Bridal Treatments to help you look great on your wedding day
Want your skin and face to look its best as a bride or bridal party member? Here are the Must-have skin treatments before your wedding. Last-minute options to get your best skin.
If you have problem skin conditions you want to be treated or have enough planning time, our Dermal Clinicians can get your skin looking amazing with at least 9 to 12 months prep time and a medical-grade cosmeceutical home care routine. Here are three must-have bridal treatments to consider before your wedding or for family members (mothers and fathers of the bride or groom) and the wedding party. These are great even if you haven’t done anything for your skin – and want something quick before your wedding?
Worried about acne, hyper-pigmentation, or wrinkles showing up in wedding photos?
If so, chances are you’re curious to know what skin treatments or cosmetic enhancement procedures you can have done prior to your wedding day. If you want to ensure your skin looks its healthiest best, ask one of our top Dermal Clinicians or Injecting Physicians or Nurses for treatment advice.
Longer treatment lead times can help resolve a number of skin concerns, from acne to wrinkles and dryness.
But even if your wedding is just a few days away, it’s not too late to get a skin-glowing light treatment or gentle peel (or both)!
We offer a variety of treatment procedures – from light-based skin therapies and enzymes peels to Laser Genesis or lip plumping injections – that are perfect for your pre-wedding skin preparations.
These ‘bridal treatments’ can smooth and help lighten or tighten your facial skin, reduce pigmentation problems, and increase healthy circulation to help nurture your skin.
As a bride, we know how important it is for you to LOOK your absolute best on your wedding day.
That includes your skin, which is usually on significant display, not only on your BIG day – but in your photos, for the rest of your married life!
As you begin to assess your skin concern’s needs, please note that healing is important and that for some patients and some treatments, longer times might be optimal for you before your wedding.
Here are some ‘last minute’ skin treatment options that can benefit your skin – even a day or two before your wedding!
Is the stress of wedding preparations showing up on your skin?
We all know how busy wedding planning can become – and how we can forget to look after our skin in the weeks leading up to the big event. Fortunately, there are an array of facial and skin treatments that are safe and effective to use in the days or week just before your wedding! You’ll want to discuss your skin history and medical history with your Clinician before choosing to pursue a major treatment, but in general, our top suggestions for bridal treatments are suitable the week BEFORE your wedding (even the day before your wedding) include the following;
- Facial Treatments including Laser Genesis
- Enzyme Peels (for a beautiful skin glow and smoother surface)
- Healite II (Gentle, calming and refreshing light-based treatment)
- And if you have a bit more time (at least a few weeks), try DOT Therapy for smoother, firmer skin and complete facial rejuvenation.
Option 1 – Laser Genesis with a Peel for a Wedding Day Skin Glow
The “Wow Factor” zero downtime skin treatment at Coco Ruby for any major event is definitely the Laser Genesis + Enzyme Peel Facial Treatment.
A Laser Genesis with facial peel treatment is very gentle yet highly effective. Not only will it temporarily reduce the appearance of fine lines and facial wrinkles, but it also hydrates your facial skin leaving it looking youthful and dewy.
For a youthful, vibrant and lovely wedding day glow, Laser Genesis with a Peel (usually an enzyme peel or other light exfoliating peel) is perfect for the bride to be!
Why we love it for brides or entire wedding party, including parents of brides and grooms:
This treatment can get you a healthy skin glow as well as a notably improved skin texture – essentially providing a ‘fresher’ skin appearance. It also goes a long way towards facilitating your wedding day makeup application, which you AND your makeup artist will appreciate on the day of your event.
What a Laser Genesis with Enzyme Peel Facials does best:
- stimulates collagen
- nourishes skin
- gently exfoliates your skin to brighten your skin
- allows for better product penetration (your serums will penetrate deeper into your skin and be more effective)
- hydrates and CALMS the skin – a great idea if wedding stress has left your skin a bit reactive.
