Anti-Wrinkle Injections (Melbourne/Hawthorn/Camberwell/Kew Area)
Cosmetic Treatments including Muscle Relaxing, Anti-Wrinkle Injections: Benefits of Cosmetic Injectables
- Nearly everyone has heard of anti-wrinkle injection treatments, using muscle relaxing injectable solutions.
- Many of us over the age of 40 have made use of their restorative and rejuvenating effects.
- Some women and men are even using cosmetic injections and wrinkle treatments as a wrinkle prevention measure.
Whether called by their formal brand names or better known as wrinkle relaxing muscle-relaxing injections, cosmetic injections are powerful tools that can help us keep our faces looking fresher, younger and more rested.
Anti-wrinkle injections are for reducing lines and wrinkles – and can be used across most areas of the face.
Areas where anti-wrinkle injections (cosmetic injectables) are most frequently used:
- Between the brow (concentration lines)
- Upper forehead lines
- Crow’s feet around the eyes
- Frown lines around the mouth
- Vertical lip lines (but these can sometimes be helped by lip augmentation, which expands the lip volume slightly and may help reduce fine lines above the lip).
Anti-Wrinkle Injections/Cosmetic Injections have many uses – but they are a prescription cosmetic medical treatment and you need to be sure you understand the process, post-treatment care and injecting risks. Ask your Clinician for details by booking an assessment to see if you’re a good candidate for cosmetic injectables treatments – phone (03) 8849 1444 or send an enquiry form, below.
Cosmetic Injections: Not just for anti-ageing
Some individuals use anti-wrinkle injectables and cosmetic injections to help correct a gummy looking smile (helping to drop the upper lip into place above the teeth when too much gum area is showing).
Anti-wrinkle injections (muscle relaxing injections) have been used to:
(a) reduce or remove unwanted lines and wrinkles (temporarily)
(b) treat hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating)
(c) correct a gummy smile
(d) reduce frequent headaches or TMJ that is linked with facial tension and jaw clenching
Most of all, skillfully applied cosmetic facial injections can help your skin look more radiant and rested, with minimal treatment time and less risks than facial surgery.
- Injections are also more affordable than face surgery, although may be combined with a facelift or other rejuvenating facial surgery procedure for optimal results.
- For example, some people choose a Liquid Rhinoplasty (temporary) instead of a surgical Rhinoplasty.
Ask us about a Liquid Rhinoplasty (non-surgical rhinoplasty) which may involve a combination of dermal filler injections and/or anti-wrinkle injections, depending on what you’re aiming to accomplish.
Are cosmetic injections and wrinkle relaxing injections safe?
- There are risks involved with injections, which is why you need to read the consent form carefully AND understand how to care for your skin before and after injections.
- Injections in the hands of a skilled Clinician with a solid knowledge of facial anatomy and vascularity differences in faces, have minimal risks for suitable patients; but they are not, however, risk free.
Be sure to explore the benefits and injecting risks before consenting to a cosmetic injection procedure.
Also, be sure you follow your Injecting Clinician’s instructions precisely to minimise complication risks after getting injections (don’t fly for at least 2 weeks after facial fillers).
- Know that results can vary from patient to patient and there can be some variability in how long the injections last.
- Anti-wrinkle injections need to be done at least 2 weeks before a big event (such as a wedding) and results take a few weeks to become visible, as the injected solution relaxes the muscles over time.
- Repeat treatments are often needed (top up injections) – but the skill of your injector – and your skin’s reaction – may allow you to go a lot longer between sessions (make sure they are using a real vs fake cosmetic injection solution, and are not over diluting it).
Not all candidates are suitable for cosmetic injections – and you’ll need a health/medical assessment before proceeding.
Muscle Relaxing Injections and Dermal Fillers Combined
Cosmetic Treatments for Facial Rejuvenation with or without surgery
Anti-Wrinkle, muscle-relaxing injections are often also combined with Dermal Filler injections and lip filler treatments. These combined injecting strategies help patients achieve restoration of lost facial volume, which rejuvenates the facial appearance.
Injections to enhance your features can be made in the cheek area, jawline, crow’s feet area around the eyes, the temples, and more. They can also be used to augment the lips by replacing lost lip volume.
This helps rejuvenate the entire facial appearance.
But read about how to avoid LIP FILLER DISASTERS such as over-volumised lips after lip injections.
Combining Dermal Fillers with Anti-Wrinkle Injections for Full Facial Rejuvenation Benefits – cheeks, lips, jawlines, chin area, crow’s feet, brows, temples and foreheads being the most popular injection areas.
