Are you RACING CARNIVAL ready? Don’t sweat, don’t frown & don’t be late to the races in Melbourne! Read our BEST Beauty Tips for Melbourne Cup Day & Derby Day to look YOUR best at these events. After all, it’s Melbourne Cup Selfie Season!
Racing Carnival Season in Melbourne arrives shortly after the Footy Finals.
So it’s FOOTY FINALS in September each year and the Racing Carnival every October and November. Melbourne is definitely a “sports mad” crowd and lots of fun. Whether you’re a serious sports fan – or just going along with your pals to look GLAM (or both), you’ll want to look amazing at the biggest sporting events of the year in Melbourne.
To help you look your very best, here are Best Beauty Tips for Melbourne Cup Day & Derby Day from the stellar Coco Ruby Team!
Hoping for a SUNNY day at the Melbourne CUP? Just remember, the SUN is NOT your skin’s best friend.
The FIRST of our Best Beauty Tips for Melbourne Cup Day is: Don’t TRASH your skin at events.
Avoid a Sunburn at Derby Day & other racing events. Be sure you wear sunscreen and drink plenty of water.
- Nothing ages your skin faster than a sunburn or chronic sun exposure.
- It can even cause an increased risk of skin cancer.
- So wearing sun protection is a no-brainer.
But it’s amazing how, just a few champagnes later, you’ll forget to re-apply your sunscreen!
- We recommend high-SPF sunscreens with tint, as well as a physical-based sun block.
- Apply every 2 to 3 hours, or more frequently if needed.
- Bring your own large, non-breakable mirror in your bag.
Then there’s getting enough water – which is also easy to forget to do when you’re caught up in the heat of the moment.
The SECOND Best Beauty Tip for Melbourne Horse Racing Season is: Hydration
H2O – Drink Water Between Alcohol Based Drinks – and STOP drinking alcohol before you start to get too tipsy
If you stay hydrated (that means drinking 1 to 2 glasses of water between every alcoholic beverage), your SKIN – and your BODY – will thank you the next day.
- Staying HYDRATED also means you’ll need to visit the facilities on a regular basis.
- This is the time to remember to reapply your sunscreen at the races or footy finals.
- It’s also a good time to check in with yourself (or with your friends) to be sure you’re not over-imbibing and at risk of getting alcohol sickness.
All of which is easier in a formal ladies room area, more so than in a port-a-loo.
So if you’re going to be in an area where the LOOS are not exactly upscale, BRING your own hand-held MIRROR (ideally a non-breakable one).
Contact Hayley, Julia or Sarah on (03) 8849 1400 to find out about our new cosmeceutical-brand SUN BLOCKS. These look amazing on your skin AND will tend to give you better sunburn protection at the Races than most store bought brands. Affordable AND effective!
The THIRD of our Best Beauty Tips for Melbourne Cup Day & Derby Day is: Don’t Sweat at the Races – Treatments for Hyperhydrosis
Excessive sweating impacts a lot of the population. Don’t sweat at the Melbourne Cup – get your hyperhydrosis treatment injections in advance (at least 2 weeks before the cup, ideally 3 to 4 weeks in advance)
Our Coco Ruby Injecting Team tell us that MOST people don’t realise that there’s an effective, quick and long-lasting treatment for excess sweating (known as Hyperhydrosis – meaning – overly sweaty or wet in areas you’d prefer to be dry!
How Hyperhydrosis Treatment Injections to treat sweating work:
- You get muscle relaxing injections in the areas that trouble you most (forehead, under the arm pits, even hands).
- The needles are very tiny (eyelash width) and not uncomfortable and the treatment is very quick (numbing cream or ice can help if you’re sensitive)
- In about 2 weeks time, your sweating will have been minimised in those areas that have been treated.
- Repeat treatments at regular intervals may be best to reduce excess sweating problems – ask for information by phoning (03) 8849 1444 and scheduling a consultation.
Potential Benefits of Injecting Treatments for Hyperhydrosis include:
- the ability to wear lighter clothing without worrying about the excessive sweat marks under your arms
- if you treat your palms or hands, you’ll be able to hold your phone or glass without it slipping due to sweaty palms
- feeling more confident in social situations
- being more comfortable participating in sports (less sweat) – on the field or in the stands as a spectator
- you’ll feel less embarrassed by the pools of sweat that drip off your body in summer – or all year round!
How long does the treatment for Hyperhydrosis last?
Each case of hyperhydrosis is unique. Responses to cosmetic injections and hyperhydrosis treatments will vary from person to person and different areas of the body may respond differently (such as the palms of your hands, your under arms or forehead).