Treatment time for Laser Genesis & Enzyme Peels
Treatment times can vary depending on what you’re having done, exactly, and how your skin presents.
Allow at least 60 to 90 minutes, depending on what you’re having done. Plan on 90 to 100 minutes if it’s your first-time facial consultation at Coco Ruby.
Redness: ZERO for most patients – it even HELPS to calm skin that is prone to redness
Major Plus: May help heal pimples!
Option 2 – Enzyme Peels
Enzymes peels are often used in combination with a Laser Genesis session. But you can get an Enzyme Peel done individually as well. A Great Last Minute Option for Brides to Be, the Bridal Party including Parents of the Bride and Groom. Having a large molecular value, they help dissolve the superficial layer of the outer skin. A form of gentle but effective exfoliation, an enzyme peel helps remove congested skin and superficial debris. Additionally, it can improve moisture levels in dry skin – and can even help with healing acne (although longer lead times help a lot if you are wanting to treat more serious cases of acne).
Why we love Enzyme Peels as a last-minute Option for Brides
Enzyme peels are typically a bit less invasive than a standard glycolic peel or the SmartXide DOT CO2 treatments, so they are usually safe and effective to use a day or two before your wedding. Mineral makeup would readily cover up any post-peel pinkness (rare) so you can attend your pre-wedding day dinners looking great!
The smoothly exfoliated skin can also help give a Bride a much smoother skin ‘palette’ for makeup application AND for those amazing wedding photographs.
Option 3 – Healite II – Phototherapy for bright skin – “Light-Based Therapy for your Skin”
The phototherapy application of wavelengths is known as the Healite II LED treatment.
It has proven applications for enhancing your body’s ability to rejuvenate and recover and can help revive skin that appears lacklustre or congested.
A Healite II treatment can drastically reduce your healing time and even help soothe tissues and relieve pain. In fact, it is often used for Plastic Surgery patients to help improve their post-op recovery phases, and even physiotherapists sometimes use it for muscular treatments after an injury. But despite its excellent applications for post-surgical healing and recovery, we love its application as a relaxing facial skin rejuvenation treatment.
Even one Healite II treatment will give you pleasing & noticeably better-looking skin. Many bridal patients invest in a series of Healite II treatments in conjunction with longer-downtime treatments in the months preceding their big event. But even a single Healite II treatment can get you great results.
Ideally, you’d have your session two days or more before the big day, but even a session the day immediately before your wedding can get you a healthier-looking skin glow. But book ahead – it’s a popular treatment in Melbourne, especially without other skincare offers; and you won’t want to miss out.
What a Healite skin session does best:
- improves skin care circulation
- reduces inflammation
- stimulates cellular renewal processes
- gets you nearly instantaneous results and fresher looking skin
- best results will occur with repeated treatments over time
- please remember that nutrition and zinc can also be quite important in getting better-looking skin
- full rejuvenation effects show up after enough time has passed for its skin renewal processes to reveal improved collagen and overall skin health
The Healite II protocols help increase hydration levels and improve the overall function of the skin, leaving you with glowing, younger-looking and healthier-looking skin.
From 6 to 10 total treatments over time is typically best for optimal results with the Healite II, depending on the current condition of the skin and how it’s being used (e.g., after other treatments). Ask to meet with one of our top Dermal Clinicians to find out what will benefit your facial skin the most.
The light wavelengths making up the Healite II Technology
Phototherapy using different light wavelengths isn’t entirely new, but Healite II is definitely an advanced application method. It’s a very relaxing and effective way to improve circulation, stimulate collagen renewal, and reduce inflammation, and there are numerous settings that allow it to be customised to meet your specific skincare needs.
The Yellow Light function of Healite II technology is known to help with:
- Wound Healing
- Increases blood flow to the tissue
- Pain relief
- Relief of muscle and joint pain
- Skin rejuvenation
- Decreases deeper lines and wrinkles
- Skin tightening
The Red Light function of Healite II technology is known to help with:
- Improve circulation of blood flow to tissue (which brings nutrients to the skin)
- Stimulates collagen and cellular energy
- Escalates skin’s natural hydration
- Stimulates serotonin to the brain
How long is the treatment – and how will Healite II work for you?