Shown below is a cheek augmentation injecting procedure performed on a patient who wanted more pronounced yet natural-looking cheek augmentation using dermal filler injections.
She had both anti-wrinkle injections and dermal fillers for a full-face rejuvenation effect.
What do anti-wrinkle injections DO for men and women?
Anti-Wrinkle treatments with Muscle Relaxing Injections can help reduce unwanted wrinkles and soften facial lines including:
- Frown lines
- Crow’s feet (lines around the eyes)
- Horizontal forehead lines and eyebrow lifting
- Vertical Lines above the lip
- Dimples on chin
Other uses of muscle relaxing injections have included treatments related to:
- Hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating)
- Gummy smile appearance
- An uneven or lopsided smile
- Tension in the jaw
- Asymmetry of certain parts of the face (uneven brows, for example)
What causes facial wrinkles in the first place?
- Primarily, the muscles and skin of the face age over time.
- Skin looses collagen and skin folds and lines form after decades of repeated facial expressions.
- Getting too much sun also damages the skin, and leads to an increase in skin concerns such as pigmentation, deeper lines and wrinkles.
And it doesn’t even need to be said that smoking is one of the absolute WORST things you can do for your skin. So is having poor nutrition and inadequate water intake.
- Sometimes the wrinkles you see on your face relate to a loss of skeletal volume.
- That’s because bones deteriorate and atrophy over time and with ageing.
- Volume can be replaced with Dermal Filler injections and the combined effect of anti-wrinkle injections and dermal fillers can be very rejuvenating and long lasting.
- In the image below, a patient is getting her cheek bones “re-volumised” after bone loss related to ageing.
- This type of cheek augmentation – done properly using the right amounts of dermal filler – boosts the entire appearance of the face.
The key to getting a natural looking result with Dermal Fillers and Anti-Wrinkle Injections is to choose a strategic, highly experienced cosmetic Injector.
Find out more about our highly skilled Cosmetic Injecting Team in Melbourne: Dr Tina Purdon & Sandra Wallace.
Phone (03) 8849 1444 today.
Why choose our Cosmetic Injecting Team?
- We offer a many brands of popular anti-ageing cosmetic treatments, including cosmetic injectables and anti-wrinkle solutions.
- Each individual treatment is tailored to your specific needs.
- We are very careful with sterility and patient safety is our top priority.
- We understand facial anatomy and individual differences – this helps keep you safer than if you went to a less trained clinician or cheap injecting clinic who offer people injecting who have NOT had decades of cosmetic injecting experience
- Read more about our Melbourne Cosmetic Injecting Clinicians (Sandra Wallace, RN and Dr Tina Purdon)
What are Anti-Wrinkle Injections using, exactly?
Anti-wrinkle injections treat lines and wrinkles in the skin by relaxing and temporarily disabling certain facial muscles. The effects wear offer after a period of several months.
Multiple treatments may be needed if your wrinkles are very ingrained and deep; and sometimes injections are best off when combined with skin resurfacing such as Dermapen/Micro-needling, DOT therapy, peels or skin laser treatments.
Anti-Wrinkle Solutions and Dermal Fillers: Top Brands that are reputable are safer than unknown formulas that may be used by cheap injection clinics
- The active ingredient for the muscle relaxant injection solutions are derived from bacteria in sterile laboratory conditions. This product has a variety of medical and cosmetic uses and has been used safely for several decades, with a long history of efficacy/safety knowledge.
- Depending on what you’re choosing, your injector may use a muscle relaxer pharmaceutical product or a dermal filler of varying consistency.
- We only use reputable, well proven dermal filler brands and wrinkle relaxing solutions at Coco Ruby.
- Essentially, these solutions are injected in to the area to relax wrinkle causing muscles, creating a refreshed look.
Anti-wrinkle injection is a prescription-only medicine so the treatment is performed by a qualified medical professional.
How do Anti-Wrinkle Injections work on lines and wrinkles?
Anti-wrinkle injections work by relaxing the dynamic muscles that are responsible for wrinkle formation.
Small amounts are injected in to the skin, superficially, and this results in relaxation of the muscle movement.
When will I see results from cosmetic injections for wrinkles – and how long does it last?
- Generally, some people will begin to see the results of cosmetic injections within a few days of their treatment, but it typically takes 7 to 10 – even up to 2 to 3 weeks – to see the actual final results.
- Remember, these are temporary – and ask your Clinician how to care for your skin after having injections (don’t do strenuous exercise right away either).
