to Kew, Camberwell, Hawthorn, Toorak, Richmond and Melbourne CBD).
Learn more by sending an ENQUIRY form to arrange a custom clinical skin care assessment with one of our stellar, caring and extremely knowledgeable skin care, cosmetic injectors and skin rejuvenation experts.
One of the BEST ways to rejuvenate your facial appearance when the wrinkles start to come in spades, is an EYELID Surgery procedure known as the Upper or Lower Blepharoplasty Surgery.
Download the GUIDE to Eyelid Surgery by clicking here (our GUIDES page on our Melbourne Plastic Surgery website).
Or phone us on (03) 8849 1444 for a skin care, cosmetic injections or eyelid surgery consultation.
Be sure to specify what issues you’re wanting us to assist you with, so we can direct you to the right practitioner!