Single Healite II treatments vary depending on area or condition being treated and the wavelength that your Clinician chooses based on your skin’s needs. But in general, the average treatment lasts from under 10 minutes to around 20 minutes. We love Healite II treatments for Brides and the Bridal Party because:
- It improves skin recovery from other facial rejuvenation services such as chemical peels, enzyme peels, and laser treatments
- It may help reduce swelling or bruising after cheek fillers or lip fillers and anti-wrinkle injections
- The Healite II helps increase your skin’s elasticity and firmness
- It feels warm and relaxing and might even double as an anti-wedding stress treatment
Option 4 – Facial Rejuvenation with SmartXide DOT – ideally done 14 days or more before your wedding or another big event.
Our SmartXide DOT treatment uses a Fractional Laser and Radio Frequency device. It is often used for skin resurfacing and superficial wrinkle reductions. It can also reduce the appearance of brown spots or acne scars and other hyperpigmentation concerns including sun damage. It can also help combat congested skin and minimise breakouts. Some effects from DOT therapy will be noticeable on your skin shortly after treatment (but allow for a few days for any redness to resolve), yet the best results will typically be seen several months after your treatments, and repeated series of treatments is usually what will get you the best results over time.
How it works:
SmartXide DOT is what’s known as a fractional CO2 laser system.
- The light associated with CO2 lasers can stimulate the rejuvenation of your skin through what’s called DOT technology.
- XDOT Therapy treatments produce thousands of tiny, microscopic DOTS (very tiny pinholes) in your outer skin layer (the epidermal layer).
- These Micro-beams targets a proportion of your skin’s surface, which can provide stimulation but lower downtime
- This skin penetration encourages your skin to produce more collagen which also helps tighten and rejuvenate the skin.
- It works similarly to some other light-based treatments, but because this laser uses micro-beams, it has quicker healing time and hence, fewer risks for undesired results
This helps stimulate new collagen growth and new skin tissue regeneration.
Does SmartXide DOT therapy hurt at all?
- Safe and effective, DOT therapy can even be used not only on your face but also on your hands and neck as well as decolletage.
- DOT skin therapy involves a slight ‘stinging’ sensation that only lasts for a fraction of a second.
- It’s great for reducing fine lines and wrinkles and can help improve the appearance of skin that has been impacted by sun damage or even acne scars.
From reducing pigmentation problems to minimising enlarged pores, it’s great for re-texturising the skin. It has excellent collagen-stimulating benefits and renews the skin in a way that you will love in months to come; so if your skin needs more than a booster, schedule this in as part of your pre-wedding self-care plan!
For ageing skin, aim to start your treatments about 4 to 12 months in advance of your big day if possible, for best results.
Why we love this treatment for Australian Brides, Grooms and the entire Bridal Party
We love this as a bridal treatment because you can see results quite quickly and it has little downtime. But the best skin improvement results will be seen over months rather than days. While it’s still worth trying this treatment a week or more before your wedding, it’ll be even better if you can start your DOT therapy treatments 6 months or even up to 12 months before your wedding day or other big events.
However, for brides and grooms, we do suggest booking your pre-wedding treatments at least seven days before your wedding day; and longer.
As always, this depends on your primary skin concerns and your long-term skincare and skin health goals.
What DOT does best:
- improves overall texture of the skin
- helps tighten and firm the skin
- can help reduce acne scar visibility
- improves skin hydration and combats dryness
DOT therapy takes about 60 minutes or slightly longer if you require a full facial consultation or have an additional treatment.
Like Laser Genesis, the SmartXide DOT skin treatments are also sometimes paired with enzyme peels for a more noticeable outcome and freshest looking skin.
You can also follow our DOT therapy treatments with the innovative and award-winning Healite II, which elevates skin health and skin healing after treatments to a whole new level.
