Anti-Wrinkle Injections: Benefits of Non-Surgical Cosmetic Treatments including Muscle Relaxing Injections
Nearly everyone has heard of anti-wrinkle injection treatments, using muscle relaxing injectable solutions. Many of us over the age of 40 have made use of their restorative and rejuvenating effects. Whether called by their formal brand names or better known as wrinkle relaxing muscle-relaxing injections, cosmetic injections are powerful tools that can help us keep our faces looking fresher, younger and more rested.
Anti-wrinkle injections (muscle relaxing injections) have been used to (a) reduce or remove unwanted lines and wrinkles (temporarily), (b) treat hyperhydrosis, (c) correct a gummy smile – and for some patients, even (d) reduce frequent headaches or TMJ that relates to facial tension or jaw clenching.
Most of all, skillfully applied cosmetic facial injections can help your skin look more radiant and rested, with minimal treatment time and less risks than facial surgery. They are also more affordable than face surgery, although may be combined with a facelift or other rejuvenating facial surgery procedure for optimal results.
Injections in the hands of a skilled Clinician have minimal risks for suitable patients; but they are not, however, risk free. So be sure to explore the benefits and injecting risks before consenting to a procedure and follow your Injecting Clinician’s instructions precisely to minimise complication risks.
Muscle Relaxing Injections and Dermal Fillers Combined – Cosmetic Treatments for Facial Rejuvenation with or without surgery
Anti-Wrinkle, muscle-relaxing injections are often also combined with Dermal Filler injections and lip filler treatments to help achieve restoration of lost facial volume in the cheeks, jawline or temples, as well as lost lip volume. This helps rejuvenate the entire facial appearance.
Combining Dermal Fillers with Anti-Wrinkle Injections for Full Facial Rejuvenation Benefits (We also perform Under Chin Injection Treatments to reduce the appearance of a double chin).
Shown below is a cheek augmentation injecting procedure performed on a patient who wanted more pronounced yet natural-looking cheek augmentation using dermal filler injections.
Anti-Wrinkle treatments with Muscle Relaxing Injections approved by the TGA can help reduce unwanted wrinkles and soften facial lines including:
- Frown lines
- Crow’s feet (lines around the eyes)
- Horizontal forehead lines and eyebrow lifting
- Lines above the lip
- Dimples on chin
Other uses of muscle relaxing injections have included treatments related to:
- Hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating)
- Gummy smile appearance
- An uneven or lopsided smile
- Tension in the jaw
- Asymmetry of certain parts of the face (uneven brows, for example)
Sometimes the wrinkles relate to a loss of skeletal volume – as bones deteriorate and atrophy over time and with ageing. Volume can be replaced with Dermal Filler injections and the combined effect of anti-wrinkle injections and dermal fillers can be very rejuvenating and long lasting.
The key to getting a natural looking result with Dermal Fillers and Anti-Wrinkle Injections is to choose a strategic, highly experienced cosmetic Injector such as our Top Injecting Team in Melbourne and Berwick: Dr Prav, Sandra and Kay.
We offer a many brands of popular anti-ageing treatments, each individual treatment is tailored to your needs.
What are Anti-Wrinkle Injections?
Anti-wrinkle injections are a procedure to treat lines and wrinkles in the skin. A Purified natural protein is injected in to the area to relax wrinkle causing muscles, creating a refreshed look. The active ingredient for the muscle relaxant injection solutions are derived from bacteria in sterile laboratory conditions.
Anti-wrinkle injection is a prescription-only medicine so the treatment is performed by a qualified medical professional.
How do Anti-Wrinkle Injections work?
Anti-wrinkle injections work on relaxing the dynamic muscles that are responsible for wrinkle formation. Small amounts are injected in to the skin and this results in relaxation of the muscle movement.
When will I see results from cosmetic injections for wrinkles – and how long does it last?
Generally, people start to see the results within 2-3 days of their treatment, however it can take up to seven to ten days to see the final results.
