Our Top Picks of Skin Treatments & Products for every type of Skin
Everyone’s skin type and skin tone is unique. We all have aspects of our skin that we’d like to improve and of course the continuous fight against sun damage and the signs of ageing. Whether you are naturally blessed with a near-flawless complexion or on the contrary, feel as though you have to use an arsenal of products to stay blemish-free, we all require a little extra help when it comes to maintaining, nourishing and protecting our precious skin.
Do you have trouble finding products that work for your skin type? Do you find that you often purchase skin care that ends up doing more harm than good?
With so many treatments and products available in today’s ever-growing skin care market, it can be bewildering to navigate our way through the ever-growing range of products, hype and beauty trends to find a reliable selection of products that work well for your skin.
But there is no need to worry – We’ve collated our top picks from the range of clinic treatments and top-quality cosmeceutical skin care products we offer at Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing that are suitable for all skin types and tones.
Let’s kick this off with an anti-ageing & skin rejuvenating treatment suitable for all types of skin: Collagen Induction Therapy (Skinpen Microneedling).
SkinPen Microneedling in Melbourne:
SkinPen Microneedling in Melbourne:
SkinPen® is a microneedling device that is clinically proven to effectively treat facial acne scarring and Pigmentation. With as few as three non-invasive and affordable treatments 30 days apart, you can improve your appearance for six months after your last treatment.
Our Dermal Clinicians use a specialised device called a SkinPen to perform Microneedling, suitable for use on all skin tones.
Benefits of Skinpen Microneedling:
- Short procedure time, only 30 minutes to one hour.
- A mild sensation, you feel only the slight vibration of SkinPen during the procedure.
- Minimal post-procedure downtime. The skin will appear slightly pink to red immediately post-procedure.
- Stimulates Collagen production to help combat ageing
- Reduces Scarring from Acne or Surgery
- Increases skin thickness, stimulates cells, and reduces inflammation.
The SkinPen microneedling device causes micro-injuries that stimulate the body’s natural healing process triggering the release of cytokines and growth factors. The SkinPen is your new best friend leading to regeneration of collagen and elastin.
Dermapen Microneedling for the face in Melbourne:
Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT), also known as Microneedling, is a non-surgical & effective, treatment that uses micro-fine needles to stimulate collagen production and skin rejuvenation, with minimal downtime involved. This treatment isn’t just for your face, it is also suitable to use almost anywhere on the body.
Our Dermal Clinicans use a specialised device, the Dermapen, to perform Microneedling on all skin tones, as unlike some Laser and IPL treatments, the Dermapen recognises every skin tone as the same.
Benefits of Dermapen Microneedling:
- Stimulates Collagen production to help combat ageing
- Reduces Scarring from Acne or Surgery
- Treats Uneven Skin Texture & Pigmentation
- Reduces Sun Damage
- Firms up slightly Lax Facial Skin
- Reduces Stretch Marks
The Dermapen device can be carefully managed by our Dermal Clinicans as they are able to control the depth of the penetration of the fine needles. This allows the device to reach difference layers of your skin, and therefore the treatment can be customised to target your specific skin concerns and meet your needs.
Generally, you’ll need at least 3 sessions, approximately 4-6 weeks apart for best results.
Healite Low Level Light Therapy:
Coco Ruby uses award-winning technology in the Healite II from Lutronic, an industry leader in Low Level Light Therapy treatments. This gentle, unique treatment helps to rejuvenate your skin and facilitate healing, whether from a laser skin treatment or surgery.
Benefits of Healite II Skin Rejuvenation:
- Improves Skin Circulation
- Helps to bring Internal Nutrients to the particular areas that are being treated
- Increases your skin’s collagen & resiliency
- Reduces Scar Formation
- Improves overall Skin Appearance
- Increases Cellular Renewal Processes
You can opt for a Healite II Rejuvenation treatment as part of a facial, on its own as a healing treatment, or combine it with an enzyme peel for additional benefits and results. With zero pain, zero downtime and quick results, it is the perfect, relaxing treatment to have before an important event when you need your skin to look and feel its best, or as a regular treatment to improve the overall, long-term appearance of your skin.