Our suggestions for ‘bridal treatments’ for either the bride or members of the bridal party include;
This list is just a few suggestions for ‘bridal treatments’ there are many other options, contact us today to find the right treatment/s for you.
How to clear up your skin before the Big Wedding Day – Being pimple and blemish-free
If your aim is to have a “pimple-free wedding day” and vibrantly smooth skin, you’ve come to the right high-tech beauty blog written by a Top 10 Bloggers Team. But first, why do pimples commonly occur just before a big event? The answer is partially related to stress. If you’re planning to get married, there’s typically a lot of wedding planning stress.
Unfortunately, stress can worsen your acne and increase your risks of pimples. To aim for a pimple-free wedding, you’ll want to first find ways to decrease your stress levels. That might be doable by following a wedding planning guide, taking it one day at a time and not sweating the small stuff, and getting regular massages and movie breaks to keep your mind off the big day.
Stress and Pimples: How Stress and Acne Interact
There are several different internal processes that link stress levels to skin reactions. Stress impacts your skin health through physical interactions involving stress-related hormones, as well as the fact that high-stress levels often lead to poor eating habits and a lack of sleep. So how can you clear up your skin before your wedding to ensure a “Pimple Free Wedding”?
Whilst there’s no guarantee you will be pimple-free on your wedding day, there’s a LOT you can do to deter pimples and ensure you have great looking skin on your big day. Reducing stress and maintaining a healthy lifestyle (nutritious food and getting enough rest) is helpful, but tailored skin treatments can assist you in getting noticeable results.
Here’s what you can do to aim for a Pimple Free Wedding Day.
BEST ways to clear up your skin and prevent pimples on your wedding day:
- The best approach to clearing up your skin is planning and consistency of skincare.
- For best results, allow at least 6 months of dedicated skincare regimes before the big day.
- Some treatments you can do at home; but high-tech treatments for acne require specific equipment, clinical strength peels and professional application
Many people benefit most from a combination of “homework” and “in clinic” treatments to reduce their acne and periodic pimple breakouts.
Before we look into what can be done, we need to clarify the differences between occasional pimples or blackheads and severe forms of acne.
To help you recognise how long it might take to help you get consistently clearer skin, we’ve listed Acne classification guidelines below.
A skin assessment at Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing will give you the best information on the degree of acne or pimples you actually have; and what can be done to help. A Dermal Clinician can also help you discover some contributing factors you may not be aware of, which may be changed to help you reduce your pimple breakout risks.
Some skin conditions can sometimes be remedied in just a few months time (typically 6 months for mild acne or occasional breakouts); but severe acne and other conditions are often best actively treated by a Dermal Clinician and home care for up to a year before moving into a ‘clear skin’ maintenance regime.
Classifications of Acne: Pimples and Blackheads come in different levels of severity and this impacts how quickly you can clear up your skin
Acne is categorised into classifications or Grades of Acne. If you have severe acne, then you MAY need additional skin care support with a medical intervention approach (ask us for details during a skin assessment). But medications for acne may be linked with a lot of potentially dangerous side effects, and are ideally avoided if you can treat the skin more holistically.
When you schedule a skin assessment at Coco Ruby Skin and Anti Ageing, they’ll help you understand the severity of your acne AND help you to discover some contributing factors that you can change.
Most people with pimples and acne do the wrong things to their skin and make their acne worse
Professional help from a Dermal Clinician is invaluable; because otherwise, people with acne tend to waste a lot of time and money using the wrong products. These often make acne worse.
During a skincare assessment, not only will you learn how to minimise your breakout risks, but you’ll find out how a professional Dermal Clinician can assist you to find ways to combat those frequent pimples, pustules and blackheads.
Acne can be classified in terms of severity from Mild Acne to Severe Acne.
