Dry Skin Treatments – Treating your Skin Conditions at Coco Ruby Skin Clinic Melbourne
Tips for Dry Skin by Peta Danvers, a Coco Ruby Dermal Clinician who helps people overcome their major skin concerns. She assists with dry skin by suggesting the right home skincare systems, serums, AND in-clinic facials including laser treatments, skin needling, peels and low-level light therapy treatments (Healite II Facials).
Or, if your skin is really in need of a refresh and boost, it might be good to explore Skin Booster Injections.
Download your Free 18 page Guide to Facial Rejuvenation treatments in Melbourne
What Causes skin to become dry, flaky and dehydrated.
Many factors contribute to you having dryer skin – Your dry skin condition may be a result of:
- Being in constantly heated environments
- Having little to no moisture or humidity in the air
- Last summer’s sun exposure having done some damage to the skin cells, showing up a few months later as underlying cells reach the surface
- Not adjusting your skincare regimes to meet the season’s effects on your skin health and moisture levels
- Not drinking as much water because you’re cold (many people drink more water during summer than in winter)
Dry skin can cause your Dermatitis, Psoriasis or Eczema to flare up!
Many people suffer from skin conditions that change in intensity with seasonal changes in humidity.
So how can we beat the scaly skin epidemic?
You’re wise to request a consultation at our Melbourne Skin Clinic, to find out what’s really going on with your skin. Our Cosmetic Injecting team is Sandra Wallace, Senior Injecting Nurse and Jessie Anderson, Registered Nurse Injector.
Best tips for better skin – Best skincare recommendations
Dry Skin Care Tip#1: EXFOLIATE
- Make sure you exfoliate!
- By getting rid of dead layers, this means that your hydrating/moisturising products can penetrate deeper.
- Otherwise, you are just slapping your lovely rich products onto a dead layer of skin.
- If you want to try one of our exfoliating skin peels or facials, phone (03) 8849 1400 and book an appointment for an assessment and a treatment.
- Skincare assessments on their own cost $50.00 but may include imaging to assess the underlying condition of your skin’s appearance with special skin photography tools (request this when you book your appointment).
Tips for dry skin in need of a refreshing exfoliation:
- Try the Aspect Gold Fruit Enzyme mask – $58.
- Benefits of this product: Great for all skin types especially sensitive skins.
- Contains Papaya and Pineapple enzymes to exfoliate and doesn’t use harsh granules.
Dry Skin Care TIP #2: SERUM
- Ensure you are using a good quality treatment serum.
- You can reduce flakiness and even redness by applying a hydrating serum that is formulated to penetrate deep into the skin.
- This stimulates your skins own hydration and moisturising factors.
- It can also decrease redness and even dermatitis because it can improve the skin’s barrier by making it stronger.
Dry skin “best serum to try” tip to combat dry skin:
- I highly recommend trying PCA Hyaluronic acid boosting serum – price $182.15.
- It provides long-lasting hydration on three levels, on the surface, deeper in the skin and by increasing the skin’s own hyaluronic acid production.
- Make sure you have a skincare consultation to ascertain if this is the best serum for your skin type and dry skin concerns.
- Shop now for cosmeceutical products if these have been recommended for you during a skincare assessment by a Dermal Clinician.
Dry Skin Care TIP #3: SKIN BOOSTER INJECTIONS, FACIALS AND SKIN PEELS
- Try a SKIN BOOSTER INJECTION treatment (suitable candidates only) – which improves the appearance of dull complexions and gives your skin a refreshed appearance and luminous glow. Tip: Skin Boosters also treat fine lines and textural concerns.
- Have monthly facials/peels.
- This helps ensure your skin is exfoliated properly and cared for by a professional.
- Having regular facial skin peels, especially lactic acid peels that are gentle, helps stimulate your own natural moisturising factors.
- Your Dermal clinician can feed hydrating and nourishing ingredients into your skin at the same time.
DRY “best facial” recommendation for to soothe dry skin:
- Add on Healite LED light therapy facial treatments to wake up those lazy skin cells and promote collagen production.
- Chemical skin peels at Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing start at $120 – Add on a Healite II treatment to make it a Signature Healite Facial – $200
- Ask which type of peel or alternative treatment is going to be best for YOUR skin type and concerns during a facial consultation.
Dry Skin Care TIP #4: MOISTURISE
- Buy one of the best moisturisers for dry skin that you can afford.
- But whatever you purchase, ensure that it is actually suitable for your skin type!
- You may be dehydrated and flaky but still, get breakouts.
- This doesn’t mean that you need a very thick heavy rich cream.
- Speak to us about tailoring your skincare to suit your concerns.
- Some people need a heavy rich cream as they don’t produce much oil.
- Seek out advice from professionals who are experts in skincare products and in-clinic facial treatments for dry skin and other concerns.
Dry Skin Care TIP #5: FACIAL OILS
- Add in a facial oil.
- This can improve lipid dry skin – or skin that doesn’t contain many oils.
- Usually, you can add this to your moisturiser or apply your facial oil just before applying your moisturiser.
- Anything that contains essential fatty acids like hemp seed oil can improve lipid function in the skin.
Best facial oil’s to try” recommendation for dry skin
- Organic Nation’s Supernatural 8 Recovery oil
- It uses organic plant oils and essential oils to soothe, repair and deliver hydration $71.50
Dry Skin Care TIP #6: AVOCADOS & OMEGA FATTY ACIDS
- Consider taking supplements but be sure you’re eating a balanced, nutritious diet.
- Fish oils that are rich in Omega fatty acids can improve some individual’s skin health.
- Eating Avocado (a SUPERFOOD) may help your skin look and feel better, too.
Dry Skin Care TIP #7: HYDRATING FACIAL MASKS
- Use a hydrating mask can help improve dry skin
- These masks can be applied a couple of times a week.
- Some are left on the skin overnight.
Best hydrating mask to try on dry skin
- Aspect Gold Hydrating Mask
- It’s fantastic for softening the skin and making if feel like a babies’ bottom.
find out the best solutions on offer for facials, skin care regimes, serums, moisturisers, Skin Boosters and skin peel options at our Melbourne skincare and anti-ageing clinic.
- Our Clinic boasts some of Melbourne’s most sought after facial treatments.
- Our facials, peels, laser treatments and skin booster injections are delivered by knowledgeable, gentle and talented Clinicians.
- Our skincare experts can also recommend a home-care regime and in-clinic facials to help YOUR skin become moisture-balanced and less dry.
- Or if you have acne, we help reduce pimples and blackheads, too, without stripping your skin of needed serum (oils).
- Read more on Acne treatments.
Disclaimer: this blog information is general in nature. These skincare and treatment tips may NOT suit every skin type or all dry skin concerns. The best way forward is to meet with a Dermal Clinician or Cosmetic Injector for a personalised assessment and skincare or cosmetic injecting recommendations including facials, skin peels, laser treatments and home-care skincare products and serums. Shop online.
Note: For Cosmetic Injection assessments such as Skin Boosters, you must meet with our RN Jessie Anderson, for an initial assessment.
For Facials, peels and skin laser treatments, acne treatments or light-based LED facials, ask to see a Dermal Clinician.
Download our Free 20 page Injectables Guide today for everything you want to know about Treatments in Melbourne