However, an injection treatment for sweating TENDS to last for approximately four to six months for the majority of patients.
So chances are you’ll need to repeat the treatment approximately every 4 to 9 months, sometimes even less, for best results to reduce excess sweating.
But patient’s always say it’s WELL WORTH it and they really love the reduction in sweat production.
And there aren’t very many great alternatives for reducing excess sweating!
The FOURTH Beauty Tip for Melbourne Cup & Season is: Don’t Frown
But Don’t Be Late for your Cosmetic Injections!
As you get ready for the races, you’ll no doubt try on hats, hairstyles and fascinators. This means more time in front of the mirror (and more time taking selfies to post on Instagram at the races!)
Looking in the mirror, have you noticed those infamous “11’s” between the brows, or even vertical lip lines and crow’s feet?
Don’t leave your cosmetic injecting treatments til too close to Racing Day. It’s too risky otherwise and difficult to get in with Melbourne’s top Injectors.
Melbourne Cup & Derby Day Preparations for Fewer Wrinkles & Great Looking Skin
Time flies and the Melbourne Carnival Horse Racing Season will be here before you know it.
These days, with the RIGHT injecting strategy and top-brand injectable solutions, you’ll be AMAZED how much these treatments can help reduce the signs of facial ageing. But don’t be late – get in with enough time to see the results before Melbourne Cup Day.
Best time to get Cosmetic Injections before a big event such as the Melbourne Cup or Footy Finals – or even a Spring or Summer wedding!
At Coco Ruby in Hawthorn, Cosmetic Injector Sandra Wallace says you’ll want to start your anti-wrinkle injections at least a month AHEAD of the event. That’s because anti-ageing injections takes a few weeks to take effect. Plus, if you have deep lines on your forehead that you’ve not yet treated (such as frown lines), or even crow’s feet, it MIGHT take 2 consecutive treatments to reduce those wrinkles or deeper lines.
“Dermal Filler, on the other hand,” says Sandra (@sandra_cocorubyskin), “can be performed up to 2 weeks before the big social outing, such as Derby Day or the Melbourne Cup Carnival . But with anti-wrinkle injections, I’d suggest starting at least 3 to 4 weeks ahead of the big event. For deeper lines and wrinkles, I prefer to see clients at least 6 months or more in advance of a big event – this includes weddings.”
Cosmetic Injector Sandra’s tips for Cosmetic Injections before Footy Finals, Derby Day or The Melbourne Cup:
- For wrinkle fighting injections or dermal fillers, start at least 4 weeks to 6 weeks in advance (if you have a 4 month window, you are typically best to get cosmetic injections twice, around the 3 month mark depending on how your first treatment went for you).
- With dermal fillers, a little is better than too much (you don’t want to get a trout-pout or look puffy due to having too much lip or cheek filler!)
- So if you get a good cosmetic injector, like Sandra, they’ll start with a subtle yet pleasing enhancement, then add more as they see your results over time (it can take a few weeks for your cheek or jawline fillers to reach the stage you can see what’s been done).
- Lip Augmentations are great for most faces so long as they are done properly and subtly – you can get those about 2 weeks to 4 weeks ahead of a big event. Just be sure you discuss your lip shape preferences beforehand.
- Schedule an appointment with Sandra by phoning (03) 8849 1400.
More TIPS about Lip Augmentation, Cheek Filler and Anti-Wrinkle Injections:
- Dermal Filler Injections AND Anti-Wrinkle Injections are medical treatments
- They are primarily used these days as cosmetic feature-enhancements AND to reduce lines and wrinkles
- They can, however, be used to correct facial asymmetry, nose bumps, overly gummy smiles or facial deformities
- Treatments involve approved prescription solutions (but not ALL injectors or solutions are alike)
- It really pays to have a skilled injector who uses top brand solutions in the right way – otherwise you could end up looking…well…over-filled and very puffy!
- Some supplements may be best avoided before you get an injecting treatment
- Don’t fly immediately after FACIAL FILLER (read the Flying After Filler – Hidden Dangers blog here).
However, cosmetic injections are actually MEDICAL prescription treatments.
- There are risks involved; you will need to provide your health history and sign a consent.
- A good injector will inform you of the risks and work diligently to minimise them.
A beauty salon or start-up medical office offering cheap injections or discount fillers can be a risky choice.
- If you choose the wrong Clinic, you might get overly-diluted products that won’t last as long.
- Or worse yet – you might get non approved filler solutions injected by a minimally-trained, unqualified person.
Cosmetic Injection Safety depends in large part on the skill and training of your injector and their choices of cosmetic injectable solution brands.
