Chin Injections to reduce a double chin – are chin reducing injections worth it?
Treating the submental fat beneath your jawline with non-surgical chin injections is one of the latest advances in non-surgical beauty treatments (cosmetic medicine). It involves injecting a prescribed substance beneath the lower jawline using a grid. Do you need Double Chin Injections Treatment or a Chin Augmentation?
Download our Free 20 page Injectables Guide today for everything you want to know about Treatments in Melbourne
Chin Sculpting and Fat Reducing Chin Injections
Double Chin Injection treatments – how does it work?
- This treatment is a non-surgical cosmetic injections treatment that reduces fat under the chin area while contouring the jaw/neckline.
- It can help you attain a more sculpted looking jawline area or reduce the double-chin appearance.
How does it work?
- Under chin area injections are administered using a grid to target specific areas of fat beneath the chin.
- The injected substance is a synthetic solution which already naturally occurs in our bodies to break down fat.
- The number of under chin injections used below the jawline/under the chin, and treatment results in that area, can vary from patient to patient.
- The general improvements attainable include a more refined chin line, jawline or neckline due to less fat in that area of the lower face.
- After an initial consultation to discuss the non-surgical treatment and to see if you are a suitable candidate, it may be performed on the same day or at a later stage.
What to expect during your Double Chin Injections treatment.
- One of our fully qualified Clinicians will be performing your treatment.
- This under chin injection treatment is performed in the rooms with local anaesthetic and ice to numb the area.
- After the injections are complete, the area can feel a bit stingy, like a “sunburn” type heat which settles over the day with slight redness of the skin.
- The area will swell and may bruise slightly at the injection sites. In fact, swelling is the sign that the treatment is working. How much will depend on your skin sensitivity – everyone will vary.
- You may also experience a jiggly feeling underneath the chin which can feel a bit odd at first; but is a normal side-effect.
- It is a good idea to work the treatment around any events you may have – that’s what makes this one of the Best Winter Beauty Treatments available in Melbourne.
Note this is not a substitute for a facelift or neck lift if that’s what you really need, but for patients with a double chin and early skin ageing in the lower face, it can be effective at refining the jawline and reducing the ‘double chin’ appearance.
Results can vary from patient to patient and not all patients are suitable. Phone our Coco Ruby Injectors on (03) 8849 1400 and ask for an assessment appointment to determine if this chin-area treatment is for you – or if you’re better off exploring your plastic surgery options such as neck lift surgery with neck liposuction, a facelift or a skin peel (or combination of procedures). But WINTER is the PERFECT time to do this, for many reasons – less sun to worry about, fewer social obligations to work around, and an excuse to wear a scarf to disguise any swelling or bruising that might occur in the early days after a treatment session.
Some say that this rapidly growing injection treatment can have a similar effect to liposuction on the under-chin or under-jawline area. But it really depends on what you’re starting with, and if you have sagging skin, visible neck bands or too much neck area fat, plastic surgery may be the better option (click here to explore a facelift or neck lift).
However, If you have good skin strength, adequate coverage of your platysma bands, and you don’t mind a bit of discomfort and downtime, this treatment may get you good aesthetic jawline improvements around the lower face or chin area.
Am I a good candidate for under chin fat reduction injections – or is a neck lift better?
- You should be assessed for suitability and learn about the procedure, risks, downtime and potential results
- You’ll probably need at least 3 treatments, about six (6) weeks apart
- You may have a few days of swelling and/or bruising (so grab a bag of ice and your best scarf if you’re going out in public
- Results will likely be noticeable in the week following your first treatment, once the swelling resolves, but you’ll need to be patient as the longer-term results can take a few months to appear (the results of three treatments are also cumulative in nature)
- If you start now, by summer you’ll likely be sporting your firmer-looking jawline or neckline
- If you have a weak chin, you can also investigate having a chin augmentation (either with chin filler injections or a chin implant)
Not all patients will be suitable for this jawline enhancing, double chin reduction injections treatment. But we will give you our honest professional opinion on what treatment(s) will serve your needs best, and which options we’d recommend. It’s important that you understand the process, downtime, risks and results possibilities, including variance between patients – so keep your expectations realistic and find out more by giving us a call on .. Ask us for our Facial Rejuvenation Guide or browse freely downloadable cosmetic treatments and plastic surgery guides.
We want you to feel as comfortable as possible, before, during and after your injection treatment.
If you would like to know more about the Under Chin Fat Reduction Injection Treatment option, we would love to hear from you. Our patient liaison team will be happy to advise you after a short chat. Please call (03) 8849 1400 or email
COST of fat reduction/double chin injection treatments in Melbourne
How much does under chin injection treatments cost (fat reduction/double chin injection treatments) – Prices
- Costs vary depending on where you’re starting and what you need
- We give you a quote during your assessment, but depending on your results, your treatment may be modified (most patients need a minimum of 3 treatments to have optimal results, but this can vary)
- $1500 per treatment (2 vials) or $2000 (3 vials) – most patients need 2 vials per treatment.
How many under chin injection treatments do I need?
- Most patients have between 2 and 5 treatments, 4 – 6 weeks apart.
How long are chin injection treatment results expected to last?
- Data so far has shown that there is no need to have recurring treatments like other injectables.
- The initial fat cells that have been treated are permanently destroyed, however with weight gain, other fat cells may expand to compensate.
Are double chin injections worth it?
Results from Double Chin Fat Reduction Injection Treatments
What under-chin injections achieve for the lower face, neck or jawline can achieve:
- A more refined-looking jawline and neckline
- Less fat in the submental area of the lower face (under the chin along the lower jawline)
- A more contoured lower face
- The appearance you’ve lost weight simply because your face may appear leaner under or around the chin or jawline
- Reduction in early jowls (for some patients)
- According to reviews of double chin injection treatments on Real Self, most patients are delighted with their results.
- But it’s important to remember to keep your expectations realistic, and that results can vary from patient to patient.
- There are risks, and if your skin is sagging excessively or your platysma bands are very visible, this may become more noticeable if you try to reduce the under chin fat.
Image supplied by Allergan, the supplier of the injectables solution for treating a double chin (submental fat) with a series of fat dissolving injections.
Your injector will give you details during a no-obligation consultation. So be sure you ask every question you have, and voice any of your concerns, before you proceed.
What is the downtime/recovery for fat reduction injections (double chin treatments)?
- Results will vary from patient to patient however, you will feel swelling and discomfort for 1 to 12 days.
- You can still work, eat and act as you normally would but we recommend no exercising for 24 hours post-treatment.
- Using ice on the area can help swelling subside and ease discomfort.
Why Winter is the Perfect Time to have your Lower Face treated or a Fraxel or DOT therapy treatment.
Winter in Melbourne might be cold, but it’s also a good time to plan that double-chin injection treatment. This will, of course, reduce fat bulges under your jawline. This innovative cosmetic medical injection treatment for the lower jawline and also the neck helps reduce the excess fat that accumulates in the submental area of your face. It specifically targets the fat beneath your chin and jawline. These are often the very fat stores that lead you to look like you have two chins (the double chin). It dissolves this fat and eliminates it from your body over time. So, in about 3 to 6 months from the start of your sessions, you’ll have a stronger looking jawline again. Being able to take some social downtime and also wear a scarf in public makes this one of the best winter beauty treatments available in Melbourne.
Wearing a nice scarf or turtleneck is an easy way to cover the area until the swelling goes down.
We don’t want you to be housebound.