A Healite Treatment is especially great for you and your skin during the darker Winter months to help reenergise and reinvigorate your skin without exposure to the harsh effects of the sun and UV Rays.
Do you have an important event coming up? A Healite Facial is a great way to treat yourself and your skin and help to bring out your inner glow before a big event. You can book yourself in for a Healite Facial with one of your highly experienced Dermal Clinicians.
Our Top Skin Care Picks for all Skin Tones & Types:
At Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing, we stock a variety of high-quality Cosmeceutical Skin Care products. Haven’t heard of the term ‘Cosmeceutical’ before? Let us explain.
Cosmeceutical or ‘medical-grade’ skin care products contain active ingredients that are able to penetrate through the epidermis, all the way to the dermis where your collagen, elastin and new skin cells reside, which are the areas we look to target with our skin care regime.
- Cosmeceutical products are effective for rejuvenating, renewing, replenishing and protecting your skin.
- Although many readily available skin care products claim they are able to do this, they simply do not have a significant amount of active ingredients needed to substantiate these claims.
- Rather than simply coat the skin like many store-bought products do, cosmeceutical skin care products are able to impart immediate, as well as important long-term benefits through targeting your skin problems at their source.
All of our Cosmeceutical and high-quality skin care products are suitable and well-tolerated for use on all skin tones and types, although we have picked and put together some of our favourite, best-selling products from some of the brands we currently stock, including:
- DNA Renewal
- PCA Skin
MDRejuvena Daily Hydration Moisturiser:
Do you struggle to find the right moisturiser for your skin? Many store-bought moisturisers may often contain harmful ingredients or can be hard for your skin to absorb, leading to a greasy or stick finish once applied.
The MDRejuvena Daily Hydration Moisturiser hydrates sensitive, normal, dry and oily skin types as it helps to restore a natural moisture balance and enhance skin smoothness.
Why you’ll love MDRejuvena Daily Hydration Moisturiser:
- With a natural blend of Chamomile, Cucumber and Green Tea extracts, which all have gentle hydrating & smoothing properties, the MDRejuvena Moisturiser restores moisture to your skin without causing irritation.
- A specifically formulated, light-weight blend that melts into your skin and doesn’t sit on the skin surface, preventing a shiny or sticky finish.
- The perfect product for all skin types, including sensitive skin, as the MDRejuvena Daily Hydration Moisturiser is preservative-free, paraben-free, lanolin-free and nickel-free.
SPECIAL GIFT: As part of our Monthly Skin Care Offers & Specials, throughout the month of November 2017, you can receive an MDREjuvena Daily Hydration Moisturiser as your FREE Gift* when you spend $300 on any MDRejuvena Products. Terms & Conditions apply. See our Monthly Specials Page for more details.
Medik8 Hydr8™ Day 360 SPF 30 Sunscreen:
Many of us know the long list of benefits that daily sunscreen use has on our skin in terms of protection from sun damage and anti-ageing. Although, it can be a struggle to find a good quality sunscreen for your face that doesn’t leave your skin feely oily or cause breakouts.
The lightweight and versatile Medik8 Hydr8 Day Sun protectant with SPF 30 is the perfect on-the-go sunscreen that provided an all-in-one shield to protect & fight against environmental and internal factors that are proven to increase the speed of ageing. The formula for this sunscreen is non-irritating and rich in antioxidants that block both UBA and UVA sun rays for ultimate sun protection.
Why you’ll love Medik8 Hydr8 Day Sunscreen:
- The reinforced Hydr8™ Day 360 SPF 30 combines hydrating and protecting actives with 5 Star UVA, SPF 30, Anti-A.G.E, Anti-IR, Antioxidants and now Anti-Pollution Technology.
- Anti-Ageing ingredients to help prevent the visible signs of ageing, whilst also working to reduce the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles.
- A great ‘two-in-one’ product that works to deeply moisturise your skin, whilst also protecting against free-radicals, harmful UV rays and premature skin ageing effects.
- Formulated free of petroleum-based oils to gently nourish skin without clogging pores.