- Mild Acne: less than 10 pimples or comedones localised in one area on the face
- Moderate Acne: 10 – 40 papules, pustules, comedones (on face and/or body)
- Moderately to Severe Acne: 40 to 100 papules, pustules or comedones, sometimes very painful and highly inflamed (face and/or body)
- Severe – Nodular, painful large legions and extremely reactive skin that is chronically inflamed
Ask us about Different Grades of Acne by sending in an enquiry form or scheduling a consultation with a Dermal Clinician by phoning(03) 8849 1400 today.
From Pre-Wedding Pimples to a Pimple Free Wedding: Tips for Getting Clearer Skin
If you want a Pimple Free Wedding, know that treating Severe Acne can take a year or more for most cases.
But perseverance and holistic approaches to fighting acne will help you get results if you follow through and do things properly. And even if you don’t have a year, our Dermal Clinicians can get you some relief from acne or help you disguise the breakouts and redness with special makeup suggestions for your wedding day.
Six months before your Wedding is usually best to treat persistent pimples or blackheads – so plan ahead
If you have mild to moderate acne, you would typically need at least 6 months to up to a year (or longer) of using an integrated system and clinical treatment approach. Severe acne can take 12 months or longer to remedy and some individuals may need additional support.
If you are treating just the occasional pimple, then at least 3 months of professional guidance can help you learn how to keep pimples at bay and get your skin looking fresher and “glowing” before your wedding day.
Where most people go wrong is they don’t factor in all of the contributing factors, from lifestyle to cleansing habits (or the lack thereof) to products that work versus products that make your acne worse. And that includes contaminated makeup or used face washers that add bacteria to your already inflamed skin.
How Coco Ruby Acne Systems Help People Fight Acne and Reduce Pimples for Clearer Skin
- Treatment for acne and pimples always involves an initial skin assessment by a Dermal Clinician, including evaluating your skin with special lamps or imaging systems (Wood’s Lamps and/or Canfield Reveal).
- You and your Dermal Clinician would continue to explore and eliminate lifestyle factors that may be worsening your breakouts.
- We would develop a special skincare system with a custom program – and it would involve a multi-faceted approach. Simple homework skincare and in-clinic treatments as well as lifestyle changes to help you fight inflammation and breakouts.
Many people have numerous causes to their acne, so it can take time to uncover which behaviour(s) and underlying factors are leading to your acne.
Key components of your pre-wedding skin treatments to reduce pimples and acne would be:
- the right home care system using medical-grade products rather than over the counter products (e.g., use active ingredients found in Cosmeceutical products prescribed by Dermal Clinicians).
- In-clinic treatments – low-level light therapy (Healite II), enzyme or acidic peels, lasers, Dermapen and other technologies to help clear up your skin.
- Good nutrition and health habits including getting adequate relaxation and sleep (having a healthy balanced diet and avoiding soft drinks, limiting dairy; adding essential fatty acids and fish oil can sometimes help).
Good news for people with acne: you won’t want a lot of chocolate but the data does not support that chocolate makes acne worse and in fact, there are some health benefits to dark chocolate.
However, your overall diet is an important factor. Too MUCH chocolate could potentially throw your nutrition out of balance.
But what if I just have a few pimples – how can I optimise my chances of having a Pimple Free Wedding Day?
If you have breakouts that are not chronic or persistent (meaning on some days you might not have any pimples at all), your wedding day skincare aim would be to keep your skin clear and not get any pimples on the day.
You want your skin to look fresh and glowing. This would typically take about 3 months (although six months is better for most people) and would involve:
- the right home-based skincare regime – this may require trial and error but the products at Coco Ruby are evidence-based to help reduce excess sebum without over stripping the skin to prevent acne and pimples
- special Cosmeceutical products to help gently exfoliate the skin without stripping it of natural oils
- Healite II treatments, enzyme peels or special laser treatments
- DermaPen treatments if you have any prior acne scarring (this may require longer than 3 months)
Ready for your wedding day skin to get its glow?
Call us on (03) 8849 1400 and book your bridal treatments in so you’ll look fantastic on your wedding day, in your photos, and on your Honeymoon