- Injecting is serious business – some of the cheap discount injecting clinics using less experienced trainees are downright scary to think about!
- Instead, get a qualified and experienced medical professional to give you injections to ensure a good result and best-practice sterilisation methods for patient safety.
- Our Cosmetic Injectors each have over 15 to 20 years of experience in Cosmetic Injections – that’s a lot of expertise helping patients to enhance their features, reduce wrinkles or correct a skin concern!
- First timers for Lip Fillers and Lip Augmentation injections – find our best cosmetic injection treatment tips here!
And NEVER get permanent Facial Fillers, says our team.
Temporary fillers give you much more flexibility and if you decide you don’t want bigger lips or cheeks at some stage, you can revert back to the anatomy you had before hand. Plus, permanent facial fillers tend to stay put as your skin ages – this can lead to some interesting results!
“Temporary fillers are best – not permanent fillers” is the motto of our Coco Ruby team.
“If you’ve never had filler or wrinkle injection treatments before – and even if you had, there’s always a risk of some bruising or swelling,” notes our senior injector (at Hawthorn).
“A slow, steady injecting approach can minimise this – but you’ll want to allow at least 2 to 3 weeks for any potential bruising to resolve, especially if you’ve bruised before.” Schedule a consult by phoning (03) 8849 1444.
SUMMARY OF OUR BEST MELBOURNE CUP DAY BEAUTY TIPS:
If you’re a real sporting fan, you’ll be yelling in support of your team (or horse).
You’ll also likely spend FAR TOO MUCH TIME in the sun.
This can accentuate your wrinkles and lead to some interesting photographs of your face at the races!
So WEAR Sun Protection (Cosmeceutical brands) and reapply regularly, drink plenty of H2O between other drinks, wear a WIDE BRIMMED HAT & EYE PROTECTION when you’re outside, and if you want to top up your Facial Filler or Anti-Wrinkle Injections, don’t be late!
Here’s what Cosmetic Injecting treatments can do for patients:
- Smooth out a wrinkled brow or reduce the ‘frowning forehead’ look
- Reduce the frown lines that form around the chin when you make a face
- Open up your eyes by reducing those crow’s feet wrinkles and fine lines around your eyes
- Minimise under eye bags or dark circles under your eyes (selected patients)
- Even out a bumpy nose (Liquid Rhinoplasty – be sure you understand the benefits AND the risks)
- Augment Lips (Make them slightly plumper or fuller) – which helps reduce smoker’s lines and lip lines
There’s even a way that injections can help keep your hay fever at bay – ask your Injecting Clinician for information on the future of injections for reducing hay fever and nasal allergies.
And for your SKIN?
“Winter is the best time to have deep chemical peels or laser treatments,” notes Hayley Dean of Coco Ruby.
“So if you want any facials or skin treatments, call us sooner rather than later – or you’ll risk exposing treated skin to the sun. That’s a real NO NO.”
BONUS BEAUTY TIP FOR FOOTY FINALS & MELBOURNE CUP DAY
Non-Surgical Skin Care TIPS
What does Hayley recommend for skin if either Darby Day or MELBOURNE CUP Day is fast approaching?
“Laser Genesis is a brilliant skin treatment,” notes Hayley. “It’s gently refreshing, and gives you plumped looking skin. There are also some great peels or light treatments that can help you get your skin ready for those Cup Day Selfies.”
Ask to meet with Hayley, Julia or Sarah to schedule in your treatments. For September, there’s also a package for your Fraxel treatments. Find out more by phoning us on (03) 8849 1444 or clicking on our Monthly Skin Care Specials Pages.
Something you may have NOT thought of about alcohol and sun exposure:
- Alcohol affects your level of Vitamin A in your skin; so be sure to put a good Vitamin A cream on at night.
- Ask Hayley for recommendations – there’s Obagi, Medik8, Cosmedix and PCA and several other products she can assist you with.
- Again – be sure you DO get adequate water intake.
- Your skin needs HYDRATION (every second drink should be a large glass of water); and drink more water before you go to bed.
- Hylaronic serum with Vitamin B is also helpful to hydrate the skin after long days in the sun.
- There’s some great new physical sun blocks too – ask us for details!
So the best things you can do for your skin at the Melbourne Cup or other Melbourne Sporting events, is to STAY out of the sun, wear a broad rimmed hat and BIG sunglasses (choose highly-protective eye gear), and REAPPLY quality sun protection very regularly.
So there you have it – our Best Beauty Tips for Melbourne Cup Day and Derby Day and other Melbourne Sporting events!
Phone us on (03) 8849 1444 with questions or (03) 8849 1400 to schedule an appointment.