The effects of anti-wrinkle injections usually last up to up to 3 to 4 months and the longevity of the effect INCREASES with continued treatments. If you have regular treatments, the effects may last longer.
How do I maintain the results of my muscle-relaxing injections or anti-wrinkle cosmetic injection treatments?
- Regular anti-wrinkle injections may help improve the longevity of the treatment’s effects.
- In addition, recurring cosmetic injection treatments may help reduce static wrinkles (these are wrinkles that are present even when your face is at rest).
- Some patients notice they can typically wait longer between injection sessions over time; for some patients, it may be the reverse – it really depends on a variety of factors including muscles, anatomy, skin health and lifestyle as well as what solution is used and how much is used.
- Our Specialist Aesthetic Doctor or Nurse Injector can discuss a treatment plan for regular anti-wrinkle injections for you.
What are possible side effects of anti-wrinkle injections, double chin submental fat reduction injections or dermal filler injections?
In the treatment of upper facial lines, the doses that are used are small. In most cases, any side effects are temporary, and are limited to where the treatment was injected. In the treatment of neck fat/under chin fat accumulation using under chin fat reduction injection treatments to reduce a double chin, your Injecting Clinician will give you detailed information about the potential side effects, risks or contraindications.
Possible side effects of cosmetic injections including Muscle-Relaxing Anti-Wrinkle Injections, Dermal Fillers or Double Chin Injection Treatments to reduce Under Chin Fat that weakens a firmer looking jawline area include:
- Discomfort in the treated areas
- Swelling or redness at injection site
- Local muscle weakness including drooping of the eyelid or eyebrows
- Tingling sensations
- Itching or aching forehead
- Sensations or sensitivity in the treated areas
- Nausea and flu-like symptoms
- Other risks associated with dermal fillers or cosmetic injections (which may be minimised by good sterilisation procedures and a highly skilled injecting strategy implemented by an experienced Cosmetic Injector)
If you’re thinking about fillers, be sure you know about the Filler Danger Zones, why you shouldn’t fly just after facial fillers and other important tips for cosmetic injections including Muscle Relaxing Injections and Lip Fillers.
Can Anti-Wrinkle Injection treatments be combined with other products and procedures?
Many people combine anti-wrinkle injection treatments with other cosmetic procedures such as dermal filler injections and skin treatments that help improve skin tone, texture and quality. Our clinician can discuss an individual treatment plan to help you reach your facial enhancement and rejuvenation goals.
Top Facial Augmentation Procedures using Cosmetic Injectables, Lip Plumping Fillers and Dermal Fillers include:
- Cheek augmentation using dermal filler injections
- Lip Augmentation using Lip Fillers and Lip Injections
- Temple volume restoration
- Tear Trough Reduction Injections
- Double Chin injection treatment for a firmer, more youthful looking neckline or jawline (under chin injections to reduce a ‘double chin’)
We also now offer Double Chin Injection Treatment for lower face rejuvenation including reduction of submental fat in the neckline or jawline area (reducing the appearance of a double chin). Ask Dr Prav for more information on that popular “non-surgical neck lift” procedure.
Next Step: Booking your Initial Consultation for Anti-Wrinkle Treatments or Skin Rejuvenation Dermal Filler Injections for Cheek Augmentation or Lip Augmentation
Book to visit a Senior Injecting Clinician at Coco Ruby in Hawthorn or Berwick.
Send us a confidential enquiry or call on (03) 8849 1444 to arrange your Confidential Consultation with one of our Coco Ruby team.
Want more information before scheduling your treatment consultation?
- Request more information about any of our skin procedures including laser rejuvenation, Fraxel, Injectables or Healite II treatments – call or contact us
- Attend our FREE Regular Practice Events and meet our Skin Treatment Experts and our team of Specialist Plastic Surgeons – learn more about non-surgical and surgical options for face, body, breast and skin