Want better looking Selfies? Whether you are concerned about acne and blackheads or wrinkles and lines, there is always something you can do to look your best. Makeup is one thing many people use, but it is only part of getting a great selfie photo. The underlying skin (the “canvas”) is also your largest organ. It will be affected by what you consume, become exposed to in your environment and/or what you directly apply to your skin. Fortunately, there’s a lot you can do to keep it looking healthy and fresh. This blog by Hayley and her team covers some of the best skin tips you should know about to keep your skin looking its best.
Hayley Dean, Dermal Clinician gives us her BEST SKIN TIPS at Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing in Melbourne.
Best Skin Tip 1: What you do at HOME just as important than the treatments you get in the Clinic.
Their are FOUR ESSENTIALS for a great skin care routine at home (facial skin care)
- Cleanser (ask which product is the best one for your skin or your skincare concerns)
- Serum – Day & Night serums – may contain active ingredients like Retinol A to fight ageing, wrinkles or pigmentation
- Moisturiser – can help seal or protect your skin and should leave it looking plump and ‘dewey’ – reflections of light on your skin make you look more attractive and younger than dull looking skin
- Sunscreen – a MUST especially in Australia, where the sun ages us 10 years earlier than most people living in the northern hemisphere (premature ageing)
Best Skin Tip #2: There are MANY different SKIN TYPES.
You need to find out what YOURS is through a professional skin assessment by a Dermal Clinician or other skin care professional (the Canfield REVEAL imaging system and other magnifying lamps and Woods lamps also help the Clinician see what’s happening BENEATH The skin in terms of pigmentation and sun damage)
- Different products suit different skin types.
- Fitzpatrick classifications have an impact on multiple factors about your skin, and hence, will impact what products or treatments will work best for your skin type – These classifications take into account not just the pigmentation or colour of your skin but are linked with other skin properties, such as thickness and the serum levels (dry skin, oily skin, skin prone to acne).
- Every individual is unique and many of us have blended genetics; but our heritage does impact our ageing processes and our skin’s resiliency to wrinkles or sun damage; for example, Asian Skin (Indian, Chinese), Caucasian Skin, Euro/Mediterranean Skin may tend to have different needs not just in terms of makeup colouring and sun screen tones, but what type of at home routine and cleanser packs will suit you best.
YOUR SKIN CONCERNS – SKIN CONDITIONS YOU CAN TREAT
- A Dermal Clinician will help you treat your main skin care concerns through a multi-faceted approach.
- From home care systems to special products and mineral-based makeup lines to in-clinic skin resurfacing, acne treatments, Melasma treatments or anti-wrinkle solutions, your skin texture CAN be changes significantly by the right approach.
Send us an enquiry form below or phone us on (03) 8849 1444 to ask about what our talented, knowledgeable Dermal Clinicians can do for YOUR skin care regime and skin care concerns including lines, wrinkles, oily skin, acne, blackheads, Melasma and Sun Damage or pigmentation spots (Sun Spots or Ageing Spots).
We treat a wide variety of skin conditions for men and women in Melbourne. Plus, our Dermal Clinicians work with Melbourne’s leading Cosmetic Injectors and Plastic Surgeons. So if you are also wanting lip augmentation (lip defining injections using dermal fillers), an eyelid lift or a nose job – or even larger breasts, our team Surgeons
Top conditions our Coco Ruby Team can treat:
- Acne (READ MORE ABOUT TREATMENTS FOR ACNE).
- Pigmentation (discolouration or aged spots and scars)
- Sensitivity – Redness (including special products to reduce the symptoms of Rosacea)
- Lines and Wrinkles and textural imbalances (enlarged pores)
The HOMEWORK we customise and assign to patients wanting BETTER looking skin:
- Wash your face morning and night
- Why? To remove makeup, environmental pollutants and excess oils
- Your Morning and Night time routines may vary slightly
- Why? You are often exposed to different pollutants and your sebum production may change during the day
Want to find out what SKIN CARE Products are right for YOUR skin type or skin concern?
- A personal skin care assessment with a Dermal Clinician in Hawthorn East (Melbourne) can help.
- Find out what’s REALLY going on with your skin and how you can make it better!
- Phone us or send an enquiry form today.