The effects of anti-wrinkle injections usually last up to up to 3 to 4 months and the longevity of the effect INCREASES with continued treatments.
If you have regular treatments, over time, the effects may last longer and the skin will look better.
How do I maintain the results of my muscle-relaxing injections or anti-wrinkle cosmetic injection treatments?
- Regular anti-wrinkle injections may help improve the longevity of the treatment’s effects.
- In addition, recurring cosmetic injection treatments may help reduce static wrinkles (these are wrinkles that are present even when your face is at rest).
- Some patients notice they can typically wait longer between injection sessions over time; for some patients, it may be the reverse – it really depends on a variety of factors including muscles, anatomy, skin health and lifestyle as well as what solution is used and how much is used.
- Our Aesthetic Doctor or Nurse Injector can discuss a treatment plan for regular anti-wrinkle injections for you.
What are possible side effects of anti-wrinkle injections, double chin submental fat reduction injections or dermal filler injections?
- In the treatment of upper facial lines, the doses that are used are small.
- In most cases, any side effects or unwanted effects are usually temporary, and are limited to where the treatment was injected.
- In the treatment of neck fat/under chin fat accumulation using under chin fat reduction injection treatments to reduce a double chin, your Injecting Clinician will give you detailed information about the potential side effects, risks or contraindications.
- In some unlucky situations, there could be a more serious complication; which is why you need to choose your injector very carefully.
Possible side effects of cosmetic injections including Muscle-Relaxing Anti-Wrinkle Injections, Dermal Fillers or Double Chin Injection Treatments include:
- Discomfort in the treated areas
- Marks where the needle or cannula was inserted
- Swelling or redness at injection site
- Local muscle weakness including drooping of the eyelid or eyebrows
- Tingling sensations
- Itching or aching forehead
- Sensations or sensitivity in the treated areas
- Nausea and flu-like symptoms
- Other risks associated with dermal fillers or cosmetic injections (which may be minimised by good sterilisation procedures and a highly skilled injecting strategy implemented by an experienced Cosmetic Injector)
Most side effects from cosmetic injections last only a few days – but some people with sensitivities may experience these for a longer period.
Discuss this in detail with your clinician before proceeding, and DO be sure you understand ALL risks from cosmetic injection treatments.
Remember, too, that individual results can vary.
If you’re thinking about fillers, be sure you know about the Filler Danger Zones, why you shouldn’t fly just after facial fillers and other important tips for cosmetic injections including Muscle Relaxing Injections and Lip Fillers.
Can Anti-Wrinkle Injection treatments be combined with other products and procedures?
Many people combine anti-wrinkle injection treatments with other cosmetic procedures such as dermal filler injections and skin treatments that help improve skin tone, texture and quality.
Our clinicians can discuss an individual treatment plan to help you reach your facial enhancement and rejuvenation goals.
Top 5 Facial Augmentation Procedures using Cosmetic Injectables, Lip Plumping Fillers and Dermal Fillers include:
- Cheek augmentation using dermal filler injections
- Lip Augmentation using Lip Fillers and Lip Injections
- Temple volume restoration
- Tear Trough Reduction Injections
- Double Chin injection treatment for a firmer, more youthful looking neckline or jawline (under chin injections to reduce a ‘double chin’)
We also now offer Double Chin Injection Treatment for lower face rejuvenation including reduction of submental fat in the neckline or jawline area (reducing the appearance of a double chin). Ask Dr Tina Purdon for more information on that popular “non-surgical neck lift” procedure.
Next Step: Booking your Initial Consultation for Anti-Wrinkle Treatments or Skin Rejuvenation Dermal Filler Injections for Cheek Augmentation or Lip Augmentation
Book to visit a Senior Injecting Clinician at Coco Ruby in Hawthorn.
- Send us a confidential enquiry
- Or call on (03) 8849 1444 to arrange your Confidential Consultation with one of our Coco Ruby team.
Want more information before scheduling your treatment consultation?
- Attend our FREE Regular Practice Events and meet our Skin Treatment Experts and our team of Plastic Surgeons – learn more about non-surgical and surgical options for face, body, breast and skin.
- Request more information about any of our skin procedures including laser rejuvenation, Fraxel, Injectables or Healite II treatments – call or contact us using the online enquiry form.
Please also visit our COCO RUBY home page or visit Cosmetic Surgery for Women and Men and read our award winning world’s best-ranked Plastic Surgery BLOGS and browse through some of our best Skin Care/Cosmetic Injection Blogs. (Our blogs have ranked in the top 10 best beauty and plastic surgery blogs in recent years).
Please also FOLLOW us on Facebook.