DNA Renewal Eye Cream:
Contrary to popular belief and a variety of skin myths, eye creams and serums should be incorporated into your skin care no matter your age. Why wait for lines or wrinkles to form around your eye area before using an eye cream? Doesn’t make sense, right?
The DNA Renewal Eye Cream is the perfect example of an eye cream that can be used at all ages and for all skin types, as its list of high-quality ingredients make it a ‘must-have’ treatment for anyone concerned with early-onset, or even pronounced signs of ageing.
What you’ll love about DNA Renewal Eye Cream:
- DNA Repair Enzymes make up one of the skin-bolstering ingredients included in the DNA Renewal Eye Cream to assist with the natural defence againg ageing and sun damage.
- Plumping Hyaluronic acid, Spanish Lavender, and elasticising Matrixyl 3000 are a number of the main ingredients in this potent treatment to combat fine lines, crow’s feet, dark circles and reduce inflammation – both instantly and over time.
- The inclusion of Beta Glucan helps to maintain moisture, and willowherb works to sooth any sign dos irritation.
Obagi Retinol (0.5 or 1.0)
Retinol is an incredibly versatile skin care product and work to combat a variety of common skin issues, as well as being one of the most popular ingredients on the market to help prevent the signs of ageing.
The gentle formula of the Obagi Retinol range causes minimal to no skin redness, dryness, flaking, and irritation – often considered a turn-off for many when it comes to the incorporation of retinol into their skin care regime. These side-effects can be avoided by slowly incorporating the product into your skin care regime and starting with a lower strength product (the Obagi Retinol 0.5 is a great place to start). Our Dermal Clinicians will also be able to give you further tips on how to incorporate Retinol into your regular skin care routine.
The powerful benefits of Retinol should not be overlooked, and many professionals and Dermatologists will tell you that Retinol is a must-have skin care product for basically everyone.
Benefits of the Obagi Retinol 0.5 or 1.0:
- Boosts Collagen production to combat signs of ageing
- Speeds up cell turnover to even out and brighten your skin tone
- Unclogs pores to make them appear smaller and prevent acne
- Improves skin texture
- Stimulates blood flow
- Fades dark spots and reduces skin discolouration
SPECIAL GIFT: As part of our Monthly Skin Care Offers & Specials, throughout the month of November 2017, you can receive an Obagi Professional-C Serum as your FREE Gift* when you purchase any THREE Obagi products. Terms and Conditions apply. See our Monthly Offers & Specials Page for more information.
It is all too easy to make the mistake of using a cleanser that is simply too harsh for your skin, or one that strips your skin of its natural oils, leaving your face feeling dry, tight and dehydrated. As a result, many of us are familiar with the struggle of discovering a cleanser that removes makeup, dirt and impurities without being too harsh.
When it comes to a cleanser, it is always a good bet to stay simple and choose a gentle formula that won’t irritate or dry out your skin. You can then apply spot treatments or other skin care products to problem areas or as a separate step in your routine.
The Medik8 CreamCleanse is typically suitable for every skin type, with gentle ingredients that will leave even the most sensitive skin feeling fresh and glowing.
Why you’ll love Medik8 CreamCleanse:
- Calming and gentle exfoliating cream cleanser with Madelic Acid which works to effectively remove everyday build-up, impurities and make-up, without stripping your skin’s natural, essential moisture.
- Contains a unique blend of nourishing, active ingredients that ensure your skin remains hydrated.
- Gentle, light-weight, sulphate & soap free formula to help calm sensitive skin.
It is important to note that the products mentioned are suitable for all skin types, although if you suffer from a certain medical or skin condition, you may require slightly different or additional products to help combat your particular issues.
If you are unsure about your skin type or are suffering from stubborn skin problems, you should seek professional advice. Our Dermal Clinicians at Coco Ruby will be able to help you diagnose your skin problems and suggest customised treatments and skin care products that will work for you.
Do any of these treatments or products take your fancy? You can book in for a Skin Consultation with one of our Dermal Clinicians at Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing.
Your skin will be assessed and our Clinician’s will be able to devise a customised at-home skin care routine for your particular skin concerns.
They will also be able to suggest the Clinic Skin Treatments that you can incorporate into your routine to help your skin look and feel its best.